Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
Conveniently an ‘off duty’ journalist was standing near the path she was walking on. I mean come on, its just a PR stunt. They are trying to make them relevant and make them seem like they are one of us. The royals are so protected. I doubt she could have randomly decide to go to clapham common without their security team assessing the risks.

Reactions: 20
It's shameful that William didn't express empathy for his brother and instead went straight into defensive mode.

The problem with that statement from teH qUeEn is that she has presumed to speak for the whole family. They are not a single unit, except when defending pedophiles. By making a statement that says recollections may vary they want to hide their hands and say they "misremember" when obviously there's not two ways to interpret a statement that enquires about your unborn child's skin colour.

People have said it is likely Prince Charles who made the statement, but I am sure it could also have been William. I'd have expect him to deny it was him or Kate but he hasn't. This truly disgusting family is exactly like the mafia. They will defend the most vile behaviour of their members as long as it fits their narrative.

Didn't Princess Anne wear a black head on a brooch when she met Meghan for the first time?
I think his response was appropriate. The statement from the palace already expressed the "sadness" and empathy for h and m from the whole family.

William would never say that it was not him or Kate that made this (alleged) comment -> then he would imply that someone else made it. We already know it wasn't PP or TQ and William would never hint at his father or Camilla.

Harry should have never made this comment publicly. Or if he really feels he needs to say this, then he should have put all the cards on the table and revealed everything - when was this conversation and who with

Reactions: 19

Carmen 6

VIP Member
Strangers shouldn't be allowed to hug anyone's kids.
Just because they are Royals, doesn't mean the children are fair game to be grabbed.
Asking for trouble imo.

Teenytot

VIP Member
Part of me pity’s Kate, wills seemed to have had all his fun and then married her because she fit the narrative. ( still seems to have his fun without her) I couldn’t live that life for all the money in the world, even down to that photo a couple of hours after giving birth😳 I see it as a fancy prison. Now maybe this is what she likes & wants but she’s a shell of her former self now and looks so unhappy.

Pinkblush

VIP Member
Of all the women william could possibly have an affair with rose wouldn't even make the short list. She's not discreet enough. Far too bohemian, and regularly indulges in swapping and sniffing too. Even harry wouldn't have touched in his debauched bachelor days.

Funny how there wasn't on whiff of an affair scandal around these (two bearing in mind how long they've been together) until meghan came in the scene.

vretch

VIP Member
I don't normally comment on Kate, Will or Harry but out of curiosity did Kate start writing her book first or was it Meghan?

I saw that Kate recently has been leaving copies of her book across the UK. Honestly I find it a bit much, its like they are constantly are trying to outshine/prove they are better than Harry and Meghan. Seems strange that as soon as Meghan released her children book, Kate is leaving her book everywhere with some letter in.
Total proceeds go to charity. Kate gets nothing out of it. I think it’s a great idea and people are really getting into it. It’s different, unique.

Everyone says that Harry & Meghan are retaliating to Will and Kate, but since the Oprah interview the PR has stepped up massive from Will and Kate.. the advert director who they hired for their 10 year anniversary video, if you're so in love as you claim, why not just family pictures and clips? Who are they advertising themselves to? Find it strange they do so little, a few self-serving commitments and her 'book' is a compilation of other people's photographs with her name slapped on it. They're trying to slap back after the interview, because they know the vast majority of the public are slowly turning against the royals
The Royals have a massive population swing upwards in Britain and the Commonwealth since that interview. Take a look at the polls.

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
Would Pippa have been able to snare her whale without Kate bagging the prince? I don't think so. Carole needed Kate to bag the prince as to boost the whole family and have them set for life.
Yes quite possibly. From my recollection Pippa seemed more into the Percy guy who I think was titled & quite good looking. Her husband seems to adore her which is nice. Vogue & Spencer as the in laws though, major downside!

I have to say there are things I really admire about Carole. Great figure, always very well turned out, loyal husband, three kids & most of all a very successful businesswoman which given the amount of businesses which fail is not to be sniffed at.

vikka

VIP Member
Anna Pasternak blew the gasket back in the day on the Diana/Hewitt affair. No one believed her, till 18 months later Diana admitted to it.
One of the things the Cambs sued for and Tatler had to redact was this: "Kate has become perilously thin, just like some point out – Princess Diana." Where is the lie?

Richard Dennen, editor in chief of Tatler, has from the start stood fully behind this article and even after the Cambs won has come out directly to say that he still stands behind "the article, Anna Pasternak and her sources". Richard is not only extremely well connected, he also studied History of Art at St Andrews with the Cambs together. I won't recount Richard's close friends, but they are at the top of British society and is close to, amongst others, the famous "Turnip Toffs", the Cambs alleged main social circle.

Another point in the article that was taken offence at was Pasternak writing that Kate has taken on a posh accent, again, where is the lie? Her with marriage new-found accent is often quite strange, Kate pronounces words like literally no one else.
Elocution lessons are fantastic, I don't even take offence at an accent change, I am a snob who thinks RP is the best accent, but Kate's is... I don't even know what to call it. It's not "the queen's English", that's for sure.

Another bit that had to be completely erased is this: "Then there's her 'Turnip Toff' crowd, the Norfolk Sloanes, including Sophie Carter and Robert Snuggs, who live near Anmer Hall. And the Cambridges' glamorous Houghton Hall neighbours, Rose Hanbury and her husband, the Marquess of Cholmondeley. "
Where is the lie and where lies the offence here? Why did this paragraph need to be erased?

A bit more on Kate and Richard:
"They were on the same art history course there, lived two streets away and even went to France together in 2004 while Kate was taking a relationship break from William.

They were so close he shared a cheeky photo he took of her at an airport eating a sandwich, with the caption: “Before life got serious and we still ate wheat and flew economy.” The Instagram post has since been deleted.

It is also believed he was a guest at her 2011 wedding and both receptions.
Dennen has said of Kate: “She’s very measured, very controlled.
That is perfect because you don’t want someone who’s going to be falling out on the Kings Road face down, wasted after a boozy session.
There was this nightclub that everyone went to called Boujis and she was famous for always nipping into the bathroom, checking her hair and make-up before she left because she knew there were photographers waiting outside.”"

But, okay, it's all a Meghan-led leak.
Wait though, "leak", that very much implies that an essence (the truth) managed to escape through a crack. So even if it were a "Meghan leak", where is the lie in the leak/article?
Further, the recent court cases have very much proven that the whole house of Windsor is full of shyte and that they all leak, constantly. William leaked about the Sussexes ("senior figure from the Cambridge household spoke to a journalist"), the Sussexes (esp. Meghan) leak like there's no tomorrow and famously Charles has also leaked regularly, since at least the 1980s to this day, don't even get me started on the Yorks. The Wessexes haven't been always clean, either.

I don't even get why literally everything has to become some "Sussex vs Cambridge" or "Meghan vs Kate" argument.

At the end of it, it doesn't matter who "the leak" is, what matters is the truth.

Btw, interesting to hear about the Cambs and the school, thank you for that @Uppompey !
I really like that as part of the curriculum boys and girls have ballet lessons! Made me instantly like the school 😂

Edit: Also, court-ordered or not, ultimately Tatler will appease the Windsors, as they don't want to be too alienating. At the end of it, Tatler is posh fluff and they don't want to make enemies amongst their own. So there's that.

Last edited:
  • Heart

cocoblush

Thats not how the publishing world works. The release will have been scheduled for months. Nothing to do with me-agains book.
^ Exactly this. I had a look at Kate’s Instagram post from 28th March 2021 where she opens a package to reveal the book. The caption states the book would be released on 7th May 2021 🤷🏻‍♀️. This shows it has been in the works for a some time and it wasn’t something that was cooked up overnight to rival Meghan’s children’s book.

• Heart

maxrigger

I never got people who defended them not working saying that they'll work when their kids are older or when the queen dies etc. Do people honestly believe that years of them being lazy and a light switch goes off and they're going to hit the ground running with engagements galore?

Kate has barely worked a day in her life to follow him around allegedly and William played pretend air ambulance for a while.
Barely worked ! LOL How long would you last being under the microscope 24/7/365? plus you don't play pretend air ambulance, your go through intense and rigorous ongoing training before they let you 'play' with a multi million pound air rescue helicopter and fly REAL life saving missions often in conditions a standard chopper pilot would not even dream of going up in.

• Heart

Tots

VIP Member
Not sure I’m comfortable with all this “skinny shaming” talk, would you all make the same comments if you deemed Kate to be overweight?!
It’s not kind and that comes from personal experience of being “too thin” at various parts of my life through no fault of my own.

As an aside, occasionally Kate wears slightly frumpy clothes but I personally love her coat dresses and hats and I’m the same age as her. She’s the future Queen Consort and dresses appropriately.

• Heart

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I couldn’t agree with you more!
The Kate bashing on this thread is awful. I think the Queen hugely struggled at the beginning with the burden placed on her and not being able to enjoy time with her husband and young children. I don’t think she wants that for her grandchildren so for William and Kate at the moment whilst their children are young, the focus is rightly on their family. When William is King, they will no longer have that choice but for now they do.
They still work hard as royals, they come across as extremely empathetic to me & kind and caring. They also seem happy as individuals and as a couple.
Charles and Anne were 5 and 3 when she became Queen. She buggered off to Malta for months without them even before she was Queen! She wasn't close to her children because she just wasn't close to them. William will likely not be King until the children are adults or at least teenagers. It's an insult to all working parents to believe their work is so difficult that they can't do it without neglecting their children! People have to work 8 hours a day and manage to bring up perfectly rounded children and be perfectly close to them, yet going to Wimbledon or going to a film Premiere or shaking some hands and asking inane questions for half an hour is so onerous it cant be done without depriving your children? The bollocks the Palace and Royal Reporters put out to justify this family existence! The work they do even as Monarch is not onerous, otherwise it would not be able to be done by a 94 year old.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

laurensanchez

VIP Member
I know emotions would have been all over the place with a newborn but why would anyone even care if the kids wore tights or not. Such a silly thing to argue over and its good that both settled that and put it behind them.
Its a shame that the press have portrayed it as kate being made to cry when it was the other way round.
I dont think Kate had more kids because Harry got a girlfriend, her and William made no secret of wanting a few kids.
I do suspect she felt threatened by the newcomer to the family though. She had a great relationship with Harry all along
Missed opportunity.

If they weren't so racist, those 4 could have been the two power couples to bring the monarchy into the 21st century. What a combo!

To be fair, she was 2 weeks post partum, but a week before the wedding, when the bridesmaids dress doesn't fit, why would you have a row about it? It has to be fixed otherwise her daughter would have looked stupid walking down the aisle with 2 billion people watching in an ill fitting dress! If she couldn't cope, she should have got the nanny to go to the fitting.
So if we really analyse this, people are saying that Megan was such a witch that she would not allow a seamstress to fix a child's dress? That sounds ridiculous.

The problem with anything involving these people is that commenters come in with their preconceived biases and anything can be spun to put a bad slant on it. No one can be a normal human with a range of emotions, it's either MEGAN BAD or KATE IS A SAINT.

Nevertheless, it was very nasty of Kate to allow the tabloids to slander Megan like that.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Let's make this clear.

Duchess Catherine > Meghan Markle.

All the Markle fans are almost always either Hollywood fanatics or leftists who think they're being good people by supporting a mixed-race woman.
There are also huge swathes of people who wouldnt have normally given a toss, but feel the need to defend a woman subject to huge amounts of abuse and ridiculous allegations on the basis of her being.I'm not sure what- an American and an actress and marrying poor mindless drone Prince Harry. Shes very annoying, yes, and a bit woke and was stupid enough to marry into the Royal Family and think she could make a difference, but the vitriol is really off the scale from the press and some people who seem obsessed by their hatred of her. The Royals dont need protection
They are really logically unjustifiable and have a huge PR machine including most of the British Press and establishment protecting them from any scrutiny.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Kate is back again talking about how shes ' exhausted' from home schooling and ' working' and how she cuts the kids hair! As if when shes clearly getting her own hair done! No way is she home schooling and what ' work are her and William doing that takes up so much time? It's all crap. If she was talking to me about all that bullocks and pretending she was ' just like me' I'd have logged off the call. What is wrong with showing empathy without lying? Even if she is homeschooling the kids full time herself, shes doing it through choice. She has a choice of getting the nanny to do it. Also, as if their private school isnt providing wall to wall online lessons and resources to them!

• Heart

Duchesspink

VIP Member
The mothers day cards to Diana really should have been kept private if it actually happens.
They are children who can't consent to things like this being shown to the worlds population.
My children don't do cards and pictures to my father who has been dead for 32 years. I would consider it extremely odd.
They know my father died when I was young and that he's their grandpa in heaven but that's as far as it goes.
I certainly wouldn't have them painting fathers day pictures and cards and writing messages about how they miss him.
How can you miss someone you've never met or shared experiences with?
They will hear about him as they get older of course but its odd to be focusing on the dead when the kids have never met him.

I feel it was a contrived stunt.
There's no reason why William couldn't have honoured his mother in his instagram. Maybe he could have done a montage of photos of Diana him and Harry. Given a message of solidarity and shown the shared history he and his brother have.

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Her whole family have secured a place in the history books just by being her family.

What I would hate would be the utter lack of privacy even in my own home.
You might think you are pregnant for example or maybe want to check your ovulation etc. Someone has to get you the equipment to do that. No nipping to boots for a quick preg test pack or being able to pick up your own hygiene products.
When covid came last year, I was doing shopping for a neighbour. Shes about 10 years older than me. One day she sent me a text saying she was dying inside to ask but could I please get her some pads for bladder weakness. She specified two types.
She didn't want to ask her partner and obviously wasn't able to be out herself.
When I took them to her, she said that she always bought them privately but couldn't get the ones she needed online for delivery.
I'm sure she hated me having to do that for her every week.
Its stuff like that, that I couldn't deal with.
Other people packing my cases and unpacking for me. If you period stain something, do you scrumple it up and bin it or is it left for someone else to deal with?
I could not cope at all with that.

• Sad

MUALover

Chatty Member
I've read a lot about Kate Middleton and her relationship with William. IMO William was not a good boyfriend - he dumped Kate / broke up with her multiple times during their courtship. Kate always took him back. The other girls William dated or pursued for example Carley Massey-Birch and Isabella Calthorpe all dumped William - some girls in part because William still had hots for a former girlfriend during his first few years at St. Andrews. Kate was the only one who put up with his behaviour. And she waited on hand and foot for William after college, going on vacations at the snap of her finger and not holding a full time job like ever.

At least Meghan is better. She stuck on her job at Suits until she got engaged. Meghan was making $500,000 a year before her marriage so...I'm not saying I agree with Meghan's behaviour after marriage but at least she actually had a job and could support herself well before. It's not easy to find a role on a TV show or to make it in Hollywood (not saying Meghan was A-list but she had some success).

I honestly believe that Kate followed William to St. Andrews. Maybe in the back of her mind, she knew that William would fall for her?? She gave up her position to Edinburgh to go to St. Andrews with no guarantees she would get in.

• Angry
  • Sick