xameliax #3 Begs for gifts, settled for Chris, no dress to afford for her fake business award.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What on earth. It’s not even like it’s a video that needs much editing.. she’s so bloody lazy. The trip was over 2 months ago!

Reactions: 2
I refuse to watch her vlogs anymore but the title was enough for an eyeroll. "My week as a nail tech". Really? Where did she do the weeks' worth of work?!

Do you think Chris knows she’s using him for free rent so she can pretend to work everyday and beg for press trips?

Reactions: 1
Do you think Chris knows she’s using him for free rent so she can pretend to work everyday and beg for press trips?
Well, at least she gets her viewers to buy him Gousto dinners... But yes, I assume that he can see the quality and quantity of her 'output' as clearly as we can. There isn't really any ambiguity about the fact that she produces content slowly, inconsistently, and without any clear temporal order, and that she spends ample time on the couch. Maybe he doesn't mind. Or maybe he even appreciates her for being crafty, since she clearly has a talent for securing free booze, food, beauty items and trips without doing much of note in return.

Reactions: 3
Lately I have been thinking that maybe she is not as ok as she wants to look. I mean she has had problems with depression and maybe she still does, but does not want to admit it.
Why Im thinking this is that I have a friend behaving very similarly - she has problems at work because she is not doing much and even when she does things the quality is crap, but at the same time she herself fewls exhausted all the time. (in my friend'scase it is not a matter of lazyness, because she used to be a very reliable employee and her problems have developed recently). When I finally convinced her to see a professional, the doctor suggested depression and anxiety.
It actually could be that behind the camera Amelia is having problems and that is why her content has become such crap. Also it would explain why she is so negative and sees everything as an attack on her. And also why she feels the reason to give herself constant pep talks all the time.

Reactions: 5
Lately I have been thinking that maybe she is not as ok as she wants to look.
You may be right about this. It's always hard to tell via telediagnosis, of course, but the points you raise do look a little like she's struggling. Also, it would explain why she's so hyper happy when she's distracted by travel or friends, but so low once any event is over. Selfishness, too, is a side effect of feeling constantly down; it's hard to care about others when you feel truly unwell, and it's easy to exaggerate what others supposedly owe you and fail to do for you when your inner state makes you feel disadvantaged by life. I do hope she's well though. For her sake, I'd much prefer it if she were simply an entitled brat!

Reactions: 6
Lately I have been thinking that maybe she is not as ok as she wants to look. I mean she has had problems with depression and maybe she still does, but does not want to admit it.
Why Im thinking this is that I have a friend behaving very similarly - she has problems at work because she is not doing much and even when she does things the quality is crap, but at the same time she herself fewls exhausted all the time. (in my friend'scase it is not a matter of lazyness, because she used to be a very reliable employee and her problems have developed recently). When I finally convinced her to see a professional, the doctor suggested depression and anxiety.
It actually could be that behind the camera Amelia is having problems and that is why her content has become such crap. Also it would explain why she is so negative and sees everything as an attack on her. And also why she feels the reason to give herself constant pep talks all the time.
I agree. I've seen first hand how exceptionally hard it can be for people who have had and recovered from an episode of depression to admit they are struggling again, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was what was happening with Amelia now.

Again, I've personally seen someone who had absolutely crippling depression and anxiety go through the same varying emotions about their work that Amelia does about hers. One minute loving it, one minute seemingly hating it, not actually doing very much work, but genuinely believing they are so busy and doing LOADS so should be praised for it. It's exhausting and just breeds resentment for yourself, your work and your employers (or followers in Amelia's case).

I'm no expert obviously, just my thoughts!

I got the sense in the latest vlog that she was trying to convince herself she's genuinely busy. I think something is definitely amiss. She would really benefit from having a part time job on the side (not the nails).

Reactions: 4
I find it amazing how she had 10k views and 300 likes only 3 years ago and now her latest video is barely hitting 1k and 10-20 comments!!!

It's also an interesting video, she admits herself shes never had friends. I'm not rolling in mates myself but I can hold down relationships with the friends I do have, it does make you wonder why people flit in and out of her life...

Attachments

She’s so boring and repetitive. She’s basically a booze blogger and it’s so tacky. She screams functioning alcoholic

Reactions: 1
I find it amazing how she had 10k views and 300 likes only 3 years ago and now her latest video is barely hitting 1k and 10-20 comments!!!

It's also an interesting video, she admits herself shes never had friends. I'm not rolling in mates myself but I can hold down relationships with the friends I do have, it does make you wonder why people flit in and out of her life...

Look at how she treats her friends that have been featured on her vlogs - that's all you need to know to work out that she is her own problem. Even Lauren called her toxic and a commenter who knew her from school came on here and said what a nasty piece of work she was whilst there, belittling others for their weight, etc. I have no sympathy for her - she brings it on herself. It's her doing and her doing alone. Tough tit, quite frankly - she's had ample time to reflect on her behaviour and change but doesn't want to.

Treat others how you wish to be treated yourself. She treats people like something on her shoe so she reaps what she sows.

Reactions: 8
Lol at her ‘powering through the jet lag with a packed schedule’. As she posts a picture of her sitting in a dressing gown with a cup of tea. This girl wouldn’t know a packed schedule if it punched her in the face.

Reactions: 9
Amelia talks about how jet lagged she is when she walks to Asda and back!

Omg, did she?!
Pretty much, when questionned about why she wasn't friends with her any more. I think it was mentioned on here previously from what I recall.

Reactions: 4
I think Lauren's video had "toxic friends" in the title. I don't recall her referring to Amelia in this way explicitly, but she did state plainly that their friendship had ended and that sometimes people aren't suited for each other. To me it looks like Lauren and Amelia had a lot of similar struggles in terms of accepting themselves, getting over breakups etc. I imagine that may have been a problem for Amelia, because she seems high maintenance, and when your friends have their own problems, you can't expect that all that's going to happen in the friendship is them maintaining you. With Amelia, I think discussing struggles cannot really be a conversation, because she gets so defensive (if in real life she is anything like online) and just wants to be humoured in her whim of the day. I also imagine that some of the problems Lauren has been very upfront about may have hit a bit close to home with Amelia. However, if you want friends, you have to be friend, it can't be about you all the time or people will start seeing you as a drainer and disappear.

Only 12 comments on her latest vlog and she hasn't bothered to like or reply to any of them....nice interaction with your followers there Amelia!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.