Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so confused by her. It's like she woke up and decided to be a completely different person. She had a wonderful life in Aruba before! Why is she doing this??

It's okay to change what we want, of course, but to force those expectations on your loved ones is so bizarre. Has she ever stopped to consider that everyone else around her might have their own "truth" as well–that the world doesn't revolve around her?

Also, total aside, but I saw her post something in her comments about how "this baby wanted me to make the vegan announcement so I could nourish him." Like WHAT?? You're blaming your recent controversy on YOUR UNBORN BABY????
She has already started the guru-faction of this new child. Like let the kid grow some before you start labeling them with Gemini this and introvert that lol. She can’t take accountability for anything. Everything is a sign. It’s hilarious too that she is suddenly perfectly healthy when it comes to home births, but work, naw she still has that pesky burnout. Visiting Aruba, nope that damn mould cleanse.

And while I respect those who try home birth, this “wild” pregnancy fad is spitting in the face of all the mothers who don’t have access to medical care or in underdeveloped countries or in countries where they have to pay an arm and a leg. I do think pregnancy should focus on mom and baby, but she lives in freaking Sweden. One of the top countries for prenatal and postnatal care. The amount of dangerous misinformation and just plain stupidity this woman proudly shows is baffling. If I lived in Sweden and was expecting you bet your ass I would take advantage of the healthcare they offer. It’s so gross how she just flaunts her privilege and carelessly preaches it to her followers. How many “wild” pregnancies will she inspire?

Reactions: 9
I think the holy egg told her to eat animal products again? Now the holy fetus told her? And haven't we figure out that she wasn't vegan anymore long before her announcement? But at that time she was not pregnant if she is now for 12 weeks.
She should take notes of her stories/lies She gets confused too.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think the holy egg told her to eat animal products again? Now the holy fetus told her? And haven't we figure out that she wasn't vegan anymore long before her announcement? But at that time she was not pregnant if she is now for 12 weeks.
She should take notes of her stories/lies She gets confused too.
The holy egg!!! I cackled.

I'm sure she can make it work, with some tweaking. The holy egg told her to ditch veganism, the holy fetus told her to go public with her decision so she could openly nourish it with delicious steak. Such an honest agglutination of cells.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Of courseeeee she filmed telling lea that she was pregnant. There’s no such thing as a private family moment in the Brathen family when it can be made into a cute reel 💸💸💸💸 gotta pay for their 9 properties somehow and since mummy and daddy don’t have any talent it’s down to lea to bring the views in

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No she didn't?! 🙈
That is disgusting! One day when Lea understands what her mother did to her, I'm pretty sure it will not end well for Rachel.

Reactions: 1
Not only did she film it, but now she also put it on stories in such a way that if you want to skip her story, you accidentally click the reel and so she gets more views. Sigh.

Lea looked genuinely overjoyed by the news, which really tells me she's been super lonely in Sweden.

Reactions: 4
For me I don’t mind filming that, since the camera was setup in a way that it wasn’t in her face or obvious. I see lots of videos like that, BUT what sucks is everything else to me. Lea kissing her belly, or if Lea says something sweet or they have a sweet moment, Rachel has to get the iPhone and share on her stories while still sitting with Lea. For someone who preaches that she’s ALWAYS present with Lea—she’s been saying since Lea was born that when she’s with Lea she wants to be 100% present and no work or phone, blah blah blah—it’s total bullshit. All Lea knows is performing—or re-telling for the camera. She’s going to grow up thinking “oh this is a special moment, we have to film it!” That’s so sad to me.

Side note: when do we think the big rebrand will happen? It’s become painstakingly clear she’s over yoga. And I wonder if she ever actually grasped yoga. I remember a long time ago her talking about breastfeeding and how that can be yoga. Like wtf? That’s not yoga cause you say it is. That’s being present sure, taking deep breaths and feeling the moment, but she just seems to take any activity, incorporate deep breathing and mindfulness, and call it yoga for the sake of her brand. It’s disrespectful. Can she just change her name to Garden Gal or some tit and be done with this faux-ga (wordplay 😁) nonsense?

Reactions: 7
So we got a main house yellow, a big red “guest house”, a carpenters workshop/barn?, an old home with an old barn, and a boat house! Plus new Reno’s to the floors and interior designed paint colors. Mansion in Aruba, regular home in Aruba, Poor little rich girl! These shoestring budgets. Remember when “she didn’t do ads? They were beneath her” now she’s soaking up all that ad money for all they are worth in the podcast and on Instagram. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I look at Jonna Jinton, she has 1.2 million followers and only does ads for her jewelry making business. She has her art, YouTube etc. but she doesn’t hawk constant different random ads like Rachel does. Again I reflect how Rachel is truly just a talentless influencer just raking it in indiscriminately. She has no purpose but ad shilling.

Attachments

So we got a main house yellow, a big red “guest house”, a carpenters workshop/barn?, an old home with an old barn, and a boat house! Plus new Reno’s to the floors and interior designed paint colors. Mansion in Aruba, regular home in Aruba, Poor little rich girl! These shoestring budgets. Remember when “she didn’t do ads? They were beneath her” now she’s soaking up all that ad money for all they are worth in the podcast and on Instagram. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I look at Jonna Jinton, she has 1.2 million followers and only does ads for her jewelry making business. She has her art, YouTube etc. but she doesn’t hawk constant different random ads like Rachel does. Again I reflect how Rachel is truly just a talentless influencer just raking it in indiscriminately. She has no purpose but ad shilling.
100% Shilling and bragging. That's all she does these days. Nothing about her feels authentic or inspirational.

Poor Ringo has gotten quite fat since leaving Aruba. I am guessing since he hates the cold so much he doesn’t get enough exercise. Also, loled at Rachel in this video saying “Ringo, where is your coat? What an awful mother you have”. You said it, Rach!
Wow. Poor Ringo. That's almost animal abuse.

One of her more off-putting podcasts of late was her bitching about everything, especially Instagram. Referring to content from other influencers who share tips as “dumb” and then laughing about it. That’s when I realized she had allowed her “cancellation” to turn her into this bitter mess.

She offers NOTHING. No service to others. No work. No inspiration. No tips. Not even a product beyond her website, which she hates. It’s just her and all the stuff she can now buy. She was “cancelled” and that made her an angry and resentful person with no respect for anyone, even if they support her. Her IG would have little to no following if it was simply her current content. People still clinging to her either are fooling themselves or just as clueless and just want an influencer to idolize.

Sad.

• Heart
One of her more off-putting podcasts of late was her bitching about everything, especially Instagram. Referring to content from other influencers who share tips as “dumb” and then laughing about it. That’s when I realized she had allowed her “cancellation” to turn her into this bitter mess.

She offers NOTHING. No service to others. No work. No inspiration. No tips. Not even a product beyond her website, which she hates. It’s just her and all the stuff she can now buy. She was “cancelled” and that made her an angry and resentful person with no respect for anyone, even if they support her. Her IG would have little to no following if it was simply her current content. People still clinging to her either are fooling themselves or just as clueless and just want an influencer to idolize.

Sad.
I wonder which podcast did she say this? She’s literally describing herself lol. She shared her tip on SCRAMBLED EGGS today. God Rachel how would anyone have ever known how to make this dish. So complicated. She must think she’s Gordon Ramsay. Next up will be how to make toast tutorial. Thinking back to her vegan reveal podcast I remember when she said she had to call her friend and ask how to “do this” how to boil an egg, and then she cried when she ate it. Soooo dramatic. 1. She acts as if she has never had an egg in her life, and apparently google doesn’t have her boiling egg answer.
If I called my friend and asked how to boil an egg, I’m sure they would think I was nutty as a fruit cake.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wonder which podcast did she say this? She’s literally describing herself lol. She shared her tip on SCRAMBLED EGGS today. God Rachel how would anyone have ever known how to make this dish. So complicated. She must think she’s Gordon Ramsay. Next up will be how to make toast tutorial. Thinking back to her vegan reveal podcast I remember when she said she had to call her friend and ask how to “do this” how to boil an egg, and then she cried when she ate it. Soooo dramatic. 1. She acts as if she has never had an egg in her life, and apparently google doesn’t have her boiling egg answer.
If I called my friend and asked how to boil an egg, I’m sure they would think I was nutty as a fruit cake.
That's classic Rachel- going from "I haven't eaten an egg in 10 years, is this egg??" to "This is my ancestral and honestly genius method of making scrambled eggs that will blow your mind and align your chakras because I am now an authority figure on this" within like 2 weeks.

• Heart
That's classic Rachel- going from "I haven't eaten an egg in 10 years, is this egg??" to "This is my ancestral and honestly genius method of making scrambled eggs that will blow your mind and align your chakras because I am now an authority figure on this" within like 2 weeks.
👆THIS for sure! I will look forward to her upcoming online course (that will cost me the equivalent of 1 months salary) on the origins of the egg, how to cook with the egg, make space on your alter for the egg, decorating the egg, what to do with the eggshell and how all this is actually yoga.

• Haha
Yes 😂, the “what is egg?” 😯 “ what do I do??” , and she does this often where she acts dumb about things, (I think someone on these threads mentioned once) like the time she struggled with identifying what a “duplex” was on her podcast one time , —you know those poor people house thingies I know nothing about!” —tell me you’re out of touch without telling me you’re out of touch. 🥴

Dennis might have been crying on the flight again. He posted an IG story leaving Aruba in the air with a song about being just an island boy

Reactions: 3
I am very late to the game in this comment, but how cringe was her pregnancy reveal on Instagram?? It just seemed so choreographed to me and poor Leah was so awkward in it. This is how I imagine the planning conversation for that reveal going: Rachel: ‘ok, so I am going to have my back to the camera and my hair will be wet so it looks darker than normal and people will be unsure of whether it is me. I will be holding Lea on my hip in part to cover up my butt crack. Lea, have your head on my shoulder. As I slowly turn around, Lea, slowly pick your head off my shoulder and look at me and smile. Then, I will look back at you, smile, and embrace you. After that, I will cradle my belly, look up at the sun for a bit, and then walk towards the camera with a super smug smile on my face as we walk out of the shot.’ Poor Lea forgets to ask Rachel what to do with her arm around Rachel’s belly so it is just loosely on top of Rachel’s belly with the hand in a weird open claw position. I can’t imagine it is good for a child to be made to perform like this for the ‘gram and capture a staged moment to put out to the world. Anyways, the whole thing just made me cringe.

A couple of other points on her pregnancy:

1) That looks like at least a 4-months pregnant belly to me, if not more??

2) She says they don’t know the sex of the baby, but would she really be calling the baby he/him, if she didn’t know? I think she may have found out in the ultrasound. That will be quite a disappointment for Lea if they are calling the baby he/him and it turns out to be a girl.

3) The ‘wild’ pregnancy thing. Yikes. If someone makes a choice to do that, fine, but she is going to romanticize that and put it out there as the preferred way to do things when she likely knows very little about it or has thought very deeply about it. Oh, and as others have pointed it out, she jumps off the ‘wild’ pregnancy thing pretty quickly to get an ultrasound. I don’t blame her for that. It’s just another thing for her to be hypocritical about when it suits her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I am very late to the game in this comment, but how cringe was her pregnancy reveal on Instagram?? It just seemed so choreographed to me and poor Leah was so awkward in it.
1) That looks like at least a 4-months pregnant belly to me, if not more??
She has been pretty covered up recently. And wearing baggy clothes (major change from the early days). And I was thinking she had put on weight (fine).

Then when I saw the video my first thought was “Wow! She has put on a lot of weight, especially at the belly. But she looks happy”. And thought we would get loads of body positive messages, she was finally embracing a normal body.

But no- that would be a little too authentic.

Maybe she will be like one of those reality TV stars that puts on loads of weight then loses it and sells a fitness DVD to get back into shape?

Reactions: 1
I am very late to the game in this comment, but how cringe was her pregnancy reveal on Instagram?? It just seemed so choreographed to me and poor Leah was so awkward in it. This is how I imagine the planning conversation for that reveal going:
She is the definition of cheese.
Her persona is so obvious it's boring.
Film me slowly looking at the sunset. Bork! If she enjoys a moment without taking a photo of it, did she even enjoy it.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.