Winter Love Island 23 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking about those two old gossips Shaq and Tom when Ron pulled Casey for a chat. Shaq started up with 'Ron can talk really well. He always talks himself out of trouble' and Tom and Will were nodding away.
So whatever Ron had said they had already decided they wouldn't believe him.
Obviously it wasn’t nice AT ALL seeing how they were treating Ron tonight but I do wonder if they’re just not showing us everything as the majority of people on the show don’t seem to like him:
- Shaq, Tom, Casey and Will don’t like him and their other halves also don’t seem to like him;
- Aaron and Spencer both said they didn’t like him when they left the show;
- Martin said that Ron together with Tanya were the least trustworthy; and
- Zara said she didn’t think he was being genuine.

Tbh, I’ve always thought Ron seems alright and I like his whole cheeky chappy personality but just wonder what is going on that we’re not seeing?!

Reactions: 20
Obviously it wasn’t nice AT ALL seeing how they were treating Ron tonight but I do wonder if they’re just not showing us everything as the majority of people on the show don’t seem to like him:
- Shaq, Tom, Casey and Will don’t like him and their other halves also don’t seem to like him;

Tbh, I’ve always thought Ron seems alright and I like his whole cheeky chappy personality but just wonder what is going on that we’re not seeing?!
Sometimes one person might not like someone and then everyone else will pile on and dislike that person and look for their own reasons. Many of these islanders aren’t likeable people, especially Aaron, Casey and Shaq, so I wouldn’t even trust whatever they had to say.

Reactions: 20
Every time I look at Sam Thompson, my face contorts in total confusion and wonderment when I realise he’s bagged Zara McDermott. He just ain’t fit in the slightest, he’s actually pretty cringe, looks like a mad scientist or the guy who plays the triangle in a tit indie band.

And don’t quote me saying “but he’s rich!!!” I know, but STILL.
Bagging Zara isn’t anything to be bragging about…. She’s an arse 😂

Reactions: 12
OMFG The daily mail is saying that Olivia (who was an extra in eastenders on an episode in January which would have been filmed last Nov or Dec) hooked up with Max Bowden aka Ben Mitchell from Eastenders when she was an extra on the set! apparently he was impressed with her and they went back to his dressing room and shagged and kept in touch via dms afterwards, I'm bleeping screaming this makes my previous comments about 10 year old ben mitchell saying ''you need slapping down'' to Olivia so much funnier , but also so bleeping gross, not a pairing I'd put together, she's a clout chaser and hat Max has a rep for going through women like tissues, barely had his girlfirend knocked up before he ditched her for Whitney and then dropped her and shagged Olivia

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Yes good points but could somebody really hide an unpleasant side being filmed for so long?
Plus the three most benign people in there - Kai, Sanam and Lana - think he is OK.
I really did not like Ron at all, and he might not be being genuine - who knows - but he (as you said) was being treated horribly by the rest of them. And from what I could see for no good reason at all. Other than he isn't one of the 'lads'. Kai isn't either but they wouldn't dare pick on him because he obviously does not gaf.

Reactions: 13
Casey and Shaq are vile. They're up there with Olivia in my opinion! If Ton was really vile I reckon we would have picked up on it as we've picked it up on all the others.

Even Keanan Is saying Casey is on a lads holiday! It's love island. Concentrate on yout own couples...

Getting mad just typing this. I can't stand Casey and I've said this from the start with his Gollum eyes!! The little prick!

Reactions: 8

Exactly it's all edited to show us what the producers want us to see. They direct the narrative. Viewers don't get the complete context sometimes either. He could be a massive dick in there and we don't see it all. He could also be the sweetest too. Lana could be totally different too but they don't show it. The other housemates the same. We know from previous housemates that the producers cut real arguments and step in because things not fitting with what they want. That article with Jay from last year said that at times boys and girls are separated for hours so producers don't miss any conversations etc. It's obviously not filmed 24hrs like big brother because if it was then they wouldn't miss stuff. It's totally manufactured. Not one of those housemates have gone in there looking for love, just deals and upping their public profile. I just try to take it with a pinch of salt eventhough it winds me up with certain things.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Plus while they’ve had some nice moments I don’t think they’re that deep.
I know we don’t see everything but what we do see, of them, they’re always bitching about everyone else. They need to focus on their own relationship.

I don’t know how they came off so lightly in that challenge the other day. You can tell they came out of it thinking they’re amazing and that the public loves them.

Reactions: 6
Tom comes off as an airhead. How did they place on most intelligent couples?
---
They are trying to give Ron the Jake treatment and he's not having it. Leave him to it, Lana's gon' stick beside him.
Was it the word ‘platonically’ that he had never heard before in his life? Yes, he’s a thick footballer but his looks (and thighs) will carry him so I’ll overlook it!

Reactions: 3
as much as im not a fan of Ron, i have to say Shaq’s obsession with jumping at any given opportunity to hate on Ron with the rest of the villa is so embarrassing. Especially when it’s clearly a he said she said situation.

He took back Tanya after being publicly humiliated by her on national TV - he needs to keep quiet!!

ugh and Samie… we didnt even notice how twofaced she was while Olivia was still in there but WOW.. no shame!

Reactions: 16
I think that it is unfair that people don't want to move on from Shaq and Tanya's Casa Amor drama. Tanya did wrong, but they have moved on and seem happier than ever. He didn't even take her back straight away. They didn't speak for 3 days after she returned from Casa Amor. Besides Kai and Sanam, none of the couples have perfect histories.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I really think some of the boys are jealous of Ron, especially Shaq.
Not that’s there’s anything to be jealous of but how many times has the typical Essex boy sailed through and won. They’re definitely aware of that

Reactions: 11
I recommend listening to the My Pod on Paper podcast today. For those that aren't familiar, the host transcribes the dialogue as she goes along (and it's usually irritating as hell since you've already watched the episode) then records immediately after the show airs with a guest

Anyway, this episode was interesting because she has Ron's words written down. The podcast starts with both host and guest broadly sympathetic to Ron and thinking that Rosie and, to a lesser degree, Samie pretty much both lied.

However, as the podcast goes on and they read out Ron's words, then later the girls', they realise that they didn't actually lie at all. Some of what they repeat is verbatim, some a little bit exaggerated, but the essence of the conversations are true. Ron does use particular words he later denies using. The host even goes back and reads out the original conversations a second time just to clarify what Ron said.

By the end, they seem to come to the conclusion that Ron and Lana were so quick and effective at denying everything and telling the girls that they had misunderstood that the girls (and viewers!) end up confused and questioning what was actually said.

Anyway, I think it's well worth a listen today. So many people are calling Rosie and Samie blatant liars, but Ron did indeed say much of what they said he said.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
However, as the podcast goes on and they read out Ron's words, then later the girls', they realise that they didn't actually lie at all. Some of what they repeat is verbatim, some a little bit exaggerated, but the essence of the conversations are true. Ron does use particular words he later denies using. The host even goes back and reads out the original conversations a second time just to clarify what Ron said.

By the end, they seem to come to the conclusion that Ron and Lana were so quick and effective at denying everything and telling the girls that they had misunderstood that the girls (and viewers!) end up confused and questioning what was actually said.
I thought that at the time but didn't want to say because I doubted myself. I was so confused by the whole episode last night anyway. Rosie may not have repeated what Ron said word for word and exaggerated it but the implication was there. I don't really like Rosie but couldn't understand why Ron and Lana were backing her into a corner. Which was actually uncomfortable to watch. Playing her off against Casey. Then for Kai to say to the boys that she was lying. He wasn't even there when the first conversation took place. He's only heard it from Ron and Lana. The whole episode was horrid actually

Reactions: 4
I think that it is unfair that people don't want to move on from Shaq and Tanya's Casa Amor drama. Tanya did wrong, but they have moved on and seem happier than ever. He didn't even take her back straight away. They didn't speak for 3 days after she returned from Casa Amor. Besides Kai and Sanam, none of the couples have perfect histories.
Maybe people wouldn’t keep bringing up their casa drama if Shaq didn’t make silly comments.
He mentioned Ron possibly only making Lana his gf because people like Lana but what about him saying I love you.
He called Tom a big baby- pot kettle black

Reactions: 15
Shaq is just a joke, he had so much to say about Ron last night but is the biggest mug in the villa.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.