Winter Love Island 2023 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the bright side we’ve finally got some Scottish and Irish representation this season 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11
In the other years when people have brought this up I’ve always said no but this series, I actually think it might be.
That’s only if they don’t make some huge changes:

-older contestants; 25+ realistically
-no influencers
-no famous people’s kids
-less over production e.g no “morning gathering”, no constant chats about “vibes”/“where is your head at” etc
-more natural conversations/normal conversations
-the main show to be more like “the best bits”
-more original games such as tweet challenge/headlines/who said this
-less predictable dumpings
-more alcohol but not stupid amounts
-play them music for gods sake
-let them Dress how they want with their own clothes

It’s far too over-produced now. It’s a shame as well because it was such a good programme
I completely agree with all of this, however the one thing I never understand is when people (in general not specifically you!) say Love Island should cast 'normal' people and not influencers or wannabe influencers. Even without the producers scouting people, 99% of those that apply for Love Island ARE wannabe influencers or people who want a career in the media because it's an easy foot in. Very, very rarely would I say any of them are applying for the sole reason of finding love.

Although someone is going to be more likely to be looking for a relationship and wanting to settle down at 26+, I don't even think having a minimum age or only casting people who applied and have common/normal jobs would fix the show. Everyone knows now what being on Love Island can do for you career wise and that is what has ruined it.

It will never be the same as it was in season 2, but if they went back to that style of production/everything you mentioned above it would at least make for more enjoyable watching even if the cast are only after a media career.

Reactions: 8
Do we think any of them will get to 1 million followers this year? To be honest by now I would’ve followed a few of them on Instagram but have only followed tanyel and that’s only since she left!😅

Reactions: 3
ngl i'm glad ellie is out since i'm not watching anymore, the only thing i would have missed was laughing at her outfits 😂

what if will pulls a curtis and falls madly in love with a girl in casa within a day 🤠
My friends kept messaging photos with comments like "Ellie wearing a bleeping awful outfit.... again....is this her aesthetic"? Looooool

So I'm happy I don't have to look at her outfits in the gc

Reactions: 2
Well it seems we have missed some things in the heart rate challenge that would have been entertaining, guess the show is only an hour long.

Why the filters on Tanyels stories, like we’ve watched you with no filter for how long.. crabs me so bad 🙄

Reactions: 7
duck sake Casa is gunna be dead then 😬🤣
I just can’t see any of the girls or the boys heads turning

Reactions: 4
They may as well not bother with Casa this year. Nothing ground breaking is going to happen. It’s like they’ve enlisted all duds (main islanders & Casa islanders) for this winter edition. They needn't have bothered with the whole thing, just a very dry watch.

Reactions: 6
Wtf is with the lighting that photographer uses to do all their promo shots or whatever they’re called? It’s like when you go into a fitting room and see the audacity of the reflection staring back at you. You know you look better IRL but the illusion is ruined 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
At the shambles that is the Brits, Maya let it slip that she’s back at Love Island on Monday. Definitely wasn’t meant to say.

Reactions: 11
Olivia will probably encourage Samie to stray at CA so she can go back to Tom. It will be part of their journey

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.