Womanhood and injustices against women

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My work has moved office, from a large buisness estate to an office above some shops in a town centre. We work a 4 week rota, alternating between early and late. One day in office each week.

Manager doesn't seem to understand why female staff are scared to work late shifts in office. Instead of leaving and immediately being in a secure car park, we now have a ten minute walk through a rough area to a dark multi story car park.

There are drug addicts, homeless people and gangs of kids roaming the streets who often shout at us. I feel really vulnerable coming out when it is dark, and I am carrying what is very obviously a laptop bag.

Manager has given people option to drive home on lunch and work back half of shift at home . A few of the girls can't drive so can't get home in lunch. They have to stay unless can get a lift. This sometime means they are left in office alone between 5 and 8. When they have complaints to managers about being worried about being attacked, got told it is their fault they can't drive so just deal with it.

I stayed back once with someone working same shift as me. We walked to car park together and I waited whilst her boyfriend came to pick her up. We were shouted at and harassed by youths. When I told my manager he said it was my fault for staying back. If I have went home I would not have had abuse shouted at me.

All my managers are men btw. Complained as high up as I could about new office. Begged them to allow people to work early shifts in office and latest at home to avoid this. They wouldn't budge. They just don't get it and think we are trying to avoid working.
This is tit. I used to do late shifts in an area in Docklands which wasn’t very nice. I drove so it wasn’t a problem for me but they automatically paid for taxis for the female staff who didn’t drive.

Reactions: 14
I actually think I'm done with men. I'm happily married to a man but that's it for me. If I ever end up single I'm dating a woman. There's just too much to risk with men.
Same, if my husband departs before I do, I'm never entering a romantic relationship again. I've evaluated my 'friendships' with men over the years. Most tried their luck for sex, when I met my husband, all but one fell away (and we're not really friends, we swap memes and recipes). The men I'm friendly with are the owners of the coffee shop I frequent, otherwise, I choose not to engage unless I have to. My friendships with women are thriving and I intend to keep it that way.

I've been watching a lot of videos about decentering men and my heart soars when I see women opting for the single life. Dating is not a level playing field, even the pilot episode of Sex and the City said it: It's like the riddle of the Sphinx. Why are there so many great unmarried women and no great unmarried men?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Anyone seen what Joey Barton has been saying about women on twitter lately? He’s been raging for days now, it started off as an unhinged (and I suspect booze/coke fueled) rant about female commentators in sport and has slowly descended into him spewing utter bile about women in general. He feels very hard done by because no one wants to employ him as all the TV companies are giving jobs to women instead due to the “woke agenda”, apparently! Defo nothing to do with the fact that he’s a violent, racist criminal who has a long history of assaulting people off and on the pitch, including women and children!
He literally cannot hide his utter contempt for women and the amount of people agreeing with him is terrifying. He’s a little rat who was dragged up by a scum family and I genuinely feel sorry for his daughters having a father like that.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Anyone seen what Joey Barton has been saying about women on twitter lately? He’s been raging for days now, it started off as an unhinged (and I suspect booze/coke fueled) rant about female commentators in sport and has slowly descended into him spewing utter bile about women in general. He feels very hard done by because no one wants to employ him as all the TV companies are giving jobs to women instead due to the “woke agenda”, apparently! Defo nothing to do with the fact that he’s a violent, racist criminal who has a long history of assaulting people off and on the pitch, including women and children!
He literally cannot hide his utter contempt for women and the amount of people agreeing with him is terrifying. He’s a little rat who was dragged up by a scum family and I genuinely feel sorry for his daughters having a father like that.
Horrible isn't he! Pearl Davis (our favourite hypocrite and woman-hater) appeared on the Piers Morgan show 'debating' this last night.

The comments are awfully depressing.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
"Women shouldn't talk about football because they know nothing about it, only men do"
"Pearl, who also knows nothing about football, is an authority because she likes to bash women"

Sure, Joey. Sure

Reactions: 10
Horrible isn't he! Pearl Davis (our favourite hypocrite and woman-hater) appeared on the Piers Morgan show 'debating' this last night.

The comments are awfully depressing.

He’s an absolute melt, he was also on a podcast last week describing the racially motivated murder that his brother committed in 2005 as nothing more than a “scrap” which caused him to “lose years of his life” in the prison system 🙄.
Can defo see him emerging as a new sweetheart for the fair right and I think it’s absolutely disgusting that he’s been given a platform on TalkTV.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Aye, no woman knows anything about football. None of the players, old and new, none of the managers, none of the fans.

duck off, Joey, you ignorant hole 🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: 6
Never heard of that Joey Barton, but he seems completely ignorant and thick as tit.

Completely agree re the taxi discussion up thread. I’ve never got in a taxi after a night out (don’t want to be in alone in a confined space with a bloke I don’t know) and always use public transport (fortunately it runs all night in some form or other) even though it can take an age and you get plenty of dodgy individuals on there as well. I’ve had random guys fall asleep on me on the tube and I hate that feeling of being trapped.

Reactions: 9

A petition to educate the jury in rape cases on the common misconceptions before trial. I'm sure people on other technical trials like murder get a briefing so this is important especially with the terrible conviction rates. Some judges are complicit too and I think they need teaching...

But if you wanna sign ^^^^

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm sure people on other technical trials like murder get a briefing
They certainly do, my stepfather was a juror on a quite complicated fraud case and they had to take their time to brief the jury beforehand so they knew what the case and charges involved. Why not rape?

Just on the point of taxis.... I know people always say to get a taxi home but I'd much rather walk. For me it's the choice of getting into an enclosed space (taxi) with a man I don't know vs the risk of someone grabbing me off the street where I could scream and be heard. I personally feel safer walking than in a vehicle.

It's crazy that we have to think about these choices so much - we should be able to just choose what's convenient for us. And I know the stats are low. But there's been enough cases in the news to make the choice of walk vs taxi one of 'between a rock and a hard place' for me.
I was recently in a taxi and the taxi man tried to chat me up. I’m now worried to get a taxi again in case it is him.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Men are statistically much more likely to be jumped by random violent people in the street at night. Yet no-one tells men not to walk alone in the dark.

Reactions: 13
My work has moved office, from a large buisness estate to an office above some shops in a town centre. We work a 4 week rota, alternating between early and late. One day in office each week.

Manager doesn't seem to understand why female staff are scared to work late shifts in office. Instead of leaving and immediately being in a secure car park, we now have a ten minute walk through a rough area to a dark multi story car park.

There are drug addicts, homeless people and gangs of kids roaming the streets who often shout at us. I feel really vulnerable coming out when it is dark, and I am carrying what is very obviously a laptop bag.

Manager has given people option to drive home on lunch and work back half of shift at home . A few of the girls can't drive so can't get home in lunch. They have to stay unless can get a lift. This sometime means they are left in office alone between 5 and 8. When they have complaints to managers about being worried about being attacked, got told it is their fault they can't drive so just deal with it.

I stayed back once with someone working same shift as me. We walked to car park together and I waited whilst her boyfriend came to pick her up. We were shouted at and harassed by youths. When I told my manager he said it was my fault for staying back. If I have went home I would not have had abuse shouted at me.

All my managers are men btw. Complained as high up as I could about new office. Begged them to allow people to work early shifts in office and latest at home to avoid this. They wouldn't budge. They just don't get it and think we are trying to avoid working.
Might be worth complaining to the HSE (health and safety executive). This is absolutely unreasonable and a simple lone working risk assessment would point that out to management. They’re not doing enough to protect their staff.

Duty of care to staff is enshrined in the Health and Safety Act as well - do you have a H&S rep or committee? I agree with @Lalalalaaaaaa85 - health and safety could be the way to go here.

Reactions: 4
I would definitely state it was a safety issue for all staff working late. No-one will be able to whinge about women wanting extras then.

Reactions: 5