Yankee in the South #2 Do you see that, Dawn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same …. I’ve been wondering that all along. I think someone in their Live Chat asked him if he’d given it to them yet..or something. And as usual , Will either started mumbling about something else or ignored it. Too bad all those Live Chats are missing. I think he likes them best because no editing. He can just sit there and ramble on and on and doesn’t really have anything else to do.
As much as he likes being in the spotlight, why wouldn’t he film himself handing that $2000 donation to the Smoky Mountain Parks people ?
He mentioned something about the donations going straight thru YT. Apparently they have a donation program that ensures 100% of the monies go to the organization. I guess YT gets the tax benefits instead of the willionaire.

Reactions: 5
He mentioned something about the donations going straight thru YT. Apparently they have a donation program that ensures 100% of the monies go to the organization. I guess YT gets the tax benefits instead of the willionaire.
He lies so much I still wonder.

I've been watching Yankee for several years now, so glad are others who hate watch and see the same things.The amount of lies that I've heard over the years is truly crazy. I haven't been keeping up with him recently until I saw FRE videos in my feed. This thread jogged my memory on a lot of things and I learned a few new things as well. I will do my best to try and highlight some things that were skipped over.

-There was a saga where they collected donations for "the orphanage" on live streams. This started because Will claimed that they would go spend their Christmas at "the orphanage" but not film it because of the classic line he gives about how they don't film everything they do (lol). People started donating money for Will to give. As you all know he is very busy and could never make time to go. Eventually, enough people who donated got upset and he had to address the situation claiming that he was waiting till the summer to go and give them volleyball equipment because people forget about the kids after xmas season. It's very clear that he just pocketed the money. If he actually did something nice like that he would have filmed it and made a video or found a way to brag about it.
-Patreon until recently was $1 minimum, now bumped up to $5. People have complained for a long time about rarely getting postcards. The first reason for this is that he is too busy/ too lazy to send them. The second is that he loses money for each postcard he sends. Now that it is $5 he might break even for the cost of the card+postage.
-While his content is still terrible for a number of reasons, he has improved slightly over the years. He used to regularly include the same scene twice in a row in many videos. He became self-aware enough to refrain from saying "well" every other word. And the biggest of all is he stopped cutting off the end of the scene while he was still talking. When I have the stomach to watch some of his older stuff I will link some of the biggest offenses of him talking and the scene just fading out before he can finish his sentence. None of this would be a big deal if he didn't talk about how he spends countless hours editing as well as watching the videos up to 20 times before publishing them.
-I see ATW and Jake mentioned a lot, and while he has stolen a lot from the two, he doesn't seem to care for Jacob that much anymore. His idiol is still ATW and used to be Jacob as well, but it seems like he sees himself as equal or greater than Jake now. To do a collab with Carpetbagger would be punching down in his eyes. Will used to be more open to collaborations, but the Llama Trek filming experience for whatever reason gave him the idea that he should not allow any free rides for youtube fame. You would only team up with ATW, TTT, the camper guy (forget his name), or anyone else who is "established". You tolerate CATS and SMH because you can control them and they aren't a threat. Will also loves the alpha role he gets to play with them since he is a full time youtuber and they are just part time youtubers. CATS provides meals, vacation/lodging, as well as content since Chris has more of a personality than W&D (for the record I actually like CATS.) SMH used to be (maybe still is on some things) their hook up for Anakeesta/Dollywood/other local attractions. I know first hand that SMH doesn't hold down jobs for very long so he probably doesn't work somewhere that he can get pass exchanges for them anymore, hince why they haven't been back to Anakeesta and Dollywood.
-I don't agree with the doxxing of his home address, but have also been aware of his home address for a while. I am a local so I am familiar with the area. During livestreams he used to just lie and say they lived in Gatlinburg, but for a while he was saying that they lived next to Dollywood. He would say that he could see the fireworks, smell the train as it went by and say in streams that you could hear it in the background. This was all a lie, he just lives in the same city, not next door. While the lie is fairly innocent, it just goes to show you how willing he is to lie about anything, regardless of if it helps him or not. The constant audience censorship is to deflect blame/criticism and to protect his web of lies.
-Why are there never any second takes? I do believe he has some slight reading comprehension issues, as he has stated in the past, but some of the words he says there is no way he can think is correct. While he is waiting on the warm salad at a restaurant, why not google the pronunciation of some of the words? I know he would just grift and say they are just two hillbillies and that it makes their channel more authentic and feel sorry for us because we are just doing our best. But come on if this is your full-time job, can you not at least try and make it professional? He gives Dawn lines to rehearse, I don't understand why he can't ever do a second take. On some of the smaller slip ups, like Coke Ta Cola, Illinois, and even furmingos, I actually believe he says those things because when he hears someone pronounce it correctly, he assumes everyone in the world is wrong and he is right due to his holier than thou complex.
-I'll post some videos that I've found from other channels that highlight him when he is not filming. He always wants to be the star but it gets awkward since after talking about the applebarn vs the old mill, you run out of things to say. But most of his audience are low iq/ star struck/ want to be youtubers, he is able to hold court where all the attention is on him and he is the ultimate authority.
This post is getting long, so I will add more later. I could go on for days about useless YITS knowledge. I've got some good stories and yankee artifacts, but want to think about the best way to share since I know Will reads here. Don't want him knowing my hand on some things ;)
Wait, there are still orphanages around? Is his favorite kid to visit a fiery red head named Annie or a quiet hungry boy named Oliver? 🤣
If such a place exists, I assume they couldn't confirm a donation amount but if asked about donations being drummed up by a local YT...wonder if they would confirm or deny ever hearing of him?

As much as I despise Will and know for a fact he is a grifter and con artist, I don’t doubt the Friends of the Smokies contributions since it was set up directly through YouTube. Will’s hands don’t touch the money. However, ignoring questions about it does nothing but makes him LOOK suspicious which isn’t a good look.

Wait, there are still orphanages around? Is his favorite kid to visit a fiery red head named Annie or a quiet hungry boy named Oliver? 🤣
If such a place exists, I assume they couldn't confirm a donation amount but if asked about donations being drummed up by a local YT...wonder if they would confirm or deny ever hearing of him?
You would think he would get a letter from them thanking him that he would read and show on a livestream?

Did they ever do the memorial tree or bench for their dog? If I remember they received lots of donations to go to that cause.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Did they ever do the memorial tree or bench for their dog? If I remember they received lots of donations to go to that cause.
No, they would have filmed the crap out of that for sympathy views. Ugh, he really is a nasty human being sack of tit.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.