Womanhood and injustices against women

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was going to post this in the ADHD thread but ironically I can't find it at the mo, so here it is. Hopefully more work will be done re: peri-/menopause, seeing as that's when ADHD traits going haywire seem to result in increased diagnosis.
As I get older, the less I mask and am so burnt out, it's not funny. But ask for help or some slack and you're the world's biggest wanker 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 14
There are scientists now who are developing therapeutics so that in the near future women will be able to choose when they go through menopause or not to at all, and I think that's a good thing. It's not a "rite of passage" or something to be normalised and accepted - it is a major organ failing which results in critical health issues for the rest of a woman's life. If it happened to men, something would have been done about it long ago. (Yes, late menopause or not having menopause could result in increased risk of reproductive cancers - but then so does using HRT, or using hormonal birth control, or not having children, or not breastfeeding ... it's about balance of risk and they take that into account when developing treatments)

Although that ties in with the total lack of research and funding into women's health on all fronts which includes neurodiversity

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Once again, in my job where I’m uniformed and performing an official duty, I get a man coming up to me saying ‘scuse me love’ asking for information then asking ‘are you sure, darling’. I normally ignore it because it’s not worth the aggro but this time I actually said nicely (I’m not a complete animal) ‘you wouldn’t call my male colleague ‘love or darling’, would you?’ Surprisingly, he apologised but I suspect it wasn’t genuine.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Slightly off topic but thought you might be interested. I watched a French film last night called Rodeo - all about a young woman who gets into riding motorbikes with a very alpha male gang who can’t accept her. It’s incredible and was so refreshing to see a (queer) female character portrayed so well. Made me reflect on how many crap female characters we have to endure in most Hollywood films. This felt really refreshing and quite powerful to watch

Reactions: 9
I was going to post this in the ADHD thread but ironically I can't find it at the mo, so here it is. Hopefully more work will be done re: peri-/menopause, seeing as that's when ADHD traits going haywire seem to result in increased diagnosis.
Thank you so much for this article. I did not understand why mine had got so much worse when my ‘depression’ was so much better. But the exhaustion was increasing and ruining my life. Brain fog made my job so tricky.
Finding out I am ND has made so much sense but I did wonder why it seemed to be getting worse this year - menopause, of course it is. Fucks up everything. It’s tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Went to buy tyres for my car yesterday. I have been going to this tyre place over 20 years, probably won't be going again. Myself and another woman were waiting our turn, and others were being seen to before us. The other woman went up to the boys, and told me to do the same, as we were being overlooked. I went up to get their attention, and they still went to a young chap who pulled up after me. Of course when I was leaving, they were all standing around smirking at me. I just felt really uncomfortable after leaving over 200 euros with them. I'm sure the owner would be annoyed that I felt that way, it was Saturday, and the owner wasn't about. His knobhead, cocky manager was running the show, unprofessionally.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
@Lico definitely raise it with the owner so he knows how people are being treated in his absence. If he doesn't care about your experience then you'll know not to give him any more of your custom. Wankers.

Reactions: 15
Went to buy tyres for my car yesterday. I have been going to this tyre place over 20 years, probably won't be going again. Myself and another woman were waiting our turn, and others were being seen to before us. The other woman went up to the boys, and told me to do the same, as we were being overlooked. I went up to get their attention, and they still went to a young chap who pulled up after me. Of course when I was leaving, they were all standing around smirking at me. I just felt really uncomfortable after leaving over 200 euros with them. I'm sure the owner would be annoyed that I felt that way, it was Saturday, and the owner wasn't about. His knobhead, cocky manager was running the show, unprofessionally.
There must be something about women - particularly young women I think - and cars that make a lot of men feel extremely insecure. Often when I’m parking (without problems) on a street, men passing by on the footpath or driving past on the road beside me will glance and smirk mockingly. Disgusting.

• Angry
Just read this about the Home Secretary making a ‘joke’ about giving his wife rohypnol every night as ‘“the secret to a long marriage was ensuring your spouse was “someone who is always mildly sedated so she can never realise there are better men out there”.’ Absolutely disgusting:mad:. It doesn’t take much for the veneer to fall with a lot of men to see what they really think about women.

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Just read this about the Home Secretary making a ‘joke’ about giving his wife rohypnol every night as ‘“the secret to a long marriage was ensuring your spouse was “someone who is always mildly sedated so she can never realise there are better men out there”.’ Absolutely disgusting:mad:. It doesn’t take much for the veneer to fall with a lot of men to see what they really think about women.

Cleverly is an absolute bleep and one of many politicians stating that trans women are women. Absolute melt.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The man believed to be the most prolific rapist in Britain preyed on men in Manchester - many of whom weren't gay - and used Rohypnol and other drugs. Wonder if Cleverly finds that just as funny?

Reactions: 7
There must be something about women - particularly young women I think - and cars that make a lot of men feel extremely insecure. Often when I’m parking (without problems) on a street, men passing by on the footpath or driving past on the road beside me will glance and smirk mockingly. Disgusting.
Or worse, start waving their arms around, trying to "guide" you into the space. Like we've never managed to park a car on our own 🙄.
I bought a new (to me) car recently. I wanted a specific model and when I found one for sale that I liked the look of, I called the dealer. The young guy told me that the seller was waiting for her new car to be delivered, in around 2 weeks, before she could part with her old one (which I wanted). I asked the salesman to call me when it was available he assured me that I was "first on the list". It's not a particularly desirable vehicle so I wasn't worried.
A week later, I got my husband to call to see if there was any update, my husband didn't make it known that he was anything to do with me, but was told the same thing, and that he'd get a call back when the car was available.
I'm guessing sales guy had quite a surprise when he called my husband's phone and I answered. Not sure why I didn't get the call as I was supposed to be "first on the list"? 😬🙄

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Or worse, start waving their arms around, trying to "guide" you into the space. Like we've never managed to park a car on our own 🙄.
I bought a new (to me) car recently. I wanted a specific model and when I found one for sale that I liked the look of, I called the dealer. The young guy told me that the seller was waiting for her new car to be delivered, in around 2 weeks, before she could part with her old one (which I wanted). I asked the salesman to call me when it was available he assured me that I was "first on the list". It's not a particularly desirable vehicle so I wasn't worried.
A week later, I got my husband to call to see if there was any update, my husband didn't make it known that he was anything to do with me, but was told the same thing, and that he'd get a call back when the car was available.
I'm guessing sales guy had quite a surprise when he called my husband's phone and I answered. Not sure why I didn't get the call as I was supposed to be "first on the list"? 😬🙄
This happened to a friend over a house. The agent was telling everyone they'd be the 1st to know when a house in a particular road came on the market. She had the last laugh though because I did an EPC on the owners rental, the couple had separated and were living in separate accommodation while selling their house on said road so I took her number, passed it to my friend and the agent got cut out completely

• Heart
In Ireland a few years ago, men kicked up as women's car insurance was less than theirs. Apparently some bullshit EU ruling came in that it was illegal for men to be charged more than women, even though statistically, men are more likely to be in collisions. So of course, women's insurance went up to match men's.
Yet, women are still paid less than men. Go figure that!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
James Cleverly seems to have got away with his off colour joke about using a date rape drug on his wife. Someone on the radio this morning pointing out that is actually a rape drug. Would he have gotten away with his remark if had used that term?

• Angry
Reactions: 8

What fresh hell is this?!

How is this even possible within the game? Why can that happen? Absolute insanity that not even a virtual character is safe online... what the actual f...?

James Cleverly seems to have got away with his off colour joke about using a date rape drug on his wife. Someone on the radio this morning pointing out that is actually a rape drug. Would he have gotten away with his remark if had used that term?
I'd actually never considered how the use of the word date somehow softens the intentions and offense.

Gives off the impression that there is some kind of romance, mutual understanding or consent.

But if someone meets another person armed with drugs to incapacitate them, there can never be any good intentions behind that.

Reactions: 14