Yankee in the South #2 Do you see that, Dawn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the Ozarks were the Redneck Riviera or the Floribama Shore.
Branson is the Redneck Vegas.
Growing up in the South we always referred to Panama City Beach FL as the Redneck Riviera. The snooty people went to Destin instead. Also ofen hear Nashville as Nashvegas or Ca$hville. I don't really get that one beccause there's no gambling, but I guess it's because Broadway in downtown Nashville has so many neon signs like Vegas. I always referred to Tunica Mississippi as the Redneck Vegas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I grew up in the Virginia section of Appalachia. Redneck Riviera was definitely Myrtle Beach.

Classy people went to either Hilton Head or the Outer Banks.

Reactions: 2
Watching some old vlogs and noticed just 2 to 3 years ago they were much more enthusiastic in their vlogs. They gave honest reviews without quantify their opinions. Seems they are both over the repetitive nature of covering a very specific and over satured area.

Reactions: 2
LMFAO...

Will finds a new way to mispronounce Johnny Carinos....in their newest vlog they go to a restaurant next door and he calls it Johnny Carleenos.

Silly me, I didn't realize the vlog was uploaded on 1/13/21.

Ooopsie

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Watching some old vlogs and noticed just 2 to 3 years ago they were much more enthusiastic in their vlogs. They gave honest reviews without quantify their opinions. Seems they are both over the repetitive nature of covering a very specific and over satured area.
A major problem with their food reviews is their baseline always starts way below average. Baseline walking in should be average and then you go either up or down from there in your review. But they go in to every establishment starting way below 0 and expecting the worse, and then on top of that they proceed to nitpick it to death. That's why everything to them that is actually good, they instead define as "actually not too bad". It's so annoying! Also, come up with some better adjectives and descriptions of what your tasting instead of just "its got a lotta flavor." What kind of flavor does it have? What exactly do you like or dislike about the taste? The finales where he asks Dawn if she would eat there again is rather pointless because their review scale itself is flawed and she will also just say what she thinks he wants to hear. How about coming up with a 1-10 scale or an easier lettered school grade scale like A+ down to F?

The area does have a lot of reviewers, but I wouldn't say it's saturated yet. YITS claims they've reviewed every resturant in the area, but that's far from the truth. I can name tons of restaurants that they haven't reviewed or even ever mentioned yet. The truth is he refuses to go to most places unless he has a free giftcard. If he is actually paying, the cheapskate makes both of them order the cheapest crap on the menu....thus resulting in a poor review.

I would like to see them expand their narrow food horizons and try other global cuisines that they fear such as Indian, Thai, Japanese, Greek, etc... I enjoyed the Mexican tamale restaurant review because it was a welcomed change from all the usual Tennessee fried corndogs, pancakes, and BBQ. It was fun to see Dawn try and like the birria tacos with consume'. Hopefully Will can actually try a tamale next time instead of playing it safe with a sandwich.

Last edited:
I just find it hilarious that someone so basic as Will has the gall to nitpick that the design and interior of every restaurant is basic and he always sounds so perturbed when he brings it up. It's a restaurant, it doesn't need to be a Frank Lloyd Wright architecture marvel.

Reactions: 5
I just find it hilarious that someone so basic as Will has the gall to nitpick that the design and interior of every restaurant is basic and he always sounds so perturbed when he brings it up. It's a restaurant, it doesn't need to be a Frank Lloyd Wright architecture marvel.
When he says basic or hole in the wall, in his simple mind it just means the restaurant doesn't have metal Route 66 signs, moonshine stills, and antique tricycles with that "flair" hanging all over the walls like a Cracker Barrel.

• Haha
LMFAO...

Will finds a new way to mispronounce Johnny Carinos....in their newest vlog they go to a restaurant next door and he calls it Johnny Carleenos.

Silly me, I didn't realize the vlog was uploaded on 1/13/21.

Ooopsie
Oh my goodness! I saw that last night and downloaded it for editing!!!!! What a coincidence!

Reactions: 6
You know what his reviews need? More reviews of burgers, club sandwiches, nachos and salads.

That last burger and grilled cheese at the soda fountain/antique store looked awful and expensive for what they got. I get that he has a romance for a past that never existed and he didn't live through but, acknowledge how visually unappealing the food is.

A major problem with their food reviews is their baseline always starts way below average. Baseline walking in should be average and then you go either up or down from there in your review. But they go in to every establishment starting way below 0 and expecting the worse, and then on top of that they proceed to nitpick it to death. That's why everything to them that is actually good, they instead define as "actually not too bad". It's so annoying! Also, come up with some better adjectives and descriptions of what your tasting instead of just "its got a lotta flavor." What kind of flavor does it have? What exactly do you like or dislike about the taste? The finales where he asks Dawn if she would eat there again is rather pointless because their review scale itself is flawed and she will also just say what she thinks he wants to hear. How about coming up with a 1-10 scale or an easier lettered school grade scale like A+ down to F?

The area does have a lot of reviewers, but I wouldn't say it's saturated yet. YITS claims they've reviewed every resturant in the area, but that's far from the truth. I can name tons of restaurants that they haven't reviewed or even ever mentioned yet. The truth is he refuses to go to most places unless he has a free giftcard. If he is actually paying, the cheapskate makes both of them order the cheapest crap on the menu....thus resulting in a poor review.

I would like to see them expand their narrow food horizons and try other global cuisines that they fear such as Indian, Thai, Japanese, Greek, etc... I enjoyed the Mexican tamale restaurant review because it was a welcomed change from all the usual Tennessee fried corndogs, pancakes, and BBQ. It was fun to see Dawn try and like the birria tacos with consume'. Hopefully Will can actually try a tamale next time instead of playing it safe with a sandwich.
These are all great suggestions for the majority of YouTubers. But when you are dealing with a dim-witted, egotistical, know-it-all, domineering grifter and a beat down comatose spouse none of the suggestions can be comprehended, let alone followed. "It's got a lot of flavor" and "It wasn't piping hot" is about all they are capable of.

Let him continue on reading the menu. In fact, I wish he would be forced to read the ENTIRE menu and not skip the dishes that he has no idea how to pronounce. FRE would have enough content to last years.

• Haha
You know what his reviews need? More reviews of burgers, club sandwiches, nachos and salads.

That last burger and grilled cheese at the soda fountain/antique store looked awful and expensive for what they got. I get that he has a romance for a past that never existed and he didn't live through but, acknowledge how visually unappealing the food is.
That drug store untoasted burger, flat grilled cheese, and bags of plain Lay's looked pitiful. But somehow they seemed to like that more than Burger Master even with it's seasoned fry? Unbelievable

Last edited:
  • Haha

But as a manager, at 19, he surely understands how sampling and quality review works.😁 He could easily come up with a gimmick for a rating scale. 1 to 5 Dawn's smiling face to sour face would be funny and add the graphics for it. But ideals never translate into actions for Willy.

• Haha
Tried watching another video of theirs. Just grates me how much Will loves the sound of his own voice and acts like such a know-it-all. Ugh, and he has the face for radio, not tv.

But as a manager, at 19, he surely understands how sampling and quality review works.😁 He could easily come up with a gimmick for a rating scale. 1 to 5 Dawn's smiling face to sour face would be funny and add the graphics for it. But ideals never translate into actions for Willy.
omg a food rating scale based solely on Dawn faces would be fantastic. Please do it FRE!
Yuckypoo!!
Yeeeeeik!
Ewe!
Confused?
Dumbfounded?
Basic.
Meh! Not bad.
Not too bad.
Not bad at all.
SUPERB! This tit gotta lotta flavor it's knocking my floppy hat off!

Last edited:
  • Haha
That drug store untoasted burger, flat grilled cheese, and bags of plain Lay's looked pitiful. But somehow they seemed to like that more than Burger Master even with it's seasoned fry? Unbelievable
As he wanders the town he points out the most mundane and boring things. Oh look, a painting of a sleeping kitty on the wall! Look at the santa on the window!
I liked the history part of it. But OMG he truly can make anything boring. And the long pauses in each sentence, it's like he runs out of breath just trying to get through a sentence or pause to collect his thoughts mid-sentence.
Also love how he is looking around the town of Dandridge, TN and is commenting on how old the town is (1783) then proceeds to point out some old buildings and say how old they look and how you can tell they date back to 1783. No, the old buildings he is talking about were built in early to mid 1800's. If you are going to be a travel channel GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT.

As he wanders the town he points out the most mundane and boring things. Oh look, a painting of a sleeping kitty on the wall! Look at the santa on the window!
I liked the history part of it. But OMG he truly can make anything boring. And the long pauses in each sentence, it's like he runs out of breath just trying to get through a sentence or pause to collect his thoughts mid-sentence.
Also love how he is looking around the town of Dandridge, TN and is commenting on how old the town is (1783) then proceeds to point out some old buildings and say how old they look and how you can tell they date back to 1783. No, the old buildings he is talking about were built in early to mid 1800's. If you are going to be a travel channel GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT.
He just trys to copy ATW and JTC by pointing at "interesting" or historical things. The difference is that they do their homework and know about the towns. Will The Woo doesn't know tit or research anything beforehand. So he's left just reading us the historical signs and menus word for word. Nobody wants a tourguide who doesn't know anything and just bullshits his way through the cruise.

Tried watching another video of theirs. Just grates me how much Will loves the sound of his own voice and acts like such a know-it-all. Ugh, and he has the face for radio, not tv.
Not only that but if you pay attention to how much he does that little fake laugh for no reason you will want to pull your hair out by the end of a full video

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.