WLaHL: Christmas Challenge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I'd join this thread for hints, tips and motivation.
I'm 5ft 9. Started at 16 stone 4. Currently at 14 stone 13. Aiming for at least another 10lbs off before christmas. Just calorie counting at home. Weigh day is Friday so will see how this week goes.
Even though I've lost 1stone 5lb (19lb) I can't see or feel a difference yet. My jeans aren't any looser, face doesn't look slimmer so we keep chipping away.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve lost 36lbs and only 3 inches - it is so tedious!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve always struggled with my looks. The thing that seems to get me down the most is how i’m feeling about my looks and my weight plays a big part. I want to lose around 30lbs for me to be at my goal weight. Any tips appreciated. I find it hard snaking late at night is my biggest downfall and finding the motivation to exercise.
Any tips welcomed and hi all 👍

I’m soooo annoyed with myself. After finally breaking the 11 st 7 plateau I’ve had a bad ish couple of weeks and I’m back to 11 st 8. I literally just want to lose another stone, at this point I’d take 7-10 lbs…actually debating doing something drastic like a shake diet, which rationally I know is really stupid and unsustainable, but I just want to lose this final bit of weight 😔 it’s so hard now the pre Christmas events and food etc is ramping up as well.

• Heart
I’m soooo annoyed with myself. After finally breaking the 11 st 7 plateau I’ve had a bad ish couple of weeks and I’m back to 11 st 8. I literally just want to lose another stone, at this point I’d take 7-10 lbs…actually debating doing something drastic like a shake diet, which rationally I know is really stupid and unsustainable, but I just want to lose this final bit of weight 😔 it’s so hard now the pre Christmas events and food etc is ramping up as well.
I’m the exact same weight as you! I’ve fallen off the wagon real bad this past month I just feel horrid in my body and not myself.
I’m thinking of starting fasting as that always works for me. Water fast through the day and have dinner. I always have more energy when I do this too? Just need to keep off the sweets and snacking

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m the exact same weight as you! I’ve fallen off the wagon real bad this past month I just feel horrid in my body and not myself.
I’m thinking of starting fasting as that always works for me. Water fast through the day and have dinner. I always have more energy when I do this too? Just need to keep off the sweets and snacking
Yes I love IF, I need to get back on it!

I weighed again after a good day yday and was back under 11 stone 7 so some of it must be bloat. I feel very 'diet fatigued' at the moment.

Reactions: 4
Thought I'd join this thread for hints, tips and motivation.
I'm 5ft 9. Started at 16 stone 4. Currently at 14 stone 13. Aiming for at least another 10lbs off before christmas. Just calorie counting at home. Weigh day is Friday so will see how this week goes.
Even though I've lost 1stone 5lb (19lb) I can't see or feel a difference yet. My jeans aren't any looser, face doesn't look slimmer so we keep chipping away.
Currently at 14stone 8 🥳🥳🥳
2lb loss last week and 3lb loss this week.
Well on my way to my goal of 10lb off for Christmas. Only 5lb to go. After years of slimming world then binge eating calorie counting has finally stuck 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Idk what my body is doing but

Sunday - I was 11 stone 8
Monday - 11 stone 6.8
Stopped looking, popped on today - 11 stone 5

I'll take it 🤷‍♀️ lowest I've weighed all year.

I think I'm going to change my goal. I'm 5'9 and was aiming for 10 stone 7/8, now thinking I'll aim for 11 stone and then get a PT or coach to help me build muscle and get smaller without focusing so much on the scales. So going to try really hard to shed these last 5 lbs before Christmas now!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Finally cracked 90kg after being stuck on 91kg for about a month!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This thread seems to have died a bit - anyone still going?

Today's weight: 11 stone 2. Seems to be slowing right down now.

2 lbs off my Christmas target with a week to go; if I get 1 more lb off I'd be happy with that to be honest! Not bad to be 1lb out.

Reactions: 4
I’m tipping away quietly. Bought the Fast 800 Keto book and am following the recipes …down 8lb in three weeks…hoping to be down 3more by next week 🤞

• Heart
I've totally given up with the challenge tbh 🙈 but have been maintaining my weight so I'm okay with that. My head just isn't in it at the moment. Not sure if it's the weather or my depression or what.

• Sad
I’ve struggled since coming back from holiday. Definitely been snacking too much and not going to the gym

• Heart
I've totally given up with the challenge tbh 🙈 but have been maintaining my weight so I'm okay with that. My head just isn't in it at the moment. Not sure if it's the weather or my depression or what.
I'm the same. It's too cold to weigh myself 😬 so I've no idea what I weigh. I'm just trying to eat warming foods and stock up my freezer with nutritious meals, which are probably low calorie, ready for when I can concentrate on dieting properly. Next week is supposed to be when supermarkets reduce their veg prices so I can really get some good meals made for the freezer.

• Heart
Will anyone be up for a January challenge? I bit the bullet and signed up for a 3 month online coaching plan so I'm definitely planning to take this more seriously in the new year

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Will anyone be up for a January challenge? I bit the bullet and signed up for a 3 month online coaching plan so I'm definitely planning to take this more seriously in the new year
I will. I had other mental priorities so dropped the ball with keeping record of weight loss. I don't feel like worrying about it over the holiday so January challenge sounds great.

• Heart
100%! Kept up my exercise so far in December but need to get back on the straight and narrow food wise in Jan 🫡

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’d love this! I popped in and out of the main thread and I’ve largely NOT been dieting for around 6 months now - with the inevitable Christmas weight gain I currently weigh 194lbs which is the same weight I was 2 weeks after having my daughter. I’m 5’2.
The mirror is not my friend at the moment but I’ve made peace with the fact that what’s done is done and I can only change what happens going forward.

Is there any specific rules for the challenge or is it a daily/whenever weigh in? I’m struggling to know wether it’s best to weigh daily, weekly, monthly etc? There’s pros and cons for them all but I’m not sure which would be best.

On the plus side I’ve already planned my meals for the week following NYD and I’ll be going food shopping tomorrow so I already feel motivated!