Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spoke

VIP Member
@shadowcat5's idea! This is a spin off from the Weight Loss and Healthy Living thread where we can check in our weight loss between now and Christmas. I have put a poll so we can decide whether calories are mentioned or not.

Trigger warning: As this is a weight loss thread, there will be discussions of diet and exercise. If this is not something you wish to participate in, this may not be the correct space for you. This is not a space to share extreme crash dieting tips, or promote disordered eating. This is not a competition with each other for who can lose the most fastest, this is a check in where people can share their journey and support each other.

----

Now that the intro is done and dusted, I'll start us off. (I use kg because the scales at the gym use them)

I am 29, 5'5".
Starting weight (May 22): 106 kg/233lbs
Current weight (Aug 22): 91kg/200lbs
Christmas goal weight: 75kg/156lbs

I have 7 weeks until Dr Spoke and I head off to Lanzarote so that's my first mini goal. My weight tracking app (Happy Scale) predicts I'll be about 80kg/176lbs by then at my current rate so that is my target! The app predicts my weight at Christmas to be 71kg/156lbs, but I do intend on eating and drinking my all inclusive heart out on holiday so I'll be happy with a target of 75kg.

Food yesterday:
Breakfast:

Bacon, eggs, red pepper, peas, spring onion scrambled

Lunch:
Alpro yoghurt, nectarine, banana, protein bar

Dinner:
Baked sweet potato, tuna mayo, rocket leaves, tomatoes, olive oil

Snacks:
Sugared almonds, digestive biscuits

Exercise yesterday:
1hr pole dance class

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So I’m 2lbs away from being a stone down 💪🏼

B: porridge with chia seeds and strawberries and an iced coffee
L: nothing or a really small snack
D: Bills buttermilk chicken burger 👌🏼 we are taking our boys out to a show today so having to eat out, should realistically be within calorie limits though

• Heart
Reactions: 11

cherryxcokex

I’m going to join this too!

I’ve lost 37lbs so far this year but my weight loss has stalled the past month, think I need to change things up as my body has got used to it.

start weight 04/01/22 13 stone 1
Current weight 26/08/22 10 stone 3.8
Goal weight by Xmas day 9 stone 9
I’m 5ft 4

going to up my daily steps to 12,000 a day minimum, drink more water and try to stop self sabotaging at weekends

Reactions: 10

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Yesterday was a complete fail, went out with the kids in the morning and the plan was to be home for lunchtime but nobody wanted to go home yet and we ended up in kfc 🤦🏻‍♀️ I didn’t have dinner but had a bowl of cereal later in the evening. Didn’t bother tracking calories at all yesterday. Kids are back to school next week so it’ll be easier to stay on track.

But, Monday mornings are my weigh in day and I had lost 1lb. I’m still struggling to accept that a 1lb loss is good, I think this comes from my slimming world days and everyone competing for the biggest losses
it wasn't a fail. it was just a treat. You'll go nuts if don't allow them. One Kfc won't derail you massively anyway and you and the kids enjoyed time together which is more important than sticking 100% to something.

1lb is good cause it means you're moving in the right direction. Just try to remember it's not a race or a sprint. Slow and sustainable is better than fast and fleeting 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I think my loss was real because yesterday at my 'official' weigh in there was a bit more off too - now sitting at 11 stone 5.5, and in the 150s finally! I'm aiming for about 10 stone 7/8 I think, probably not by Christmas but if I can get to 11 stone for the party season I'll be buzzing!

• Heart

Some People!

Chatty Member
Starting weight (17/08/22): 114.3kg /251.9 lb
Current weight (14/09/22): 109.0kg/ 240. 3b
Christmas goal weight (21/12/22): 103.5kg/ 228.1lb

Weight down: 5.3kgkg /11.6 lb
Weight to go: 5.5kg / 12.1 lb

TL;DR: 1.7kg/ 3.7 lb lost this week
Now, this is nothing to write home about, but just enough to prattle on tattle about. After last week's frustration & gain I'd be pleased with anything. I'm extra pleased to have broken through the 110kg mark and by a nice chunk. Quietly that was a tiny, mini sub goal for me 😊

I've eaten differently (sometimes more than I had been, sometimes the same, quite a few more snacks) and exercised more. I'm still having to be careful because my knee is still worrisome.

I'm just slightly off the halfway point in terms of the weight I wanted to lose by 21/12/22 at 5 weeks in and with 13 weeks (?) to go - I hope I can keep it up 🤞🤞🤞

Have a great week!! 💪

• Heart

Spoke

VIP Member
SW: 106kg/233lbs
CW: 90kg/198lbs
Christmas GW: 75kg/156lbs

Under 200lbs in the first time in years! 1kg lost in a week, decent enough!

B: Choco shell cereal, tea
L: Egg sandwich
D: Chorizo and prawn rice bake
S: Oat latte
E: None, and didn’t meet my steps goal 🫠

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Will anyone be up for a January challenge? I bit the bullet and signed up for a 3 month online coaching plan so I'm definitely planning to take this more seriously in the new year

• Heart

Magentamarathon

This is the thread I NEED!

I'm 5ft 6, turn 34 next month and yesterday the scales measured 12st 7lbs.
I've got a bunch of half written food diaries and a subscription to Nutracheck which is slowly expiring without me using it (again).
I've previously lost weight on Slimming World about 10 years ago for my wedding and then I've been about 2 stone heavier than wedding weight ever since... although I did no exercise at that time.

I am a runner and I have an obsession with buying exercise dvds and gym equipment but never actually using them!
I do 8.30 - 5 office based so my step count is rubbish most days and the darker nights make me want to hibernate.
I have an addiction to pizza.

I'd love to lose a stone, but to be honest, I'd be thrilled just to see the scales begin with 11st xx so that will be my first target!

Well done if you've made it to the end of my post :ROFLMAO:

Good luck everyone 😁

• Heart

bamboo98

VIP Member
Can I join please? I don’t get weighed though I do measurements and go by my clothes fitting better/worse 😭

I’m going back to America in 7 weeks time so I want to lose a bit of weight before then and I have a pair of jeans I want to fit into by Christmas (I’m an 18/20 now and they’re a 16)

• Heart

Some People!

Chatty Member
Welp, I've walked nearly 21 miles this week (I only count walking for exercise, not walking just going about my life), not eaten any crisps 💪, and not eaten too badly (not "well" tho, I'll be honest). I've lost 2.6kg/ 5.7lb.
I really would like to see off a further 3.3kg/ 7.2lb off by the end of the month.

I wish someone would physically lock the kitchen door in the evenings, I'm so weak and snacky then!

• Heart

bellinibobble

VIP Member
I’ll be up for this once I’m back from my wedding and minimoon mid Sept 🤍 I’m sure I’ll need some help getting back on the straight and narrow!

• Heart

Gold_7

Chatty Member
Hello all, I’d love to join the Christmas challenge as well, if you don’t mind?

I’m mid 40s, 5’6”
I'm sticking to a CD of about 1500-1600 a day.
30.07.22 - SW: 170lb
CW: 162lb
GW: 145lb

I do weigh daily but also record weekly for the overall trend, or a I get a bit thrown by the daily ups and downs. But overall it’s slowly going down.

Some things that have helped:

-sticking to the CD. Or it doesn’t work!
- basing meals around protein, then fibre
- making my food really tasty with seasonings/ low cal condiments
- high volume, lower calorie foods in every meal. Lots of fruit and veg (fibre)
- stocking up with frozen fruit and veg I like
- Bulking up dishes with frozen cauli rice makes them so filling
- Replacing rice etc with green lentils or black beans (very filling) I always have tins of these in my cupboard now.
- frozen fruit with a low cal yogurt feels indulgent and a treat. It’s a nice breakfast or dessert
- low cal ice cream (from Lidl) for treats
- occasional IF, by waiting until lunch if I’m not hungry
- Not cutting out anything completely but just within my CD

This all helps and feels sustainable to me. In fact, I’m quite enjoying it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Some People!

Chatty Member
My first ~Wednesday Weigh-in~ for the WLAHL Christmas Challenge, (but week 2 of my efforts)!

It's been an OK week. I've been fairly conscious of what I've been eating and I've kept up with my promise to myself to walk each morning (M-F), and I lost a lot initially then gained the last few days - I suspect TOTM 🙄 Also, crisps.

Starting weight (17/08/22): 114.3kg /251.9lb
Current weight (31/08/22): 111.7kg/ 246lb
Christmas goal weight (21/12/22): 103.5kg/ 228.1lb

Weight down: 2.6kg /5.7lb
Weight to go: 8.2kg / 18lb

TL;DR: A 1.7kg/ 3.7lb loss this week

A good start, and it puts me about 2.5 weeks ahead of where I thought I might have been, a handy buffer which should help keep my spirits up when it slows down.

This week I need to remember to leave my purse in the car when I'm at work so I don't buy snacks to cheer me up or give me an excuse to take a break 🐽

It's been super motivational to me knowing that you lot are trying, sharing, losing and gaining and that not one of us is finding it a breeze - thanks, Team WLAHLCC! 💪

• Heart
Hi everyone hope you don't mind a new member joiner :) I've been struggling to shift the 15kg or so I've put on since COVID. I've been struggling with some health and mental health issues which feel like a barrier to getting healthier and losing weight but the weight also affects my health and MH so its all very circular! I just want to feel good in myself and also feel happier about my appearance again. I've been slowly working through couch to 5k on treadmill, its way too humid (80% humidity!) where I live to run outside in the summer. Going to add swimming and maybe some weight training too.

I am 30, 5'6"
Current weight: 80kg
Christmas goal weight:
70kg

Food yesterday
Breakfast:
overnight oats (greek yogurt, oat milk, oats, PB, honey, banana, blueberries, cinnamon

Lunch:
salad: bulgar wheat, feta, cucumber, cucumber, lettuce leaves, mint leaves, red onion, lemon juice, black pepper

Dinner:
sweet potato falafels, lettuce/cucumber/red pepper, hummus and tzatziki
Snacks:
2 ginger nut biscuits

Exercise: 30 minute swim

Spoke

VIP Member
My watch rings are definitely not closing today either, I had a headache and ended up napping for two hours!

I have pilates tomorrow so will have to get up and go for that.

Dogtanian

VIP Member
Ok, my diet this week was shit. I couldn’t stop myself from eating and I was struggling to get back into work mode again.
So (biting the bullet here) my details…
50m
H: 6’1” (185cm)
W: 21st 8-3/4lb (302.75lb - 137kg)

I want to lose a decent amount (carefully) by the start of spring.
I exercise by walking and try to do at least 500 kCal, 30 mins and 5000 steps. It’s not a huge amount but I have health issues (especially breathing) and have been on steroids twice (hence the weight). I’m hoping to do something positive in the next few weeks.

• Heart