Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mickey86

I’ve been doing calorie counting on/off since Jan 2022 but have gained all the weight I’ve lost back so restarting as of 2 weeks ago.
About me - 5ft 5, size 14, have a semi active job but also a parent so always running around doing something, don’t do any exercise and track my calories using nutracheck, Saturdays are my take away day.

Start weight - 11st 10lbs (8th August)
Current weight 11st 6lbs (15th August, I weigh every Monday morning)
I don’t have a goal weight but would like to fit into size 10 clothes comfortably

Reactions: 5

Spoke

VIP Member
What's happy scale?
It is an app that you log your weight in, and it shows your average rate of loss/gain, breaks your target into smaller milestones, and shows predictions of how long it’ll take you to reach your goal! You don’t need fancy scales, just type in your weight.

Some People!

Chatty Member
My weight has been all over the place this week, despite my best efforts, and I've felt and looked super bloaty. I have, however, been keeping up with my 05:25 daily walk for 3 weeks now!

Starting weight (17/08/22): 114.3kg /251.9lb
Current weight (07/09/22): 110. 5kg/ 243.6lb
Christmas goal weight (21/12/22): 103.5kg/ 228.1lb

Weight down: 3.8kg /8.3lb
Weight to go: 7kg / 15.4lb

TL;DR: A 1.2kg/ 2.6lb loss this week

I'm still about 3 weeks ahead of where I thought I might have by now which is OK and I'm still viewing that as a buffer for when it slows down or stops.

Last week I did indeed buy/ eat no snacks at work!

Little wins 🖤

Does anyone have experience with those 10.000 steps workout videos on youtube?
No, I'd be interested too! My friend really rates Get Fit With Rick, and I do like the format (not sure if he does 10k tho).

• Heart

Eenymeenyminymo

VIP Member
I’m having a bit of an off plan weekend due to lots of social fun going on, I still went to the gym and parkrun yesterday and will go for a walk today but not CC until Tuesday.

I’ve fallen off the wagon this week… after months of eating good I had a Carvery Wednesday, all you can eat world buffet Friday, lots of alcohol and party food Sunday and a hangover breakfast and kfc today 😓

I’m not happy with myself but going to get up and drag myself to the gym in the morning x

• Heart

marjan

Chatty Member
Here's what I ate yesterday:

B: slice of bread with butter and hagelslag (I'm Dutch haha)
S: a slice of cake because it was my coworkers birthday
L: 2 slices of bread with a cheese mayo salad
S: an orange and a muesli bar
D: pesto pasta with parm flakes :)

Total calories: 1854 eaten and 614 burned
Drank 2 cappuccino's and about 1.5L of water

uokhun92

Chatty Member
I fucked up already yesterday and went for a few beers with my dad in the afternoon. Told myself I would have lime and soda but I am weak willed 😅 still cooked my healthy tea as planned and didn’t have any crisps etc at the pub so it wasn’t terrible. Still annoyed with myself like but could have been a lot worse, back on track today!

I can’t stand this miserable weather. I’d love to go for a walk but it’s pissing it down. Don’t fancy the gym as I want to spend time with my partner and he goes to a different one.

• Heart

Some People!

Chatty Member
OK, I'm in!

I'm 39, 5' 11'.
Starting weight (17/08/22): 114.3kg /251.9lb
Current weight (24/08/22): 113.4kg/ 250lb
Christmas goal weight (21/12/22): 103.5kg/ 228.1lb

Weight down: 0.9kg /1.9lb
Weight to go: 9.9kg / 21.8lb

Oblig intro: over the first lockdown I lost about 30kg (66lb), put back on a load, and now I'm creeping back down to where I was. I started tracking things a bit more properly last week with the intention of weighing in on Wednesdays.
My Christmas goal is pretty conservative (for me) and I view it more as a minimum I could be OK with. I tend to lose this range of weight a bit more quickly than this goal suggests - the real struggle starts at around 102kg.

I'm hoping to try a new cardio class and aquarobics at least once a week (if funds allow) and lots of walking.
Food wise, I'm vegetarian and just a greedy bottomless pit of a person who is time poor and money poor too. I don't tend to track calories, but I have a fair idea of caloric values.

Ultimately I've a wedding to go to next August that I really, really need to feel OK at, so I'm in this for the long-haul.

Spoke

VIP Member
I’ve been doing some weightlifting based on an instagram account (@kelsgracefit) which is really helpful for a beginner.

Yesterday was reformer pilates, I’m definitely feeling stronger! However yesterday was still super tough - even the more experienced in the class were sore during some parts.

I’ve started tracking inches on another app (I love an app what can I say) because I’m not seeing much visible change yet and I don’t want to be demotivated by it. Only just started so only one entry, no point doing it every day.

Yesterday:
B: Weetabix, chia seeds, apple, oat milk
L: Chicken salad baguette, iced coffee, little pot of jelly
D: Vegan pizza express (at home)
S: Hummus and pitta, grapes
E: Pilates class
Cals: 1,795

Today:
B: Weetabix, oat milk, fruit and nut bar
L: Hummus, cucumber, pitta
D: Fish fingers, salad, pitta bread, sweet chilli sauce
S: Grapes
E: Arm weightlifting
C: 1,515

Felix08

Chatty Member
Can I join?
Ive tried every diet under the sun but it doesnt work because I cant stick to it. I tried Saxenda but hated it.
Im 1.68 and weigh 76 kg want to lose about 8

JSquared

VIP Member
Motivation is a tricky bitch 🙄

I find I'm most motivated in the morning so I try to get in a 1.5 mile walk then, either at 0530 from home or I get to work a little early and do it then. That tends to keep me on track for the rest of the day too, so as not to undo that.

I'd love to have more energy, motivation and commitment at a more convenient time but I have to be honest with myself and say I'm really unlikely to do anything much after work, so sneaking around in the wee small dark hours it is.
Im going to rejoin the gym and make sure I go with my partner on our lunch breaks. I know if he goes, then I will to. Well… usually 👀🤣

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Think I'm going to gain this week. I'm 1.5 lbs up from last Sunday although I did have a curry last night so some of that might drop off. If I gain 0.5lbs I'd be over the moon because last week was a big loss so over the two weeks I'd still be down about 1 lb a week which is what I aim for. Have barely moved this week, now it's getting chilly I don't want to do walks anymore!

Helmac79

Chatty Member
14.4. Really annoyed but motivated to get out of this rut.
Was this exact weight 2 years ago, after calorie counting. Avoiding processed foods and keeping active I thought I'd cracked it and was in a healthy bmi range and felt great. Long covid has put me firmly back to square one so here we are. Have downloaded nutracheck, off I go again 😩😂

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I have missed this thread as I forgot to put it on watch!! Will try to contribute throughout the week ❤

lokp0009

VIP Member
I haven’t posted for a couple weeks. 3 weeks ago I’d had a really good week and put on a pound! This is something that happens to me quite often, lose when I don’t expect to and put on when I don’t expect to. Thankfully my mental health was in a good place so I didn’t spiral. I was away last week so didn’t weigh in and wasn’t expecting much this week as my time away was VERY boozy. However, I’ve lost the pound I put on and an extra pound! I’m now down to 158 so not the 155 I was hoping for my holiday next week. I’m hoping to just not gain too much next week as my next goal lol

• Heart

peppyb

Hi all! Joining in 😊😊.

Start weight - 12st 9lbs
Current weight - 12st 4lbs
Goal - 11st

B - Costa express white americano and a fiber one cake bar.
L - 1 slice of sourdough bread with a runny boiled egg and a skinny crunch bar.
D - Sausages, mash and veg with gravy.
S - Cornetto, a serving of pinballs and a cuppa tea.
Total - 1368kcals

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I've totally given up with the challenge tbh 🙈 but have been maintaining my weight so I'm okay with that. My head just isn't in it at the moment. Not sure if it's the weather or my depression or what.
I'm the same. It's too cold to weigh myself 😬 so I've no idea what I weigh. I'm just trying to eat warming foods and stock up my freezer with nutritious meals, which are probably low calorie, ready for when I can concentrate on dieting properly. Next week is supposed to be when supermarkets reduce their veg prices so I can really get some good meals made for the freezer.

• Heart

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Thought I'd join this thread for hints, tips and motivation.
I'm 5ft 9. Started at 16 stone 4. Currently at 14 stone 13. Aiming for at least another 10lbs off before christmas. Just calorie counting at home. Weigh day is Friday so will see how this week goes.
Even though I've lost 1stone 5lb (19lb) I can't see or feel a difference yet. My jeans aren't any looser, face doesn't look slimmer so we keep chipping away.
Currently at 14stone 8 🥳🥳🥳
2lb loss last week and 3lb loss this week.
Well on my way to my goal of 10lb off for Christmas. Only 5lb to go. After years of slimming world then binge eating calorie counting has finally stuck 🥳

• Heart

uokhun92

Chatty Member
Scales showing a 3lb loss this week, think I was maybe retaining some water last week and it’s evened out, so that’s 3.5lb off in total. Only 6lb to go until I’m in the 10 stones so looking doable before I go on holiday in March 🤞

• Heart