Winter Love Island 2023 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Tanya the one with the “ick” 🤨🤨..

Also looks like casa might be starting?? Don’t they normally take them out then the others aren’t there when they come back? Time for gamessss honeys
Yeah, she tells the girls that Shaq might be giving her the ick. If this is all it takes for her to be put off by Shaq, then she never had strong feelings for him.

Reactions: 13
Shaq+Ron:
Shaq needs to get his emotions in check. He is sometimes justified in his annoyance but in the scenario last night he went too far. I also thought he was going to give Tanya a hard time because her heart rate was raised by someone else. His face fell. It was a bit like the kissing challenge, it wasnt deep. He needs to dial down the righteousness
Ron is very irritating, Hes smug and bratty and the guys have tired of him. Kai's just not strong enough (or is more of a peacemaker personality) to say anything to him.

Olivia:
Keep her in, at least she's doing stuff, scheming and plotting and generally being a weird fish.

For Movie night:
Show the clip where Ron says to Lana 'im going to tell Ellie I'm closed off' and then he goes to Ellie and says 'Ive told Lana that I'm not closing off' or words to that effect
Tom saying Ron is slimey
Samie going to Tanyel about Olivia
Lana going straight to Tanyel about Olivia

What they should do to spice it up:
Bring back challenges that cause drama. Reddit comments, Tweets, headlines, who said what etc.
Play some music, give them a party, get them pissed
Do some speed dating where they're all made to go on dates with other people
More truth or dare games
Do you want a job? I think Love Island are looking for producers who know what they’re doing!

Reactions: 5
I’m so glad people are seeing through Shaq! He’s playing a game of targeting who he thinks are the ‘strong’ couples and trying to discredit them.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Shaq doesn’t like Ron because he’s a prick… so what if it was personal? He doesn’t like him 😂
I agree with the "so what?" Everyone is going to meet someone that they don't like at some point, it's inevitable and doesn't have to be a big deal. It'll obviously be harder to deal with if you have to live with that person and share a bedroom but it still doesn't have to be a big issue. I actually think the producers make stuff like this a lot worse by forcing chats. If Ron and Shaq were just able to each go about their business as normal they'd probably just stay out of each other's way and it wouldn't be an issue. But they're constantly forced to have these all-male chats and to discuss personal things that you wouldn't want to talk about with someone you don't like, which is bound to make any tension between them worse.

I think the tensions between Olivia and Zara & Tantel were made worse for the same reason. I agree that Olivia is a witch and created the issues, but it was made worse by the others not having the option to just stay away from her.

Basically I hate those morning debriefs and I'm convinced that they're ruining the show 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Maybe she sees Liv and Lana having issues with him and doesn’t wanna get on their bad side
that's so sad, did she forget "this is love island not friend island." I mean I agree Shaq maybe didn't handle it the best way but my god Ron, Lana, Olivia - they all suck. And if Tanya's willing to dump Shaq because she'd rather keep those three by her side then she's not good at choosing company.

Reactions: 9
that's so sad, did she forget "this is love island not friend island." I mean I agree Shaq maybe didn't handle it the best way but my god Ron, Lana, Olivia - they all suck. And if Tanya's willing to dump Shaq because she'd rather keep those three by her side then she's not good at choosing company.
She can’t like him very much because she could’ve always chosen to say I’m not getting involved or taking sides - she could choose to be neutral 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I’m so glad people are seeing through Shaq! He’s playing a game of targeting who he thinks are the ‘strong’ couples and trying to discredit them.
This makes no sense to me. If Shaq wanted to ruin the couples, he wouldn't have told Ron off for how he was treating Lana. He would have just let Ron mess up.
---

She can’t like him very much because she could’ve always chosen to say I’m not getting involved or taking sides - she could choose to be neutral 🤷🏼‍♀️
TBF, I don't think that Tanya disagrees with Shaq calling Ron to help clean up. I think she just feels like he was rude and extra about how he dealt with the situation.

Reactions: 9
I know people who used to work with Casey and apparently he is exactly like he is on live island. He’s popular and a genuine bloke- really easy to spend time with and a really nice energy to have around. He couldn’t be fake if he tried apparently.

Yes the same. Something about Casey I’m not sure on. I really hate Ron and Lana but I don’t think Casey is as nice as he makes out

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is Tanya the one with the “ick” 🤨🤨..

Also looks like casa might be starting?? Don’t they normally take them out then the others aren’t there when they come back? Time for gamessss honeys
Casa will start on Sunday. That photo is from before the dumping as all of the girls are still there.

Reactions: 4
Is Lana that stupid? Not knowing what an underdog was or what tomfoolery meant 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Shaq needs to wind his neck in now. It’s getting tiresome how he’s dadding everyone (to quote Haris 😂). Needs to pack it in. Noble at first, sanctimonious and overstepping now.
As much as I don’t particularly like Ronald, he isn’t machiavellian, or problematic like Luca.
I really like Claudia.

Reactions: 2
Yeah I don’t like him either and I actually prefer Ron over Shaq. The thing with Shaq is that he’s always coming after Ron, telling him off for how he treats Lana but what about how he treats Tanya? He made a big deal out of that kissing challenge and tried fighting Harris regarding Tanya so he isn’t perfect himself either and when Tanya told him off for how he spoke to Ron he didn’t want to hear it. He wants everyone else to listen to what he has to say but he won’t listen whenever anyone critiques him. His behaviour is way off, him influencing Jordan about not choosing Tanyel, kikiing with Olivia about Tanyel, always critiquing Ron but keeping silent when Tom was playing Zara and Olivia and he never once defended Zara, not even when Aaron came for her, instead he makes a joke and gets everyone to laugh which was uncomfortable. Also, most of the time when someone does the cooking, it’s better for the other person who didn’t cook to do the cleaning. Ron was probably feeling tired so Shaq needs to stop parenting him.
Thank you for this!!!!! This is exactly it...
I don't know what everyone else is watching who don't agree with this lol. (It's a joke I understand we all have different opinions before anyone comes for me)! 😂

I feel like Ron and Luca are so different. They’re only being compared because they’re both insufferable, but they’re insufferable in different ways. Luca was crazy possessive, but my issue with Ron is he’s always chatting tit. They both came in with the agenda to win, but Luca’s strategy was to stay loyal while Ron says one thing to Lana then another to everyone else. That’s what annoys me about him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know people who used to work with Casey and apparently he is exactly like he is on live island. He’s popular and a genuine bloke- really easy to spend time with and a really nice energy to have around. He couldn’t be fake if he tried apparently.
I guess we’ll see really won’t we. Just sense something with him . I hate Ron and Kai more though 😂

Just seen first look and not caught up here yet . I am with shaq. There is something going on and Ron is worse than they are showing us. But if Tanya wants to talk to shaq it should be them two. Not Lana joining in to belittle him. Nothing to do with Lana. Hope shaq moves on in casa
---

This makes no sense to me. If Shaq wanted to ruin the couples, he wouldn't have told Ron off for how he was treating Lana. He would have just let Ron mess up.
---

TBF, I don't think that Tanya disagrees with Shaq calling Ron to help clean up. I think she just feels like he was rude and extra about how he dealt with the situation.
She’s kissing arse with Lana and to keep in with the cool crowd by being fake and calling shaq out . Even though she agrees with shaq. Tanya is annoyed that shaq is blowing apart the clique she’s trying so hard to form and be apart of .
---

Maybe she sees Liv and Lana having issues with him and doesn’t wanna get on their bad side
This . It’s all about the friendship group and she’s never been into shaq anyway imo
---

I don’t think Shaq did anything wrong tbh, Lana is just one of the more popular ones (in there at least) and they’re so far up her and Ron’s arse that what Shaq did is being blown way out of proportion. And cos Tanya doesn’t want to be ostracised like Zara and Tanyel, she jumps on the bandwagon and sides with Ron essentially (who may as well be Shaq’s opp.) I don’t blame him for being annoyed with her for not backing him, but Tanya knows if she didn’t agree that his behaviour was out of order, the others will turn on her too. So, she has to appear to find a problem with it - or she’ll be cast out and villainized the way they’re beginning to do to him.

What Shaq did wasn’t necessarily right but it also wasn’t that deep, and hey I’m biased because I really don’t like Ron, but now they’re running a bit with the everyone-against-Shaq thing. Shaq doesn’t like Ron because he’s a prick… so what if it was personal? He doesn’t like him 😂 and why should he, he’s insufferable? He gets on my nerves as well, can’t imagine having to live with the guy 🤦🏼‍♀️ so I’m actually team Shaq on this one.
This agree with every point . I wrote similar before I read yours x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I think the beef with Shaq and Ron last night became a matter of principle for Shaq. It wasn't that there was enough of them to do the dishes it was the fact Ron just went off to chat and then basically said 'nah, I'm not doing it, there's enough of you'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Shaq's behaviour got a different response from me. Earlier in the day Ron was moaning about there being a divide in the villa so I thought Shaq was mostly making sure that Ron joined in with the boys and they all cleaned up the kitchen together.

I didn't take it as Shaq telling Ron to do the washing up, rather he was telling him to join in with the others as part of a team.

It's always interesting to see how different people interpret what we're shown each episode though.

Reactions: 15
Yeah, she tells the girls that Shaq might be giving her the ick. If this is all it takes for her to be put off by Shaq, then she never had strong feelings for him.
But I don’t think that Shaq and Tanya are very well suited. Tanya is free-spirited and kind of playful and flirty and Shaq is this intense, possessive guy who’s also a bit hot headed. I don’t see them lasting outside at all. Beyond physical attraction, I don’t consider them to be compatible.
---

I didn't take it as Shaq telling Ron to do the washing up, rather he was telling him to join in with the others as part of a team.
It’s not Big Brother though lol

Reactions: 3
But I don’t think that Shaq and Tanya are very well suited. Tanya is free-spirited and kind of playful and flirty and Shaq is this intense, possessive guy who’s also a bit hot headed. I don’t see them lasting outside at all. Beyond physical attraction, I don’t consider them to be compatible.
---

It’s not Big Brother though lol
That whole scenario really reminded me of big brother, just shows how much more it would kick off if they didn't get everything done for them!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.