Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t listen, she is going to be the worst thing to happen to wellness. Now she’s spouting pregnancy nonsense where western medicine (that can and has prevented so much unnecessary heartache) is the bad guy. I believe that there does need to be more focus on empowering mothers and letting them have a say, BUT it’s not all monsters and people with agendas.

Now she’s rewriting her birth story with Lea. Every experience she has needs to be examined under a microscope. She is mourning her first pregnancy?! How can you trust anything she says? In ten years she will be bitching about this pregnancy and inventing some trauma behind it to justify her newest wellness trend.

Trust your intuition of course, but don’t ignore logic or the privileges afforded to you by modern medicine. Privileges some would pay and arm and a leg for. Pregnancy is sacred and beautiful and can be dangerous, and modern medicine has done some great things with preventing and eliminating dangers. Like anything, there’s bad doctors and bad practices, but as a whole we are far better off than our ancestors were when it comes to safe and successful births.

Reactions: 10
Are you Swedish?

Where is everyone from here if thats ok to ask?

CANADA here.

Yes only Rachel rebrands alcohol as soul medicine. When alcohol is literally body poison.
I’m from Austria and we call that drink mulled wine and there’s really nothing special about making it 😅

Reactions: 4
I’m from Sweden, too. And I find her more annoying and more unhinged now than ever. I would have some kind of respect for her if she really was downsizing to live a slow and ”simple” life closer to nature – if she actually DID! But buying property after property and profiting the hell out of everything is just wow. The FARM, all the renovation going on, having an expensive and unnecessary af SUV and promoting (?) an expensive af DOWN jacket (which is unclear if it was an ad btw – if it was she is clearly not following the Swedish online marketing law…) is not so eeeh... ancestral? She's a brat and good with words just like other "successful" narcis.

Whyyy would you PAY to make glögg with her? I just don’t get it. It’s mulled wine, glühwein, whatever you wanna call it. Just Google it. She's really trying to profit from exactly everything. And this pin points exactly why I don’t follow her anymore. Except for the analyzing here, hehe. She is an interesting (nut)case to analyze for sure.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Really whereabouts? I lived there for a while also!

im Dutch
[/QUOTE]
Scotland or Cambodia?

JFC. Her stories of her performative crying because she listened to Taylor Swift's All Too Well (the 10 minute version) and tagging Taylor, and the way she makes her voice all high pitched and wobbly.

This woman is the worst kind of attention seeker.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
JFC. Her stories of her performative crying because she listened to Taylor Swift's All Too Well (the 10 minute version) and tagging Taylor, and the way she makes her voice all high pitched and wobbly.

This woman is the worst kind of attention seeker.
She is desperate to reach out to Taylor.
She has gained success in the past with trying to talk to celebs, like she ended up speaking to Hillary Swank, Jen Aniston (who I immediately lost any admiration for lol), she loves the fact Lindsay Lohan blocked her, who am I missing. She's a clout chaser

Reactions: 8
She is desperate to reach out to Taylor.
She has gained success in the past with trying to talk to celebs, like she ended up speaking to Hillary Swank, Jen Aniston (who I immediately lost any admiration for lol), she loves the fact Lindsay Lohan blocked her, who am I missing. She's a clout chaser
Diane Keaton. 🙄

Reactions: 2
Every expectant mother should have a say in how their pregnancy goes, and Rachel is no different. That said, apparently she said in her latest that statistically home births are safer than hospital births, and that is false. It’s not that home birth isn’t safe, but there isn’t enough evidence to support such a bold comment and home births do have a higher mortality rate and neurological issues, which isn’t meant to fear monger, but that is case. In those cases perhaps there were extenuating circumstances or poor planning I don’t know, and that is so sad, but to claim fact that home birth is statistically safer? I feel like she does not research at all. She takes whatever doc she is currently into and everything they say at face value. It’s irresponsible. I am inspired by those who give birth and at home too is a beautiful thing, but preparation and knowledge are key, and Rachel seems to play fast and loose with the latter.

Reactions: 6
Every expectant mother should have a say in how their pregnancy goes, and Rachel is no different. That said, apparently she said in her latest that statistically home births are safer than hospital births, and that is false. It’s not that home birth isn’t safe, but there isn’t enough evidence to support such a bold comment and home births do have a higher mortality rate and neurological issues, which isn’t meant to fear monger, but that is case. In those cases perhaps there were extenuating circumstances or poor planning I don’t know, and that is so sad, but to claim fact that home birth is statistically safer? I feel like she does not research at all. She takes whatever doc she is currently into and everything they say at face value. It’s irresponsible. I am inspired by those who give birth and at home too is a beautiful thing, but preparation and knowledge are key, and Rachel seems to play fast and loose with the latter.
I fully agree. I don't have kids myself but hope to soon, and should I be fortunate enough to get pregnant and have a low-risk pregnancy, I will strongly consider a home birth. I'm very much not anti-home birth (nor am I anti-hospital birth!), but Rachel is not someone that pregnant people should be idolizing. (I know I'm preaching to the choir here...) Home birth does not mean "I just wing it and listen to my ancestral intuition as my guru 6-year-old guides me though birth in the woods squatting in a pile of onion skins" like Rachel makes it seem. Home birth, and hospital birth, would ideally be a fully informed, evidence-based experience with professional practitioners. It absolutely is not a shunning of modern medicine (or, at least, it doesn't have to be).

What's extra infuriating about Rachel's approach is that, just as Tatt1424 says, she's playing fast and loose with preparation and knowledge, but she has the wealth to opt into all of the benefits that modern medicine can provide whenever she pleases. So she can completely shirk all medical support (and by the way, midwifery is as ancient as a practice as they come) and still have a positive outcome. Of course that's good, and I hope she and her baby come through pregnancy and birth in complete health, mental and physical. But it's infuriating that she will become an idol for such irresponsible practices when she has the privilege to dodge any of the consequences of her irresponsibility, and make it seem as if it was the "universe" all along.

Reactions: 5
Rachel strikes me as someone that's fundamentally ignorant. She has all the time, money, resources to educate herself on the many topics she latches on to, like home births this time around. But she chooses not to. We've seen her do this with basically everything. Even yoga. She took her training course to say she had it but I never saw her attend othee Yogi's practices or trainings. Same for gardening. Same for vaccines. Same for everything. It's sad to see, especially since her platform is still massive and she's spreading misinformation.

Reactions: 7
Ughh I hate people interpretting statistics incorrectly and especially causality vs correlation. People often claim for example births at home are safer because.. they are are home. But all the women that had medical issues prior to or during birth were very likely rushed to the hospital and already had a higher risk of complications thus this will show up in statistics as a higher mortality amongst hospital birth. (Correlation) because if you look at statistics from countries where people are not at all going to a hospital for birth cuz there simply isnt the option-things look very different.

Attachments

Her whiny, fake sad voice complaining that her "brand new snow pants from last year" (so not brand new then, Rachel, duh) don't fit... Like. Woman. You're pregnant. Whyyyy is this worth a story? Is she trying to get sent free snow pants?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.