WLaHL: Christmas Challenge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread seems to have died a bit - anyone still going?

Today's weight: 11 stone 2. Seems to be slowing right down now.

2 lbs off my Christmas target with a week to go; if I get 1 more lb off I'd be happy with that to be honest! Not bad to be 1lb out.
Today's weight is 11 stone 0.5! Made it before 2023, I'll take that.

Looking forward to a NY challenge, I want to lose another half a stone and then I think that'll be me done.

I'm easy re rules. I weigh every day and track it on HappyScale, happy to see calories or food plans etc, I track food on Nutracheck and exercise on my Apple Watch :)

Reactions: 6
Have joined the thread for a bit if new year motivation.

I have lost and gained the same 8lbs for the last 3 years and I reeeally need to grt my arse in gear now as I have around 4 stone to lose.

Hoping for 8lbs off in January

Reactions: 3
Have also joined for motivation, I used to be quite good at eating healthy and exercising but I’ve really struggled with motivation since covid/lockdown. I have a gym membership that I’ve not used the last couple of months (so total waste) but would like to get back into it.
I haven’t weighed myself in over a year but I know I’m the heaviest I’ve been (apart from when I was pregnant). Will weigh myself at the gym tomorrow (determined to go!) and report back.

Will anyone be up for a January challenge? I bit the bullet and signed up for a 3 month online coaching plan so I'm definitely planning to take this more seriously in the new year
I'm definitely up for a Jan challenge.
I'm two pounds heavier than in August when I started the Christmas challenge. It all went a bit wrong so I'm relieved it's only a 2lbs gain since then.

I've signed up for a 7 week online coaching which starts on Monday 9th Jan, so I'm hoping to see results quickly, although I do actually need to track my cals properly for it to be a success!

My husband has actually suggested McDonald's breakfast this morning and I've said no, so I'll take that as a small win.

Reactions: 4
Sign me up! I never count NYD as we traditionally have a family trip to the pub in the afternoon but we all had colds and didn’t go so actually stuck to my calories yesterday.

Haven’t weighed myself yet but reckon I’m pushing on 12 stone if not (I’m 5’6” so overweight for my height) every time I’ve ever done Slimming World etc I’ve always set my goal weight at 9 and a half stone but realise now this is unrealistic for me and my ideal weight is around the 10 and a half stone mark.

Going to have Thursday as my weigh day.

I have a trade show to attend in February and I would love to have a good 10lb off by then!

We are doing Dry January so that will help, and I’ve also got to go for a procedure on Friday this week where I can’t eat after lunch on Thursday and eat the blandest food in the world from tomorrow so hoping a positive from that will be a head start on the weight loss, just have to ignore McDonald’s and KFC being next to the hospital afterwards 😂😂

Reactions: 7
I’m in. Been trying to lose weight for about 10 years but I’m so miserable now I need to do this.

NY weigh in - 15st 5.8lbs.
Goal - not sure yet but 12 stone at least.

• Heart
Hi all! What are the best calorie counting apps to use? 😁
Use the James Smith app to calculate your calories and then amend them on whatever app you use. I found apps like MFP, for example, give you a number that is way too low x

Do we continue the challenge here or are we going to have a separate January thread?

(Current weight: 64 kg/141 lbs. I stayed the same since mid October. Not a progress but not a loss either, as I haven't been diligent at all. Would be lovely if I hit 60 kg by the end of the month but my weight plateaus around these numbers so I won't beat myself up if I'm stuck for a bit.)

Use the James Smith app to calculate your calories and then amend them on whatever app you use. I found apps like MFP, for example, give you a number that is way too low x
I've just done mine which worked out just under 1600 cals if I put sedentary or 1800 cals for lightly active. Much more achievable than the 1400 cals Nutracheck has set me. MFP always is way too low, 1200 cals which it usually sets me isn't enough, I did stick to it to lose weight in my early 20s but it was miserable.

I've just done mine which worked out just under 1600 cals if I put sedentary or 1800 cals for lightly active. Much more achievable than the 1400 cals Nutracheck has set me. MFP always is way too low, 1200 cals which it usually sets me isn't enough, I did stick to it to lose weight in my early 20s but it was miserable.
Nutracheck set me 1200 caps and I changed it to 1400, which is okay for me, if I exercise I also eat some if the calories used as I find even 1400 too low if I have walked 7 miles etc

Reactions: 2
Starting the new year still at 90kg, annoying since I got to 87kg but it could have been worse! Off to Tesco to refill now all the Christmas stuff is gone

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So my official starting weight is 194lb and I’m 5”2. I’m sad that I’ve spiralled to this weight and I don’t feel good in myself at the moment but I’m really hoping I can change it. I’ve yo-yo dieted for years and only ever seemed to gain weight 😔

I’m counting calories and I’m under for today and feeling positive about tomorrow. I am hungry but I think that’s due to the sheer drop in the volume of food I’ve been eating vs over the Christmas period!

My goal weight I’d say would be around the 10 stone mark but honestly I’m more interested in what I see in the mirror.

• Heart
I am going to start next week, am treating this week as still part of Christmas, had the virus that is doing the rounds for 5 days and still have cheese and dips to use up.

I lost a stone before Christmas so am hoping to lose another half a stone before the end of March, I am going on my hols and will need to wear a bikini!!

Reactions: 7