WLaHL: Christmas Challenge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God this is painful now. After 4 days at 11 stone 0.5, today I get...11 stone. My body does not want to go into the 10s :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
It is painfully slow…but hang in there! The 10s are only a whisker away for you! I’m hovering at 11st 5. I’d love to be hitting 11 stone 0!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It is painfully slow…but hang in there! The 10s are only a whisker away for you! I’m hovering at 11st 5. I’d love to be hitting 11 stone 0!!!
You'll be there in no time!
I am really pleased to be where I am but mentally I always struggle getting into the 10s, and also with being the higher end of a stone bracket again, so I know I will find the next 4-5lbs really tough. We will all get there though 💪

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Weighed myself this morning, no idea how but I’m exactly the same as I was at the end of October, 11 stone 9, would love to see the 10s by the beginning of March ready for my holiday 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 6
14.4. Really annoyed but motivated to get out of this rut.
Was this exact weight 2 years ago, after calorie counting. Avoiding processed foods and keeping active I thought I'd cracked it and was in a healthy bmi range and felt great. Long covid has put me firmly back to square one so here we are. Have downloaded nutracheck, off I go again 😩😂

On pay day, I’m rejoining the gym. Not what i wanted as I am on a big saving mission this year but going to see it as an investment rather than a monthly spend 🫠 as I need to shift this weight

Welp, I've walked nearly 21 miles this week (I only count walking for exercise, not walking just going about my life), not eaten any crisps 💪, and not eaten too badly (not "well" tho, I'll be honest). I've lost 2.6kg/ 5.7lb.
I really would like to see off a further 3.3kg/ 7.2lb off by the end of the month.

I wish someone would physically lock the kitchen door in the evenings, I'm so weak and snacky then!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Welp, I've walked nearly 21 miles this week (I only count walking for exercise, not walking just going about my life), not eaten any crisps 💪, and not eaten too badly (not "well" tho, I'll be honest). I've lost 2.6kg/ 5.7lb.
I really would like to see off a further 3.3kg/ 7.2lb off by the end of the month.

I wish someone would physically lock the kitchen door in the evenings, I'm so weak and snacky then!
I’ve eaten all the good stuff so I can’t be tempted 🤣

My healthy eating started yesterday, I just need motivation to move!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I fucked up already yesterday and went for a few beers with my dad in the afternoon. Told myself I would have lime and soda but I am weak willed 😅 still cooked my healthy tea as planned and didn’t have any crisps etc at the pub so it wasn’t terrible. Still annoyed with myself like but could have been a lot worse, back on track today!

I can’t stand this miserable weather. I’d love to go for a walk but it’s pissing it down. Don’t fancy the gym as I want to spend time with my partner and he goes to a different one.

• Heart
I’ve eaten all the good stuff so I can’t be tempted 🤣

My healthy eating started yesterday, I just need motivation to move!
Motivation is a tricky witch 🙄

I find I'm most motivated in the morning so I try to get in a 1.5 mile walk then, either at 0530 from home or I get to work a little early and do it then. That tends to keep me on track for the rest of the day too, so as not to undo that.

I'd love to have more energy, motivation and commitment at a more convenient time but I have to be honest with myself and say I'm really unlikely to do anything much after work, so sneaking around in the wee small dark hours it is.

Motivation is a tricky witch 🙄

I find I'm most motivated in the morning so I try to get in a 1.5 mile walk then, either at 0530 from home or I get to work a little early and do it then. That tends to keep me on track for the rest of the day too, so as not to undo that.

I'd love to have more energy, motivation and commitment at a more convenient time but I have to be honest with myself and say I'm really unlikely to do anything much after work, so sneaking around in the wee small dark hours it is.
Im going to rejoin the gym and make sure I go with my partner on our lunch breaks. I know if he goes, then I will to. Well… usually 👀🤣

• Heart
I've been for a meal out Friday and had a few drinks yesterday as my birthday is next week so not the best first week. But someone posted earlier about not going off the rails or "getting back on it" and it really resonated with me. I had fun, I enjoyed it, it's life. It's my birthday celebrations. I'm not gonna berate myself for that or feel guilty for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
First week back on a new diet. After losing a good amount in lockdown, I’ve been trying to diet for the last two years but it’s been slowly slipping and the weights been sliding upwards.
Last week I managed to lose 3lb but I need to eat healthier and substitute the snacks for better options.

• Heart
Ok, my diet this week was tit. I couldn’t stop myself from eating and I was struggling to get back into work mode again.
So (biting the bullet here) my details…
50m
H: 6’1” (185cm)
W: 21st 8-3/4lb (302.75lb - 137kg)

I want to lose a decent amount (carefully) by the start of spring.
I exercise by walking and try to do at least 500 kCal, 30 mins and 5000 steps. It’s not a huge amount but I have health issues (especially breathing) and have been on steroids twice (hence the weight). I’m hoping to do something positive in the next few weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Fml weighed myself this morning and only lost 1/2 a lb! Trying not to get disheartened, at least it’s going in the right direction.

I stayed the same but assume that is due to medication I am on. Will be joining a gym on payday 😅

I’ve taken a break from weighing myself. I’ve been under my calories every day since New Year’s Day and yet the scales continue to rise. I really don’t want to become disheartened and want to stay consistent so I’ll weigh myself in a few weeks maybe.

Reactions: 4