Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God, she's one more influencer falling for the beige, muted trend for baby stuff. It's giving victorian orphanage
Yes, not a fan of her decor in this house. I liked that old blue couch they brought in for Lea’s bday party. Throw some color in there already.

Also, what is with that fur tassel (is that what that is?) chandelier? Seems like if one were as concerned about air quality as she says she is, this wouldn’t be the choice. Why would you have this is any room, much less a baby’s room? Wouldn’t that trap a ton of dust which would be hard to clean? Also looks like a fire hazard to me. So I guess air quality is “beyond important” unless something is super-cute, then to hell with it. 🙄

Reactions: 3
Yes, not a fan of her decor in this house. I liked that old blue couch they brought in for Lea’s bday party. Throw some color in there already.

Also, what is with that fur tassel (is that what that is?) chandelier? Seems like if one were as concerned about air quality as she says she is, this wouldn’t be the choice. Why would you have this is any room, much less a baby’s room? Wouldn’t that trap a ton of dust which would be hard to clean? Also looks like a fire hazard to me. So I guess air quality is “beyond important” unless something is super-cute, then to hell with it. 🙄
She got mad cause someone pointed out it's a strangulation hazard.

• Haha
She got mad cause someone pointed out it's a strangulation hazard.
Yes, was that the canopy thing over the crib that was a strangulation hazard?

I don’t know why she has to continue pointing out and ranting about criticism on her posts. That’s part of the deal of becoming an influencer and putting your life out there? Just scroll past and move on unless it’s really nasty, then I guess you can block people. It just screams insecurity and narcissism to me. She is interested in a monologue, not a dialogue.

Reactions: 5
Yes, was that the canopy thing over the crib that was a strangulation hazard?

I don’t know why she has to continue pointing out and ranting about criticism on her posts. That’s part of the deal of becoming an influencer and putting your life out there? Just scroll past and move on unless it’s really nasty, then I guess you can block people. It just screams insecurity and narcissism to me. She is interested in a monologue, not a dialogue.
I think so. I honestly didn't read through properly. The second she starts going off all high and mighty I check out.

Exactly. If she doesn't want any external input on her choices and decisions, then stop sharing said choices and decisions with the entire internet.

Reactions: 2
God, she's one more influencer falling for the beige, muted trend for baby stuff. It's giving victorian orphanage
Her entire house is now carefully curated to appeal to the Swedish aesthetic. She has zero style of her own. At least in Aruba there was more personality and less bland. She’s a chameleon in that respect, I get people evolve but she changes her personality and style to suit whatever narrative she’s spouting at the time. Ancestral Swedish is her current vibe

Reactions: 4

I can’t stop thinking about that tasseled lampshade. Her next story was the air purifier and her saying she has asthma and seasonal allergies and she gets a thick, tasseled lampshade which would gather dust like there is no tomorrow!!

Seriously, how dense is she!

I met her in London , she lead a large class but wouldn't allow any photos .

And she's back with 15+ stories on home births and the evil doctors and hospitals. I don't doubt that many people have had bad experiences but she is always so black and white. Incapable of nuance.

Reactions: 6
And she's back with 15+ stories on home births and the evil doctors and hospitals. I don't doubt that many people have had bad experiences but she is always so black and white. Incapable of nuance.
It's so, so gross!
She can never simply have a thought or opinion about something and let that be that. She has to have an opinion and shout it from the rooftops, beat us over the head about it, and demonize and villainize anyone who doesn't feel exactly the way she does.

She's been complaining for nearly a year now that she has 'unprocessed trauma' around Lea's birth. For someone who claims to be in weekly therapy and who centers every moment of her daily life around constantly 'doing the work' of self-care, it says SO MUCH to me about the efficacy of all of her practices and therapy and 'self-care' that she doesn't seem to have any made ANY progress around this birth trauma of hers.

I suspect that's a combination of factors, including the fact that she's NOT actually in weekly therapy and the fact that she gets more attention and social media interaction by complaining and harping on this issue. Actually healing the trauma and wound around Lea's birth would mean she wouldn't be able to generate all the clicks and messages and at least 5-6 podcasts now around the topic. And we all know Rakel is nothing if not addicted to attention.

This also just reinforces to me that this woman has WAY TOO MUCH time on her hands. She has nothing stimulating or of substance going on in her life, so she sits down and combs through her past seemingly LOOKING for things to turn into trauma.
How many years did she talk about how beautiful her birth was, how grateful for the experience, the people who helped support her, etc. And now all of a sudden it's just about the most traumatic thing she's ever been through, EVER! So much so that it's basically become her entire personality now. We went from ancestral plant queen to qanon, birth trauma mama and I can't help but wonder what's next...

Also - show me ANY doctor that has ever said 'psychological birth doesn't work' as Rachel claims to have been told. I get having skepticism about the medical industrial complex, especially in the United States (a system Rachel has never personally experienced or been a part of), but to now go to outright claiming ALL doctors don't wanna doctor because they're just out to kill babies and mothers is downright bleeping absurd and dangerous to perpetuate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
It's so, so gross!
She can never simply have a thought or opinion about something and let that be that. She has to have an opinion and shout it from the rooftops, beat us over the head about it, and demonize and villainize anyone who doesn't feel exactly the way she does.
She's been complaining for nearly a year now that she has 'unprocessed trauma' around Lea's birth. For someone who claims to be in weekly therapy and who centers every moment of her daily life around constantly 'doing the work' of self-care, it says SO MUCH to me about the efficacy of all of her practices and therapy and 'self-care' that she doesn't seem to have any made ANY progress around this birth trauma of hers.
I suspect that's a combination of factors, including the fact that she's NOT actually in weekly therapy and the fact that she gets more attention and social media interaction by complaining and harping on this issue. Actually healing the trauma and wound around Lea's birth would mean she wouldn't be able to generate all the clicks and messages and at least 5-6 podcasts now around the topic. And we all know Rakel is nothing if not addicted to attention.
She's also a liar, let's remember that. For years she said Lea's birth was magical and while she did end up going to hospital because she'd been in labor for many many hours, it was a fast delivery once there and they left the same day or the next. Now it's a "trauma".

I was watching Daisy Jones and the Six (really recommend it, btw) and there's this character that's really resentful and always feels slighted, so another character tells him that he likes feeling slighted/or aggrieved, I forget the word used. Because otherwise he'd actually have to hold himself to a higher standard instead of blaming everyone else for the things that he doesn't get. And I thought of Rachel. She likes feeling attacked, aggrieved, slighted, traumatized. She'll never actually heal because she derives attention, and heck even money, from all these crusades of hers.

She's also a liar, let's remember that. For years she said Lea's birth was magical and while she did end up going to hospital because she'd been in labor for many many hours, it was a fast delivery once there and they left the same day or the next. Now it's a "trauma".

I was watching Daisy Jones and the Six (really recommend it, btw) and there's this character that's really resentful and always feels slighted, so another character tells him that he likes feeling slighted/or aggrieved, I forget the word used. Because otherwise he'd actually have to hold himself to a higher standard instead of blaming everyone else for the things that he doesn't get. And I thought of Rachel. She likes feeling attacked, aggrieved, slighted, traumatized. She'll never actually heal because she derives attention, and heck even money, from all these crusades of hers.
Hahaha, yes! I edited my comment to point out exactly what you said here!

PRECISELY! Haven't seen that show, but sounds like they are spot-on about how people like Rakel operate.

Reactions: 2
It's so, so gross!

This also just reinforces to me that this woman has WAY TOO MUCH time on her hands. She has nothing stimulating or of substance going on in her life, so she sits down and combs through her past seemingly LOOKING for things to turn into trauma.
How many years did she talk about how beautiful her birth was, how grateful for the experience, the people who helped support her, etc. And now all of a sudden it's just about the most traumatic thing she's ever been through, EVER! So much so that it's basically become her entire personality now. We went from ancestral plant queen to qanon, birth trauma mama and I can't help but wonder what's next...

Also - show me ANY doctor that has ever said 'psychological birth doesn't work' as Rachel claims to have been told. I get having skepticism about the medical industrial complex, especially in the United States (a system Rachel has never personally experienced or been a part of), but to now go to outright claiming ALL doctors don't wanna doctor because they're just out to kill babies and mothers is downright bleeping absurd and dangerous to perpetuate.
I was just think that. Way too much time on her hands.
And now she wants to gather negative birthing scenarios. Compared it to the “me too” yoga thing she done years ago.
You cannot compare. People give birth hundreds of thousands of times everyday. It’s not a perfect art. But compared to our ancestors there is a lot less birthing complications, mothers and babies dying at birth and people (in Europe anyway) happy to have a health system & get maternity pay.
But she is ‘giving an opinion’ and trying to create controversy- again!
Yeah sure there are bound to be many people with terrible birthing experiences, but that’s just not the norm.
I must listen again to her (first?) podcast where birth was all so magical.
I just find her content so boring. And the ‘ask Rachel’ on the podcast is so clearly selected by someone before the podcast to fit her agenda.
She comes across as so materialistic. Yeah I know nesting is a common thing (prob getting loads of cash from the maternity pay she is/will be racking up). But all she seems to do is boast about all her new things. But I guess that’s all she has going on in her life. Thank god there is still snow, not looking forward to all the bloody planting/harvesting/plant friend thing again.
I really wish I had time to sit around and curate my perfect houses, overthink every little thing, watch all the TV she posts about, read all the books she boasts about, go on long Forrest walks & hug trees, make a massive drama out of tiny things, create new areas of trauma I just realized, have bubble baths & saunas when I like, cook everything from scratch, take photos and videos of it etc.
She is so out of touch with realty.
I remember her banging on about ‘being of service’ a lot. She should actually take her own advice. Support an existing cause, use her influence to make a real difference. Stick with something.

I remember her banging on about ‘being of service’ a lot. She should actually take her own advice. Support an existing cause, use her influence to make a real difference. Stick with something.
Problem is, it's Rachel. She believes she's currently being of service "unmasking" the evil, evil medical system and helping women everywhere give birth at home. After reading a couple of studies with the reading comprehension of a third grader, because that's the level at which she seems to operate.

She causes more harm than good, even when her intention is to do good.

I can't stand to listen to the podcast nor read the transcript but this is the screenshot of the summary for her first ever podcast, with the birth story from Lea's birth.

She was in labor for 18 hours. She's an idiot if she thinks she could have kept going without medical assistance and without damage to herself or to Lea.

And the most telling thing of all: "even when things don't happen the way you've planned... Life tends to play out exactly the way it's supposed to."

It sure doesn't sound like she was absolutely traumatized or like she went through hell id it turned out the way it was supposed to...

The people who still believe her stories must have the memory of a fruit fly.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
I can't stand to listen to the podcast nor read the transcript but this is the screenshot of the summary for her first ever podcast, with the birth story from Lea's birth.

She was in labor for 18 hours. She's an idiot if she thinks she could have kept going without medical assistance and without damage to herself or to Lea.

And the most telling thing of all: "even when things don't happen the way you've planned... Life tends to play out exactly the way it's supposed to."

It sure doesn't sound like she was absolutely traumatized or like she went through hell id it turned out the way it was supposed to...

The people who still believe her stories must have the memory of a fruit fly.
For sure! Think she should apply the art of letting go which is another thing she has talked about. And serendipity is something she loves to bleet on about.

I see there are so many thing to do on the farm, Dennis is taking down a fence. She is taking a bath 🤣

And thousands of positive stories she probably also received? Well they just don’t fit her narrative. I was told I had to have my second in hospital instead of the birth centre due to being induced as I developed a thyroid condition. It wasn’t what I want and it was traumatic in the sense she had to be resuscitated. BUT without the fantastic staff she wouldn’t be here so I’m eternally grateful. 18 months later I still view the birth as an experience with a happy ending, I’m not suddenly going to start bleating on about trauma to support a ridiculous new view. Stupid ignorant woman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.