WLaHL: Christmas Challenge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Joining.

I've been losing weight very slowly since the beginning of the year, managed 6 kg so far but I'd like to lose 6-7 kg more. Perhaps having a deadline will help.

My first checkpoint will be early November, when I'm supposed to visit my doctor for blood work so I'd like to have better results by then.

Height: 5'4" / 1.63m
Starting weight: 71.5 kg/158 lbs
Current weight: 65 kg/144 lbs
Eventual goal weight: 57 kg/125 lbs

I won't be too bothered if I've not reached my goal by Christmas, as long as I'm sticking to better habits and losing the extra weight, it'll be fine. It's definitely doable but I have ED history and still struggle sometimes, so I don't intend to turn this into a downward spiral. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 3
Still no weight change, but 1.5” off my waist!

Did pilates and legs glutes core this week. Been in calorie deficit all week, after a bad week last week.

Reactions: 8
I’ve fallen off the wagon this week… after months of eating good I had a Carvery Wednesday, all you can eat world buffet Friday, lots of alcohol and party food Sunday and a hangover breakfast and kfc today 😓

I’m not happy with myself but going to get up and drag myself to the gym in the morning x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m 33, 6ft.
Currently weight 93.6kg/206.3lbs
Mini goal (holiday) 85kg/187.3lbs
Christmas goal weight 80kg/176.3lbs
Weighed in this morning at 90.4/199.3lb
Pleased with how I’m doing but think I’m optimistic with my goals. 4 weeks until holiday and I’m not going to lose 5kg/12lbs. I’ll be happy to lose 5lbs tbh. Haven’t got too many plans either so should be able to be on plan.
Might reconsider my Christmas goal too, change it to my holiday goal. I’m not feeling too bad about myself atm

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Current weight: 65 kg/144 lbs
Weighed today, current weight is 63.70 kg/about 140lbs :geek: Chuffed with it, especially since I haven't really skipped a lot of treats in the past couple weeks. I've been walking a lot more, so this gives me a boost to take up exercising.

Reactions: 2
I am absolutely nowhere near my goal for holiday next week… I’ve totally plateaued :(

I’ve upped my movement, did lower calories, higher calories… I don’t get it! I don’t have any health issues like thyroid etc so that’s not a factor.

• Sad
35 years old. 5ft 4in. 3 kids. Semi sedentary job.
Start weight 198.5 Lbs/ 90kg 7/7/22
Current weight 186 Lb/ 84.3kg 18/08/22
Christmas target 168 Lb/ 76.2kg
Ultimate Target weight 140 Lb/ 63.5kg
Im now down to 80.7kg and really giving myself a push to get into the 70s in the next week or 2! I’ve got back on the food wagon and been exercising too! Still aiming for that 2 stone loss by Christmas xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Joining today
Currently 109kg, I'm 32, 5foot 6 and about a size 18.
I'm going back to work after Christmas and want yo fit into clothes I already have instead of buying new!!
I know I need to eat healthier and move more but I don't want to get obsessed with calorie numbers and steps so I am going to build up better habits, starting with drink 2L water a day and getting out for a walk every day.
My goal is to get to 100kg initially and I'm aiming to lose the first 5kg at least by Christmas!!
I am going to weigh daily as it keeps me focused and I like to see my average over the week.
Will try to do a daily check in here in the evenings.

9 weeks to Christmas (I think!)

• Heart
I've finally broken my 11 stone 7 plateau. Problem being I ate 1200 cals for a few days to do it, and I really don't want to have to eat that few calories to make progress. Going back to 1400-1500 now and hoping it stays off...

Reactions: 6
I had to fall off the wagon for just under a month as I was advised not to exercise with stitches I had in my leg ☹. I’m scared to weigh myself but to try and get myself remotely on track for my holiday in December I’m going to try 1200 cals per weekday and 5 work out days, my weekends are difficult because I have things planned for most of them, but I’m going to try and be sensible. Basically 7 weeks until we fly so if I can drop 5kg in that time I’ll be happy 😁

Reactions: 1
Just posting now to make myself accountable! My birthday this weekend (I’m not eating All Bran on my birthday 😂) so first weigh day will be Tuesday. I appreciate a lot of people like to measure, but I’m a numbers girl. I’d ideally like to get under 11 stone before Christmas, but a whole stone off before then would be amazing. Best of luck to all trying 😊

Reactions: 4
I had to fall off the wagon for just under a month as I was advised not to exercise with stitches I had in my leg ☹. I’m scared to weigh myself but to try and get myself remotely on track for my holiday in December I’m going to try 1200 cals per weekday and 5 work out days, my weekends are difficult because I have things planned for most of them, but I’m going to try and be sensible. Basically 7 weeks until we fly so if I can drop 5kg in that time I’ll be happy 😁
What exercise do you do on 1200 calories? I could never, just eating that little makes me feel tired and faint 😂

What exercise do you do on 1200 calories? I could never, just eating that little makes me feel tired and faint 😂

I went to the gym in the morning and did a 30 min run on the treadmill, had loads of water and then a small lunch and normal evening meal. I think it’s working now because I’ve only just started and I’m super determined but we will see going forward 😂

Hi! I’m not really a happy bunny…. I’ve gained 1.5lb this week after working super hard. No takeaways no alcohol. Loads of fruit and veg and I’ve been the gym 4 times this week.

I knew there was a potential thy I would stop losing weight when I joined the gym but I’m still peed off. I am going to continue with the gym as I know it’s good for me and it keeps me fitter but I’m not too sure about SlimmingWorld. I’ve hovered around just under 13 stone for about 6 weeks which equates to £36 for absolutely nothing.

Hi! I’m not really a happy bunny…. I’ve gained 1.5lb this week after working super hard. No takeaways no alcohol. Loads of fruit and veg and I’ve been the gym 4 times this week.

I knew there was a potential thy I would stop losing weight when I joined the gym but I’m still peed off. I am going to continue with the gym as I know it’s good for me and it keeps me fitter but I’m not too sure about SlimmingWorld. I’ve hovered around just under 13 stone for about 6 weeks which equates to £36 for absolutely nothing.
Could be muscle weight from the gym. You might measure thinner but show heavier on the scales because of this.

Reactions: 1
I think my loss was real because yesterday at my 'official' weigh in there was a bit more off too - now sitting at 11 stone 5.5, and in the 150s finally! I'm aiming for about 10 stone 7/8 I think, probably not by Christmas but if I can get to 11 stone for the party season I'll be buzzing!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Weighed in this morning at 90.4/199.3lb
Pleased with how I’m doing but think I’m optimistic with my goals. 4 weeks until holiday and I’m not going to lose 5kg/12lbs. I’ll be happy to lose 5lbs tbh. Haven’t got too many plans either so should be able to be on plan.
Might reconsider my Christmas goal too, change it to my holiday goal. I’m not feeling too bad about myself atm
Weighed in today 89.7kg/197.5lbs

happy with that and still a week until my holiday

Joining today
Currently 109kg, I'm 32, 5foot 6 and about a size 18.
I'm going back to work after Christmas and want yo fit into clothes I already have instead of buying new!!
I know I need to eat healthier and move more but I don't want to get obsessed with calorie numbers and steps so I am going to build up better habits, starting with drink 2L water a day and getting out for a walk every day.
My goal is to get to 100kg initially and I'm aiming to lose the first 5kg at least by Christmas!!

9 weeks to Christmas (I think!)
Starting weight: 109kg/240lbs
Current weight: 107.9kg/237.8 lbs

First week was very good, felt myself slip a little last week when I stopped tracking daily habits so jumping back on today for a new week.
I'm going to walk every day, drink 2L water and eat fruit each day.
Got a wedding invite for the week before Christmas so I really want to hit at least 104kg by then!🤞🤞

7 weeks til Christmas 🎄 🎄🎄

October was a mess for me 😬 I've indulged in junk, I wasn't great with walks or water intake but I feel like I've calmed down a bit. I didn't weigh myself last week because I was on my period and I was feeling extra bloated but this week's will show whether I've done some damage to my consistency or not. It's not the end of the world but all the fast food triggered some emotional eating habits which I don't like, so I'm trying to step away from stress eating and I try to be more intuitive instead.