Womanhood and injustices against women

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of the Taliban, if the UN kowtow to the Taliban on this, then it’s further proof that they (UN) care little for the rights, dignity and equality of women and girls. All of these organisations show where their real allegiances lie eventually. And patriarchy always wins.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Erm, what on earth?! He knew her age too!
This is just unbelievable. Have the Dutch sports council or whoever are in charge got no bleeping shame? Are his team members all ok with this?

He raped a child.

Why isn’t he hiding under a rock, hoping no one will ever recognise him again? His smirking confidence is repulsive. It beggars belief that he is representing his country.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Another stellar day for women in Ireland. This brave lady reported her rapist, it took four years for it to go to court, the Director of Public Prosecutions requested her notes from therapy for the court case, which meant her rapist and his defence team got to read those notes about how he impacted her life, the effect her assault had on children and family life. This man violated this woman a second time by this being allowed.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Just seen
This has really pissed me off!! Wtf should the women have to move when it’s not their building being fixed!!!!

(The other things posted are giving me more rage but I don’t have the Mh to cope with thinking too deeply about them - it’s exhausting just being a woman isn’t it)

Reactions: 16
Man U have enough money as a club to rent some more portacabins. If it's only while renovations are going on, it won't even be that expensive.

I used to play football for a women's team and we were shoved out of the way for men all the time. That was 20 years ago and I hoped that things would have improved. We were an official university team and our training was often interrupted by an inter-departmental men's team who tried to get us to finish earlier. Nothing was ever done, although we did try and stick up for ourselves.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
If the Lionesses are anything to go by, women have far more chance of bringing home the glory than the poxy men anyway. Should be investing in that, not shoving them out of the way in favour of mediocre blokes.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There’s been comments by Uniteds owner how he doesn’t see the women as the ‘first’ team and now loads of United players are jumping ship. Not to mention the comments Harry Kane made the other day how England as a nation hadn’t won any trophies for years and years 🙄 it’s like 2 steps forward and 1 step back for women’s football.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
There are so many distressing reports about women’s and girl’s experiences at the hands of men/the patriarchy highlighted on this thread that, knowing it’s really only the tip of the iceberg, it’s hard not to feel despondent. However, I found this story about Agnodice, the first Greek female doctor, which highlights the solidarity amongst women when faced by the oppression of men, uplifting:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There are so many distressing reports about women’s and girl’s experiences at the hands of men/the patriarchy highlighted on this thread that, knowing it’s really only the tip of the iceberg, it’s hard not to feel despondent. However, I found this story about Agnodice, the first Greek female doctor, which highlights the solidarity amongst women when faced by the oppression of men, uplifting:

Thank you for sharing this.

This is a link to the history of Dr James Barry, a military surgeon. Dr Barry was born Margaret in 1789 in Cork Ireland at a time when women weren't allowed to study medicine. Margaret was raped by her uncle, gave birth to a daughter as a result, moved to London and cut off her hair, took on the name James, all to study medicine. When dying she requested to be buried in her clothes, unwashed so she could take her secret to the grave, her instructions were not followed. The medical examiner at that time said it was not their business if Dr Barry was male or female and just signed the death certificate. She led an astounding life.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Thank you for sharing.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There’s been comments by Uniteds owner how he doesn’t see the women as the ‘first’ team and now loads of United players are jumping ship. Not to mention the comments Harry Kane made the other day how England as a nation hadn’t won any trophies for years and years 🙄 it’s like 2 steps forward and 1 step back for women’s football.
It reminds me of Andy Murray having to constantly correct people about women's achievements.

• Heart
Reactions: 14