WLaHL: Christmas Challenge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No I don't but seriously considering getting one!

Ohh I never even thought about ready meals! Here in the Netherlands those usually are very unseasoned and potato heavy or chinese food haha. Might have a look around to see if there are some less heavy options.
We've actually had couscous multiple times this week! One of my favourite things to eat either with steamed vegetables or cold in a salad. Thanks!
What about something from a deli or similar, served with salad/ steamed veg and a carb (haven't mentioned bread yet). I don't eat meat so I don't know what I'm talking about (😂) but like cold cuts of meat or similar? Could you get like, a rotisserie chicken and use that over a few days?

You could even get something from a takeaway or whatever and just have a little and serve it with healthy sides from home...? You'd get 2 or more meals out of the takeaway thing then too, perhaps?

Reactions: 2
93.6kg 24/08
91.7kg 03/09

Weekends I do struggled with as normally go for breakfast with pals and there’s only full English on the menu, just of various sizes. I have plenty food in the fridge to keep on plan over the weekend though.
91.7 16/09
Not disappointed in weight staying the same for 2 weeks. I’ve had some off plans meals and alcohol. Got a race tomorrow and will enjoy refuelling on Sunday. 7 weeks until my holiday and 100 days until Christmas!

Reactions: 3
Same weight/inches still… I’m getting disheartened now. I’m moving more, I’m tracking all my calories, I don’t know what else there is to do.

• Heart
Same weight/inches still… I’m getting disheartened now. I’m moving more, I’m tracking all my calories, I don’t know what else there is to do.
Ugh, I know the feeling! I was there last week and things are moving in the right direction again, slowly (🙄). You've just gotta stay with it. I did move a little bit more, but I've also eaten a little more. This is often the advice you get when you need to break a plateau, but it's hard to take when you're doing everything right. I guess your body just gets used to what you've been doing.
Stick with it/us - staying the same is better than a gain, after all x

Reactions: 1
Start weight 198.5 Lbs/ 90kg 7/7/22

Current weight 181.5 Lb/ 82.32kg 15/9/22

Just a little half a Lb off last week but it got me down to the next stone! I’ve been back to the gym which is positive… been every day before work (5 times so far) but since going back to the gym my appetite has increased so I’ve ate a bit more junk than I had been.

I did set a target of 3lb loss this week but I can’t see that happening. I’ll be happy with anything really. It’s a journey after all isn’t it

Reactions: 4
Starting weight (17/08/22): 114.3kg /251.9 lb
Current weight (14/09/22): 109.0kg/ 240. 3b
Christmas goal weight (21/12/22): 103.5kg/ 228.1lb

Weight down: 5.3kgkg /11.6 lb
Weight to go: 5.5kg / 12.1 lb

TL;DR: 1.7kg/ 3.7 lb lost this week
Now, this is nothing to write home about, but just enough to prattle on tattle about. After last week's frustration & gain I'd be pleased with anything. I'm extra pleased to have broken through the 110kg mark and by a nice chunk. Quietly that was a tiny, mini sub goal for me 😊

I've eaten differently (sometimes more than I had been, sometimes the same, quite a few more snacks) and exercised more. I'm still having to be careful because my knee is still worrisome.

I'm just slightly off the halfway point in terms of the weight I wanted to lose by 21/12/22 at 5 weeks in and with 13 weeks (?) to go - I hope I can keep it up 🤞🤞🤞

Have a great week!! 💪

• Heart
Reactions: 9
May I join you please?
I keep trying the same old diets to try and lose weight but all I get is even bigger 😞
I’ve got at least 4 stone to lose but ideally I’d like to lose a stone by Christmas.
I’m aiming to ditch the diet habit and start off by making changes, so cutting out the crap, basically - no crisps, chocolate, etc..
Also aiming to walk an extra 30 minutes each day to begin with.
Hopefully a different approach will help!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ugh, I know the feeling! I was there last week and things are moving in the right direction again, slowly (🙄). You've just gotta stay with it. I did move a little bit more, but I've also eaten a little more. This is often the advice you get when you need to break a plateau, but it's hard to take when you're doing everything right. I guess your body just gets used to what you've been doing.
Stick with it/us - staying the same is better than a gain, after all x
INCHES GONE UP! I despair.

• Sad
  • Heart
I haven’t posted for a couple weeks. 3 weeks ago I’d had a really good week and put on a pound! This is something that happens to me quite often, lose when I don’t expect to and put on when I don’t expect to. Thankfully my mental health was in a good place so I didn’t spiral. I was away last week so didn’t weigh in and wasn’t expecting much this week as my time away was VERY boozy. However, I’ve lost the pound I put on and an extra pound! I’m now down to 158 so not the 155 I was hoping for my holiday next week. I’m hoping to just not gain too much next week as my next goal lol

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello all, I’d love to join the Christmas challenge as well, if you don’t mind?

I’m mid 40s, 5’6”
I'm sticking to a CD of about 1500-1600 a day.
30.07.22 - SW: 170lb
CW: 162lb
GW: 145lb

I do weigh daily but also record weekly for the overall trend, or a I get a bit thrown by the daily ups and downs. But overall it’s slowly going down.

Some things that have helped:

-sticking to the CD. Or it doesn’t work!
- basing meals around protein, then fibre
- making my food really tasty with seasonings/ low cal condiments
- high volume, lower calorie foods in every meal. Lots of fruit and veg (fibre)
- stocking up with frozen fruit and veg I like
- Bulking up dishes with frozen cauli rice makes them so filling
- Replacing rice etc with green lentils or black beans (very filling) I always have tins of these in my cupboard now.
- frozen fruit with a low cal yogurt feels indulgent and a treat. It’s a nice breakfast or dessert
- low cal ice cream (from Lidl) for treats
- occasional IF, by waiting until lunch if I’m not hungry
- Not cutting out anything completely but just within my CD

This all helps and feels sustainable to me. In fact, I’m quite enjoying it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I lost another 1lb this week! That’s -18lb total so far. I’ve fell off the CC wagon a little but still eating ok. I’ve been the gym 4 days last week and 3 so far this week.

My gym is getting refurbished and is closing from 10th October for about 6 weeks so I’m fuming about that as I’m just starting a routine and that break will put me back to square one exercise wise and mean chances are I won’t go back until January then. I might look if there are any with 1 month contracts or trials I could go to whilst it’s closed.

If I lose 1lb a week I could still get my 2stone for Xmas 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Gained 2lb since going back to work, wfh was definitely much better🙈
Hoping to get back on it properly next week with both gym and food. Managed to get back to the gym this week though which is one positive

I’m sooo upset, I have had stitches put in my leg and been told I can’t exercise for 2 weeks with them in and have to take it easy for 2 weeks once they’re out.

I’m gonna have to monitor what I’m eating like crazy and hope I don’t gain any more weight

• Heart
Have bought the 4 October Woman's Weekly which has a healthiest winter ever section which includes a Slimming World plan.
Am picking up really useful information and internet links.
It's got loads in so have a flick through for yourself at the newsagent. 😁

Starting weight (17/08/22): 114.3kg /251.9 lb
Current weight (14/09/22): 107.7kg/ 237.4
Christmas goal weight (21/12/22): 103.5kg/ 228.1lb

Weight down: 6.6kg /14.5lb
Weight to go: 4.2kg / 9.2lb

TL;DR: 1.3kg/ 2.8 lb lost this week
Fine.

(mildly annoyed because I gained 0.4kg/ 0.8lb out of nowhere overnight, and I'd worked v hard this week. Boo.)

Reactions: 1
I’ve done none of the things I said I’d do in my earlier post, and almost got sucked back into SW yesterday before giving myself a good talking too!
Healthy breakfast has been had this morning and I’m aiming to focus on a day at a time. Will definitely fit a long brisk walk in after work today.

• Heart
I need to jump on this thread as I need the encouragement and love the idea of Christmas as a goal
Current Weight 145lbs
Height 5ft 4
Struggling with menopause weight gain and a bad hip

• Heart
Okay I’m starting again today. Honestly working from home doesn’t help when trying to lose weight, I need someone to lock me out the kitchen. I walked loads in September but my eating was off the scale! Scared to even weigh myself again so I am just going to go off my clothes size.
About to have eggs for brekkie!

Does anyone find when you exercise you’re so much hungrier? It’s like I can’t fill a hole and go way over my calories, whereas if I just diet without exercising I can stick to them quite easily.