Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Teenytot

VIP Member
Gosh the meg and Harry threads are lethal🙄 and full of misinformation, they’ve taken snippets from the interview and totally changed the narrative. Why such hatred for them but none for Kate & wills? Iv always thought Kate looks absolutely miserable

Reactions: 17

peradetlic

VIP Member
No but there should have been people briefing her properly. She got herself in a pickle on her first engagement with the Queen because she didn't know what side of that car to get into. That must have felt so embarrassing. That is the sort of thing l would have thought she would be informed of.

She is alleged to be a bully. I want to hear a bit more before l form an opinion.
I agree. Maybe there were people. Question is did she listen?

Today I finally realised what pxxxes me off about her. Woman in her 30ies portrays herself as naive ingenuine from a french cloister, like some Jane Austin heroine.
C'mon!
Never heard of google?!? I completely agree. She had a team of publicists, agent etc who did the search. She maybe stalked IG or FB or twitter:). I cyber search kid's potential boyfriends and she, little simple girl, didn't know anything about him or his family.

That is so humiliating for me as a woman, to have an adult woman playing such games. Than is not a sign of empowered feminist, for me that is a sign of serious issues.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I’m unsure what else they can do. People call them lazy and want them to be seen working more - the you tube channel is a way of increasing visibility so we can see them working (I use working in a very light sense of the word). They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Cooriedoon

Chatty Member
I want to say it’s not true because I think Kate just seems so devoted to her family and it would be heartbreaking for her if true.
Story on blind gossip just now about it.

• Sad

SmeatonsStar

The royal family thread is so critical of William and Kate, saying they’re lazy etc but how do they know? Sure you can read number of engagements online but how do you know about how much work and preparation they put in behind the scenes?!
👋 Hello, is that you Carole Middleton? 😂

How much prep would you need for an hour on Zoom each week?

• Haha

Ponponpon

VIP Member
I love Kate. Met her at an RMP event a few years ago and she was honestly lovely and genuine. I get angry when people say horrible things about her as she seemed so genuine and kind and actually listened to all the military wives and what he had to say. I think George was about a year old and when someone Asked her if it was nerve racking announcing George’s birth and how she looked amazing after giving birth and Kate looked really sad and said “ I felt like the world was judging me for looking the way. I didn’t feel good inside but if I came out in my slouchy clothes I would have been torn apart” which is so true. I feel she does so much for the royals and is such a positive role model despite what you might think
Oh 😭, but unfortunately so true. I'm not surprised she didn't feel good on the inside, but knew what she had to do for duty. I do feel for her in that way.

She really is in a no win situation, she looked incredible after Louis and was slated for just how good she looked!

I really like her. William picked well and he's a fool if he ever hurts her or lets her go.

A few years ago I recall a royal photographer saying that Kate was actually more beautiful in real life and that the camera didn’t do her justice, whereas the opposite was true of Diana, she was more photogenic.
I just wondered if you thought the same when you met Kate.
Random thing for you - my mum said you're either photogenic or beautiful, and said I'm photogenic! 😂

• Haha

Mayday

VIP Member
I don't think its true - a lot of the stuff about the Royals with all of these 'rifts' and stuff seems made up to me. Its always claims from an 'anonymous source' or 'insider'. Like the kind of thing you'd see in a gossip mag like Heat or something.

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
Harry
The idea of spoiled brat Wills even shaving his own moustache is hilarious.

The same posters who cry feminism here are in other threads attacking Megan, who has always worked, and Harry, who's brave enough to push out on his own and yes live a normal life without scrounging for ladies in waiting and paid staff to shave his bollocks for him.

We need a reality show with these two couples.

One California based Fresh Prince of Buckingham Palace, showing Harry being a hands on dad and changing nappies, doing normal things like going to the supermarket. The other the Real Househusband of Windsor, William wandering the corridors of a palace yelling for someone to put his toothpaste on the toothbrush for him. Kate in the background getting her hair blowdried and screaming at the nannies when Charlotte tries to come in the room to take a look at Mummy's hair.
Harry “brave enough to push out in his own”, citing Mummy’s money & the fact that Tyler Perry lent them his mansion while moaning that the RF won’t pay for his security. Brave?! I need a medal in that case!

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
It was a lovely gesture and I’m glad she did it, but it did seem off that she wasn’t wearing a mask when everyone around her was. In that respect it seemed a bit calculated, like she needed to be seen there. So I’m torn. I’m glad the visit went public but equally, she could have attended in a mask and it would have been a truly private visit.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
I don’t know much about the brother but it is odd considering how hard their parents worked how little Kate & Pippa (I think) worked. Who would put themselves out there to be called “Waitey Katie” could she not have worked in the family business. Perhaps it’s because they wanted to be more like their upper class friends who presumably don’t work.
Kate worked for a little while here and there but I suspect Carole got in her ear and told her to drop it all in case William wanted her to go running - they played the long game for the prize and they got it. I agree that her marrying into did wonders for all of them - pippa got a billionaire husband her brother is marrying some French aristocrat. Carole really is no different to Kris Jennet when you think about it

rosdene09

Still don’t believe a word of this story mainly because William and Kate always look so happy together. I can’t see him shagging her best friend while she was pregnant and have never seen Kate looking unhappy since she’s supposed to have found out.

I think you're being incredibly naive, its well known that William and Kate had a rocky relationship from the start and she was never his first choice, hence why he waited so long to marry her. Also these people have media training endlessly to ensure that they always look happy to the outside world to avoid tabloid scrutiny, Kate wouldn't let herself be pictured looking miserable at events because she knows she would face a telling off for it. Your posts about Meghan are also very harsh in my opinion, I'm not her biggest fan either but to imply her PR team orchestrated this situation against the future king of England is a ridiculous claim, and surely her management has changed since marrying into the Royal family, its very unlikely that she would have her own separate PR team.

And why are you so insistent that there is no affair if you don't mind me asking? Do you work for Kensington Palace lol

• Heart
Reactions: 16

BorisBear

VIP Member
I like will & Kate based on what we see, but I do find the royal Fans weird, like the ones fawning over the kids at church. Taking a photo of themselves thrusting gifts to the children. Waiting wrapped up for the chance they might see a royal..

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I think the same but l wonder if it's a case of the grass is always greener on the other side.
I suspect the issue with the Royals and those with inherited wealth is they think the grass is greener because they have no clue what its actually like to worry about paying the Bill's or having to work when you dont want to or worrying about your kids schools and if they will get good enough qualifications, so all they see is people going about their business. In many ways we are all trapped in some way or another doing things we may not want to do. Harry was shocked he had to pay for his own security probably when he saw the bill and saw what was in his bank account had in it for the first time and had to tally it up, like most people know they have to do. I think people who have worked their way to wealth do know what it's like to have to do those things and value wealth more. Ironically they bring up kids who have no clue, like the Beckhams and even the Middleton's

Pennypennypenny

VIP Member
I listened to Kate on Gi Fletcher’s podcast. She sounds so lovely! I wish Gi had talked a little a less, though - Kate was too polite to talk over her, so lots of interesting sentences were cut off - and I wish Kate had elaborated on what she would have done differently with her babies, knowing what she does now about the early years.
Omg I really can’t abide Gi. I find her and Tom ridiculously smug and Gi especially, really faux modest

Vanillaco

VIP Member
The same could be applied to anyone, no?
I was abroad when the news William cheated on Kate with her own BFF. It was reported ALL over Europe but the UK? Silence. A few articlesbut largely very subdued. I returned a week later, I never saw ONE story in the British press. We need to remember the Royals DO have control over the British press to a large extent and can still wield some authority on stories being printed. Which is WHY its so fucked up Meghan’s abuse from the media went on for SO long.
Apparently the Cambridges used access to the children as leverage for the press not going too hard on the Prince Andrew story, which is obscene. They palace can control the narrative the press decide to print. They do it through bargaining with the press, which is why Harry is so pissed off at the press and the Royal Rota.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
One rule for them, one rule for everyone else as usual..... It irritates me when they're always playing the 'we're just like all of you' line. They're not; they use their position to gain things others can't in lockdown and they should be called out for it.
Yeah thats the most irritating thing. They are not like us. They get away with pretending to be like us because of the sycophancy of the British press who print nonsense about them homeschooling and working. I do 3 zoom work calls a day as part of my job, plus the prep and follow up, not one a week from stuff prepared for me, or however many they have done. If I had a paid live in nanny I wouldnt be supervising my kids myself! The press and especially that idiot Katie Nichol feed us this bullshit to keep the masses happy. Its an insult to working parents that these two are playing playmobil middle classes. Just shut up and actually do something instead of telling us why you cant do as much as other Royals, despite being the only ones outside the at risk age category apart from the Wessexes.

Rayne

VIP Member
The reason the job of Monarch can be done perfectly competently by a 94 year old is surely because it isn't onerous at all. There is no reason why they don't do as much as anyone else. Are they going to sit around until they are King and Queen before stepping up? That's ridiculous. They could be in their 60's by then if Charles lives as long as his parents.
Kate was moaning abut 'homeschooling' in lockdown even though whatever homeschooling she was doing, she has a highly educated nanny and staff on hand 24 hours a day to do every single other thing. If I had a nanny I wouldn't be supervising work given to my kids by their expensive private school, Id get her to do it. I think she was lying to make herself look like 'just another mum' when everyone knows she is not. I thought it was disingenuous. It annoyed me when I didn't really care what they did before.
I think it’s insulting to the Queen to say at her age what she does isn’t onorous. In 2019 pre pandemic she fulfilled 295 engagements at the age of 93.

• Heart
You would think after going through his own parents affairs and divorce he would be more devoted to his wife. Especially since it's a long relationship. Hardly an arranged for forced marriage.