WLaHL: Christmas Challenge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm dreading weighing myself tomorrow 😳 Weekend of indulgence, then this time next week we'll be on a flight to France. I was meant to go to the gym yesterday but my doctors appointment ran an hour behind and by the time I was out I was starving and we went for Thai food. Going to try to get to the gym at least 5 more times before then

Reactions: 1
So on track with food this week. Yesterday I had scrambled egg on one slice of toast, sweet potato & corn broth for lunch and mushroom stroganoff for dinner, some raspberries as a snack. For exercise I did a circuits class.

Today I’ve had the same brekkie, lunch is prawn patatas bravas and dinner is spiced haddock shawarma. Will have an apple and some grapes for snacks. Plan is a 30 min run and lower body strength for exercise!

B - PHD Smart Bar

L - Greggs Tuna Pasta (yikes) and a Flat White

D - Tomato and Red Pepper Soup with Cheese and Toast

S - Lidls Bakery Pastel de Nata / WW Biscuit and Shortbread

E - 9524 steps
Total Kcals - 1758kcals

Joining: saw this thread on Sunday just after I'd weighed myself and thought it might make me more accountable+! ie hopefully succeed

Currently 99kg @5' 6". Would like to loose 1kg/wk = 83kg by Christmas. Being more realistic even if I lose 1 lb/wk would be a result.
Walk my 2 dalmatians every day, minimum 1 hr. Contemplating returning to gym as well. Ironically I studied to be a dietician ~20 yrs ago so know the theory etc. But emotional eating has taken its toll. Essay over!

Reactions: 4
Disappointed I weighed 88.2kg this morning, a 0.2kg rise :rolleyes: Putting it down to my weekend away, hormones everywhere because I had my contraceptive injection and the fact my evening meal was potentially salty 😅

Today
B - Muller Corner 167 cals
L - Beef Koka noodles 394 cals
D - Minted lamb steak, mash, kale, broccoli and gravy Hopefully less than 940 cals
E - 30 mins fast row

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My weight has been all over the place this week, despite my best efforts, and I've felt and looked super bloaty. I have, however, been keeping up with my 05:25 daily walk for 3 weeks now!

Starting weight (17/08/22): 114.3kg /251.9lb
Current weight (07/09/22): 110. 5kg/ 243.6lb
Christmas goal weight (21/12/22): 103.5kg/ 228.1lb

Weight down: 3.8kg /8.3lb
Weight to go: 7kg / 15.4lb

TL;DR: A 1.2kg/ 2.6lb loss this week

I'm still about 3 weeks ahead of where I thought I might have by now which is OK and I'm still viewing that as a buffer for when it slows down or stops.

Last week I did indeed buy/ eat no snacks at work!

Little wins 🖤

Does anyone have experience with those 10.000 steps workout videos on youtube?
No, I'd be interested too! My friend really rates Get Fit With Rick, and I do like the format (not sure if he does 10k tho).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I weighed on Sunday and I had lost 2 pounds! So 10 stone 5 now.
I’m still trying to go to the gym (not every day) and eating well so hopefully I’ll see another pound off 😬 I’ll weigh Friday morning I think.

Weight has gone up, but inches are going down?? currently at 93kg but lost 1.5” around the waist??

I gained 1lb this week… and up to now I’m not optimistic for next week unless I feel better and force myself to go to the gym from Monday… I really need to do it. I went and got the abscess in my tooth drained and am on antibiotics but not feeling any better.

Reactions: 2
Pleasantly surprised to report a 2.3kg loss for this week. 97.7kg.
Wasn't really depriving myself foodwise, but did take dogs for a couple of walks yesterday which took three hours in total.
Perhaps was subconsciously aware that I'd committed to posting on this thread each week? Anyhoo, quite chuffed. Though I'm bloody sore today!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is anyone else trying to lose weight with their partner? my husband is losing weight quicker than me (he's definitely better at self control and doesn't have a sweet tooth or a thyroid problem like I do) and Im happy for him but I also want to have a tantrum XD
Just catching up so a bit late but wanted to say I’ve had this in my journey too 😂 Remember our hormonal fluctuations also have a part to play in our weight at any given time so don’t be too hard on yourself!

Does anyone have experience with those 10.000 steps workout videos on youtube?
I’ve done these before! Good for when it’s raining 😁

• Heart
I've had a frustrating week.
I've exercised some serious self-control and willpower and made some difficult choices around food.
I've kept up my morning walks (4th week now!), and where I skipped one because I needed the sleep, I made up with it with a 6.3 mile walk later that day which tbh I had to drag myself out for and drag myself round, too. I But I did it. Also dragged myself out on a walk when I was tired after work - that was really tough.
I've gained & lost 0.5kg/ 1.1lb repeatedly and spent 3 days the same weight.
I've added on a little extra to my regular walk and added an extra walk once I get to work.
I successfully bought/ ate no snacks at work last week 💪

Nothing has helped. I've actually gained now :(

Current weight (14/09/22): 110.7kg/ 244 lb

Weight down: 3.6kg /7.9lb
Weight to go: 7.2kg / 15.4lb

TL;DR: 0.2kg/ 0.4lb gained this week

I've been saying since I started that the loss would slow down/ stop and that's what's happened, but it still sucks. I feel like I tried extra hard this week.

I noticed this morning that Libra is predicting I'll reach my Christmas Challenge goal sometime in mid-January now which is a bit gutting.
I can't recall where I am on my plotted weight loss plan, but I might even still be a little bit ahead of where I *had* to be, so there's that.

So I'll press on for another week. I'll keep up the morning walks with the extra bit, I'll keep up the extra walk at work, I'll keep up the evening walk on Tuesday, and I'll keep up the 1x per week extra long walk. I'll keep making good food choices, and keep up the good work avoiding snacking.
Annoyingly I've done something a bit unpleasant to my knee, so I can't even add in something more vigorous for now.

Wishing you all a better week! 🖤

• Heart
I've had a frustrating week.
I've exercised some serious self-control and willpower and made some difficult choices around food.
I've kept up my morning walks (4th week now!), and where I skipped one because I needed the sleep, I made up with it with a 6.3 mile walk later that day which tbh I had to drag myself out for and drag myself round, too. I But I did it. Also dragged myself out on a walk when I was tired after work - that was really tough.
I've gained & lost 0.5kg/ 1.1lb repeatedly and spent 3 days the same weight.
I've added on a little extra to my regular walk and added an extra walk once I get to work.
I successfully bought/ ate no snacks at work last week 💪

Nothing has helped. I've actually gained now :(

Current weight (14/09/22): 110.7kg/ 244 lb

Weight down: 3.6kg /7.9lb
Weight to go: 7.2kg / 15.4lb

TL;DR: 0.2kg/ 0.4lb gained this week

I've been saying since I started that the loss would slow down/ stop and that's what's happened, but it still sucks. I feel like I tried extra hard this week.

I noticed this morning that Libra is predicting I'll reach my Christmas Challenge goal sometime in mid-January now which is a bit gutting.
I can't recall where I am on my plotted weight loss plan, but I might even still be a little bit ahead of where I *had* to be, so there's that.

So I'll press on for another week. I'll keep up the morning walks with the extra bit, I'll keep up the extra walk at work, I'll keep up the evening walk on Tuesday, and I'll keep up the 1x per week extra long walk. I'll keep making good food choices, and keep up the good work avoiding snacking.
Annoyingly I've done something a bit unpleasant to my knee, so I can't even add in something more vigorous for now.

Wishing you all a better week! 🖤
It is so frustrating when this happens, are you drinking enough water? Hopefully you'll get the *whoosh* effect soon.

As for Libra, I use the app but totally ignore the predicted end date, as they change frequently based on your daily weigh ins (if you weigh daily like I do)

• Heart
It is so frustrating when this happens, are you drinking enough water? Hopefully you'll get the *whoosh* effect soon.

As for Libra, I use the app but totally ignore the predicted end date, as they change frequently based on your daily weigh ins (if you weigh daily like I do)
Thanks, I feel a bit better for ranting!

I've not been as good with drinking water as I have been, so I'll get on that today.

I never usually look at Libra's predictions either, I guess I just feel like torturing myself this morning 🙃

Fingers crossed for *whoosh* soon!

At the moment we don’t have a kitchen since we took the old one out last weekend and the new one comes in a few weeks. I find it really difficult now to have healthier meals since we can’t cook at home properly. We only have a kettle, microwave and toaster now

At the moment we don’t have a kitchen since we took the old one out last weekend and the new one comes in a few weeks. I find it really difficult now to have healthier meals since we can’t cook at home properly. We only have a kettle, microwave and toaster now
do you have a slow cooker? When I didn't have an oven I slow cooked everything and then microwaved leftovers

Something microwaved (jacket potato? Ready meal? Rice?) with salad on the side?
Pre-seasoned couscous only needs a kettle
I use those steambags of veg which are done in 3 mins and they're easily added to rice or something?

do you have a slow cooker? When I didn't have an oven I slow cooked everything and then microwaved leftovers
No I don't but seriously considering getting one!

Something microwaved (jacket potato? Ready meal? Rice?) with salad on the side?
Pre-seasoned couscous only needs a kettle
I use those steambags of veg which are done in 3 mins and they're easily added to rice or something?
Ohh I never even thought about ready meals! Here in the Netherlands those usually are very unseasoned and potato heavy or chinese food haha. Might have a look around to see if there are some less heavy options.
We've actually had couscous multiple times this week! One of my favourite things to eat either with steamed vegetables or cold in a salad. Thanks!