Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tarahalls

Chatty Member
I like will & Kate based on what we see, but I do find the royal Fans weird, like the ones fawning over the kids at church. Taking a photo of themselves thrusting gifts to the children. Waiting wrapped up for the chance they might see a royal..
I thought it was so creepy that woman giving Charlotte a big hug 😬 I think the whole thing is weird when it comes to grown people fawning over the children 🤷🏻‍♀️ How long were they camped out there outside the church? Weird!!!

Reactions: 18

McStabby

Anyone else watch their thing with Mary Berry last night? They certainly came across better than the other two.

Approachable. Tick
Funny. Tick
Kind. Tick
Not making it all about them. Tick.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
I think gatekeeping how people grieve and judging how others keep their parents memory alive is more weird. Grieving is a personal process for anyone.

I’m a Kate and Will stan so I’m probably in the wrong place hahaha

vikka

VIP Member
Please dish more tea in Kate being a madam.

She has been like a Stepford wife in recent years...!
Like I've said a number of times (just saying this because I'm boring myself 😂) they've had a revolving door of staff for years, with a mix of complaints, being "over worked" and Carole being a cow to deal with. Like the gardener and his wife who were transferred to work for the Cambs (this was ca. 2011/2012) and after 6-8 weeks asked to be transferred back again.
Lots of stories of Carole acting like the lady of the house bossing staff around.
Stories of Kate and Carole out shopping and being shite, Pippa and Kate behaving like divas at a fashion show they were invited to and complaining that they weren't in the first row like Eug & Bea were at the same show (dating years), K demanding a 70% discount for her Audi when she was dating Will (as famously the Windsors only pay 30% for their Audis).
The Midds have also benefitted from this and taken on deals with eg Range Rover.
There's a story about Kate making one of the York sisters cry in a club.
When Kate did that "charity roller" thing, she invited the York sisters but didn't tell them it was fancy dress. I mean this sounds harmless, but imagine being invited to a party and it's black tie but you assume it's casual so you turn up casual but everyone's in posh garb.
There was quite some bad blood between the York and the Midd sisters and the stories were that the Midds were bullying the Yorkies (this was the dating years).
"Royal watchers" said the Yorks dressing so terribly for their wedding was their middle finger up towards K for the previous unkind years.
They seem to be on good terms by now.

I remembered some more, but am now drawing a blank.
The stories have dried up since marriage, unsurprisingly.

Oh and still the surprise of Catherine Quinn quitting last year or so, she was supposed to stay on longer but left and she was hands-down the most and best qualified staff member the Cambs ever had (till then). She was allegedly hired by Charles because he was pissed off with the Cambs, and Kate's dress and behaviour improved after CQ came into her household. No doubt CQ whipped K into shape, as well as Meg's arrival, as Kate's never behaved more professionally or as professional clothes horse dressed in a more profesisonal manner.

Kate also collaborated with journos when she was dating Will, Niraj Tanna was called to a photo op and was then sued for that same photo op (!!) after Will threw a fit over it and she was regularly on the phone with Katie Nicholl or Emily Andrews (I'd have to dig out old stuff to see which one).

Kate's never been this gracious good person her most recent sugars think she is and she was never the "quiet" gf who didn't collaboate with paps/journos.

What annoys me right now the most is that when the story was "Meg made Kate cry" M was a btch and that was further proof for what a terrible person Meg is, now that we know it was the other way round, there are all kinds of excuses for why Kate "may have" made Meg cry. ffs.
And if Meg had lied about this, there'd be a denial by now.
Kate seems to have a history of making her royal in-laws cry.

Sorry, I went a bit off and I don't think you got quite the answer you were hoping for!

• Heart

Ken Adams

@Suzesnooze then you should be well aware how depression affects different people in different ways and it's damaging to say that someone doesn't look depressed because you saw them laugh 🤷‍♀️

1001 others

VIP Member
All the people clutching their pearls about Meghan's "treatment" (her account anyway) really need to look up the nasty things that are said about Kate and her family on a daily basis. There used to be a forum called Royal Gossip that was shut down; it's since been resurrected to a point, with many of the same people spouting the most vile things. I will not repeat what has been said over there, but the allegations are extremely serious - far more serious than what Meghan alleges.

I don't think being front and centre is naturally in Kate's personality, but she is definitely making an effort. The likes of Sophie were always going to be better at it given she had a career in PR before she married in to The Firm. And of course Meghan was a natural show pony. Hence I'm of the opinion that it's not laziness per se, but reluctance and shyness on her part to be more involved. I could be wrong, but that's just how I see it.

freda19

VIP Member
Why are people referring to Oprah as Porka? I can only assume it's a weight shaming thing and it's bang out of order imho.
Why is it out of order? She said the sooner old white folk die off the better. That includes my parents and plenty of that age group who've done her no harm. Calling her porka is as nothing to her wishing people dead. In the grand scheme of things calling her porka is mild believe me.

• Heart
  • Angry

Chronically_knackered

I haven't really looked into the contents of it. Kinda thought she wrote some chapters in it about Covid, I now know that its a photograph book.

I just think the timing is suspicious, like they have chosen to show some on its content the day after Meghan has revealed her children's book. I like the idea of it, I'm sure it will go down in history of the pandemic.

the last 2 years Kate and Wills PR has been nothing but positive. Before Meghan and Harry not many people warmed to them and Kate had a lot of negative comments.
Thats not how the publishing world works. The release will have been scheduled for months. Nothing to do with me-agains book.

Duchesspink

VIP Member
The PR machine have been pushing the Cambridges this week to counter act the meghan and Harry claims.
I've seen a lot of stories about them which all help to portray them as the better of the two couples. Thats how the Palace PR machines work.
I've no doubt kate wanted to pay her respects and she could well have done a private phonecall or note to Sarah's family.
Going to the bandstand was an obvious PR move even if she only had good intentions, the PR machine would have been delighted to highlight it.

Hoohumm

I know emotions would have been all over the place with a newborn but why would anyone even care if the kids wore tights or not. Such a silly thing to argue over and its good that both settled that and put it behind them.
Its a shame that the press have portrayed it as kate being made to cry when it was the other way round.
I dont think Kate had more kids because Harry got a girlfriend, her and William made no secret of wanting a few kids.
I do suspect she felt threatened by the newcomer to the family though. She had a great relationship with Harry all along
Eh perhaps she didn't want her child to end up with blisters all over her feet from wearing new shoes bare footed on a warm day

• Haha

lilblinder

I like will & Kate based on what we see, but I do find the royal Fans weird, like the ones fawning over the kids at church. Taking a photo of themselves thrusting gifts to the children. Waiting wrapped up for the chance they might see a royal..
Even more bizarre when the gift they thrust onto Charlotte was a giant inflatable neon pink flamingo, bloody nutters queuing for hours then palming their cheap tatt off onto the royals 🤣

• Haha

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
Like I've said a number of times (just saying this because I'm boring myself 😂) they've had a revolving door of staff for years, with a mix of complaints, being "over worked" and Carole being a cow to deal with. Like the gardener and his wife who were transferred to work for the Cambs (this was ca. 2011/2012) and after 6-8 weeks asked to be transferred back again.
Lots of stories of Carole acting like the lady of the house bossing staff around.
Stories of Kate and Carole out shopping and being shite, Pippa and Kate behaving like divas at a fashion show they were invited to and complaining that they weren't in the first row like Eug & Bea were at the same show (dating years), K demanding a 70% discount for her Audi when she was dating Will (as famously the Windsors only pay 30% for their Audis).
The Midds have also benefitted from this and taken on deals with eg Range Rover.
There's a story about Kate making one of the York sisters cry in a club.
When Kate did that "charity roller" thing, she invited the York sisters but didn't tell them it was fancy dress. I mean this sounds harmless, but imagine being invited to a party and it's black tie but you assume it's casual so you turn up casual but everyone's in posh garb.
There was quite some bad blood between the York and the Midd sisters and the stories were that the Midds were bullying the Yorkies (this was the dating years).
"Royal watchers" said the Yorks dressing so terribly for their wedding was their middle finger up towards K for the previous unkind years.
They seem to be on good terms by now.

I remembered some more, but am now drawing a blank.
The stories have dried up since marriage, unsurprisingly.

Oh and still the surprise of Catherine Quinn quitting last year or so, she was supposed to stay on longer but left and she was hands-down the most and best qualified staff member the Cambs ever had (till then). She was allegedly hired by Charles because he was pissed off with the Cambs, and Kate's dress and behaviour improved after CQ came into her household. No doubt CQ whipped K into shape, as well as Meg's arrival, as Kate's never behaved more professionally or as professional clothes horse dressed in a more profesisonal manner.

Kate also collaborated with journos when she was dating Will, Niraj Tanna was called to a photo op and was then sued for that same photo op (!!) after Will threw a fit over it and she was regularly on the phone with Katie Nicholl or Emily Andrews (I'd have to dig out old stuff to see which one).

Kate's never been this gracious good person her most recent sugars think she is and she was never the "quiet" gf who didn't collaboate with paps/journos.

What annoys me right now the most is that when the story was "Meg made Kate cry" M was a btch and that was further proof for what a terrible person Meg is, now that we know it was the other way round, there are all kinds of excuses for why Kate "may have" made Meg cry. ffs.
And if Meg had lied about this, there'd be a denial by now.
Kate seems to have a history of making her royal in-laws cry.

Sorry, I went a bit off and I don't think you got quite the answer you were hoping for!
Can any of that be proven? Just because someone cries it doesn’t make them right.
I’m sure Kate isn’t a saint, who is, but in recent years she’s barely put an LK Bennett clad foot wrong, if at all.
The most controversial things about Kate seem to be (i) she waited around for William to marry her while doing nothing else & (ii) she wore inappropriate clothing at the start of her marriage (skirts blowing up). That’s literally all I can remember!

Reactions: 17

MUALover

Chatty Member
Kate takes a few mediocre photos of her kids, she has a chef and no doubt a PT, she's also naturally slender. She doesn't have an athletic body at all. She's slim.
To be honest, I don't think Kate is naturally all that thin. She had a very athletic figure in high school and in college. I dare say she looked healthier anymore natural back then. I think she puts a lot of effort into weight loss and dieting nowadays. This is a picture of her in high school and she's way thinner now than she was then. If a middle aged woman who had 3 children is thinner than she was in high school, I'm pretty sure she puts a lot of effort into her exercise and diet. TBH, I think Kate would look a bit better with a bit more weight.

Attachments

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Of course: the Middletons were eager social climbers. There is no question around that.

It is actually quite sad that both British Princes ended up marrying social climbers.

But still it is possible that both marriages are (very) happy. And it looks like that from the outside, both couples seem happy with each other in general
That is quite possible, and who knows what goes on in marriages? There are small children involved, so I hope both marriages last the distance, or at least a long time.
To be honest, who would marry into the royal Family if they weren't social climbers? Both William and Harry had girlfriends who had aristocratic backgrounds who they were desperate to marry. None of them wanted to marry them. They could and did marry anyone they wanted, have their own fulfilling career and not be stuck trying to remember who they have to curtsey to and when in their own family, or pretending to be interested in the plebs in return for being a brood mare for the Royals! Its probably only people who dont already run in those circles who would find that life desirable!

Duchesspink

VIP Member
I do think Meghan is casting herself into a Diana type role.
Even the video of Diana and Charles on tour in Oz being shown as a comparison to Harry and Meghans oz tour rang a bell immediately.

I dont believe for a second that she knew nothing of Harry and the BRF. They are known the world over and the only folk who know nothing of them are those tribes in the amazon that have no contact with the outside world.

I see Pippa had her baby yesterday. I wonder if Kate wishes she had Pippas life. Nice 17 million quid house, rich husband, no scrutiny on what she spends, she can come and go as she pleases.
Seems to me that Pippa hit the Jackpot and Kate has ended up in a gilded cage for the rest of her life.

sitkx

VIP Member
Ugh I do wish she had, but I don’t think they’re compulsory outdoors right? Probably should have one in her pocket just in case there were lots of people 😬
For me it just didn’t align with how she always wears one during all her other duties, but the ONE time something is done “on the DL”, she’s not covering her face (like her PR team specifically instructed her not to) 🙁 I’m not even bashing her, I genuinely like Kate, and I believe she herself is there for the right reasons, but I do think the RF is on massive positive-PR duty right now.

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
Didn't Princess Anne wear a black head on a brooch when she met Meghan for the first time?
No. If I don't know something I google it. It's easier than other people having to keep answering and consequently means that if I sneeze, I don't have to trawl through 250 papers of people saying untrue things and 250 pages of people responding with the truth. 😂

• Heart
same, working is boring, how can infinite money be boring?
I don't understand either. I would read books, travel, learn to play the piano, get a few horses, join a bridge club, join a sailing club, go golfing, go shopping often, create my own perfume range, write books (with the help of agents), learn how to cook exotic dishes, get a cute personal trainer, gossip with my many girlfriends over coffee and lunch, ....
the possibilities are endless