Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tittattattit

Chatty Member
Kate made a private visit to Clapham Common today to pay her respects to Sarah Everard. I have a huge amount of respect for her for that. I’m sure Camp Sussex will play it off as a PR stunt but her facial expression says it all to me.
There wasn't much private about it imo and it was never going to be so - Sarah Everard's case is the main story after all.

Good of her to pay her respects. But, it would also be known that it would drum up some good PR.

Both can be true.

Reactions: 16

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Kate is as dull as dishwater. Her wedding dress was dull, the evening wedding gown was like a kid in dress up. She shows no personality, her speech is dreadful with her over enunciated words. She clips each word and her voice tails off while she fills the gap with her hands gesticulating wildly.

I really struggle to understand what she says. I've heard her speak to people in interviews and her answers never seem to make sense or mean anything worthwhile. Instead of spending time learning to speak more posh than the Queen, she should use that time on learning how to connect with your audience and how to have them understand you

• Haha

Misfit

RE: the cards, I don't think its as weird as some people are making out. My daughter is about George's age and never met my Grandmother but shares a special connection to her as they share a name. She's told me she misses her and has written cards to her. If the Cambridges feel closer to Diana by writing cards, who are we to say they can't? It's sad that because Harry is constantly going on about his mother that William's family now isn't even allowed to mention her, on mother's day no less, or it's seen as tit-for-tat PR!

Vanillaco

VIP Member
It is common knowledge that she changed university and delayed entry by a year, its common knowledge that he broke it off with her several times, even though she did no work from the time she left university with a top class education so she could be available to William. There is pictorial evidence of him with his arms round other women and that he celebrated his ' freefom' when they split up. He picked her up and dropped her on a whim whenever he felt like it and she took it, willingly.

• Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
None of the royal women ever seem to update their hair styles either. Kate has had the 'bouncy brunette waves' for as long as we've known her.
The Queen has had that frosted helmut of curls all her life, and don't even get me started on the cottage loaf that Anne has had perched on top of her head for the past forty years!

• Haha

Reraciara

Chatty Member
But many 39 year olds in normal life don’t go to the type of engagements or events that she goes to?! Her non working clothes are much “trendier”. She has to look tailored and smart, regal and royal?
I disagree - There are women who have to dress smart for work in high positions and there are other royals who are of a similar age who dress a whole lot better than her and they too have to dress smart. See Queen Letizia below - looks smart and is stylish.

Attachments

• Heart
Yeah, I'm not sure. I'd like to say William hasn't got it in him, but I also think Kate would stick by him and just get on with things if he did ...
However, anyone is capable of anything so who knows... Plus pretty sure every male that's ever been in line to the throne has had extra marital affairs unfortunately

Reactions: 15

Tots

VIP Member
Yes, that’s the thing. Whether someone likes the dress or not is down to individual preferences, but the bra shouldn’t show - this could have been avoided
Yes I agree. I actually liked quite a few of Meghan’s outfits, I think she needed to have them tailored to fit better tho, not many people can wear off the peg as our bodies are all different. Kate has her clothes tailored to fit and it makes a world of difference. I’m a seamstress so this is my line of work.
Also a lot of Meghan’s outfits were too crumpled or not appropriate for the occasion. Same can be said of Harry’s crumpled linen suits and holes in his shoes. They were supposed to represent the country.

Same can be said of Boris and Nicola Sturgeon I guess, Nicola always looks immaculate and Boris looks like he’s just got out of a tumble dryer?

vikka

VIP Member
Can any of that be proven? Just because someone cries it doesn’t make them right.
I’m sure Kate isn’t a saint, who is, but in recent years she’s barely put an LK Bennett clad foot wrong, if at all.
The most controversial things about Kate seem to be (i) she waited around for William to marry her while doing nothing else & (ii) she wore inappropriate clothing at the start of her marriage (skirts blowing up). That’s literally all I can remember!
Well, can any of the gossip be proven unless time passes and people come out of the wood work?

We see now a number of stories being proven, as more recent example.

Yes, she has improved a lot over the last few years. It was high time. Before she couldn't even read cue cards without fumbling up, in the past couple of years she's shown great improvement overall.

In terms of controversies and often repeated criticims, yes, it is mostly her awful dressing early on (blown up skirts when even Liz and A Kelly wanted her to weigh her skirts and she didn't and we still got to see her bum), waiting, never working..

What also gets buried because of the scandal is back in 2012 the Cambs were due to attend the paralympics but said they couldn't as they had to prepare for their upcoming tour (which was a ridiculous excuse, but ok) and then they were papped on holiday in France. This was shite behaviour of them, as they were very present during the olympics, but the scandal over the topless pics overshadowed everything.

There are also stories of her being btchy at uni.

Pippa relentlessly going after the posh set in Edinburgh and leaving them invites. It worked.

My goodness, i am no surprised tbh, do you happen to have any more tea abut her ( btw we should maybe have a thread just for kate, i feel she's noooot an innocent as the media tries to show)
😂 She def isn't!
Sadly the palace has her well protected and there aren't many Camb critics on this board, so it's kinda harder to keep the talk going.

For some tea I recommend the Celebitchy comment section.

They are a bit too pro-Ssex for my taste (as I think those two have plenty of shite sticking to them as well), but there's good commentary on the Cambs and there seem to be a number of old timers who also remember the good old goss.
(and on the other hand it's nice to know a pro-Ssex site, as it's good to hear counter arguments, echo chambers are the most boring!)

Readread

VIP Member
Don't need to be old enough to remember. They're both a part of the history of the monarchy...

One thing that's been rumoured since the engagement is that the Windsors (even Liz and Charles) found out about W&K's engagement only on the day of the press conference/interview, but that the Midds knew for much longer.

I don't know whether anyone ever came straight out and said so or if it was only ever hinted, but in any case that rumour has been now confirmed in the docu special for their 10th anniversary.

It was also revealed that Kate went shopping for an engagement dress the day before the press conference, which is madness to me to leave it that late when you've been engaged for 3 weeks already and knew what was coming. She then had to resort to a dress she already had, as she couldn't find anything (you can never find anything good under last minute stress!).

Another rumour was that the ring was Harry's and he flipped a lid when he saw it on K's finger, as W allegedly took it out of the vault without asking. Since the old rumour about the Windsors not knowing anything till the day of the press conference has been confirmed as true, the chances that the ring rumours are true are quite high.
They spun the story as W asking H for the ring and H agreeing, but I doubt that (now). (so now H (Meg) has D's gold Cartier and W (Kate) the ring, when originally they chose the other way round after she died)

Considering Liz has to approve engagements, it's odd that she didn't know anything, imagine not telling your grandparents (whose approval you need by law) and your dad till you broadcast it to the world.
I don't believe that TQ only learned about the engagement on the day of the press conference. Didn't the press conference take place in Buckingham Palace? There would have been some planning, the camera crew etc would have needed passes, etc. And William most likely didn't invite the press himself, the staff would have done so and they would have discussed this.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Not to mention the countless staff that have no doubt moved in and become part of their bubble - heaven forbid they do anything themselves.
HM and Phil have a 'skeleton staff' of 22 for just the 2 of them, so Id imagine they have around the same. I highly doubt they have suddenly started cooking their own meals and cleaning their own house and doing their own laundry! Of course they still have staff to do all of that! And her hair is grey naturally so someone is colouring it. Doubt she has home colour kit.

• Wow

Ken Adams

When has she looked depressed and unhealthy? She has always been thin and she was laughing and joking with Harry last week. Hardly the actions of a depressed person 🙄
I don't have an opinion on whether she is depressed or not however this is a ridiculous and damaging argument. Depressed people are often perfectly capable of laughing and joking.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Will being "too correct", please... The stories are he's anything but. He's often went his own way and is said to be a bad character (acc to insiders, journos, and the public tiffs between him and Charles (and Harry)).
I don't like William at all. I think he's selfish, two faced and sly and would stab you in the back as soon as look at you.
Ever since Harry married Meghan, people seem to think that the sun shines out of William's arse and that he's this 'amazing' man with a 'perfect' family, and that he can do no wrong.

I think Harry's a bit messed up and confused and Meghan snared him when he was vulnerable, but I don't think he's a bad person. Personality wise, I think he's much nicer than William.

• Heart

Twizzler

If the internet and Stacey Solomon were any way to judge public opinions, the UK would still be in the EU with a labour prime minister and Donald Trump would never have been president. Instead the majority look at the people on Twitter just utterly perplexed by them. The UK, or at least England, is a conservative, traditionalist nation. Tony Blair had to basically be a red Tory to get Labour elected, I think the Queen would have to start a war before the people genuinely started to question the monarchy.
What gets me about Stacey Solomon is how she and other "influencers" are probably worse than the Royals. They flog shit they don't use or believe in to the public to buy and get money from that, have everything gifted so they can advertise to the public to buy at full price. They're all living in expensive houses that they probably couldn't even afford without the public yet don't raise awareness for charities or real causes (and if they do then its in between a swipe up)

Vanillaco

VIP Member
P

Or perhaps before each of them spoke to millions of people H&M could have clarified how many conversations took place & when because they both said different things. Most crucially even Meghan said she assumed racism with Oprah playing it up because that’s her role in this whole fiasco.
They both most know they ramifications of making such a serious allegation but they put it out there as an assumption. An assumption.
William played a blinder today IMO calm & collected. Harry is a loose cannon.

The difference between 40 hours a week for a regular Joe & them is the scrutiny though. That said they could probably step it up a bit even just for public perception.

Given the number of issues amongst the Queen’s children perhaps the Queen wishes she’d been a more hands on parents. 3/4 children are divorced. I think Anne is the only one who has been scandal free (although I may stand corrected on that).
They would have less scrutiny if they did something useful. The scrutiny is mainly around their workrate. Charles had set up the Princes Trust, Phil the DoE award, Harry Sentebale and Invictus all in their 30s and all after leaving the armed forces, yet William hadn't managed to do anything with anything as close to that impact. His family will benefit from the Royal gravy train continuing. No one else. Hes nearly 40 and he does what 150 engagements a year? Mostly with his wife, half of which are sporting events or entertainment things.

• Heart

MooMooG

If I was Catherine I’d have been fuming to have been given that cursed 80s monstrosity of a ring! I’d have made sure I got my own ring and a nice one at that.

• Haha
Is it really fair to compare William’s behaviour in his early 20s with Harry’s behaviour in his early/mid 30s?

People can mature and treat relationships differently as they grow.

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I think that rumours of an affair are untrue and extremely hurtful to William and Kate. They are clearly in love with each other and devoted to their family.