William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How about her rocking up to her first date with Harry wedding Diana’s favourite perfume? That is a a bit creepy?

Re the cards. My Father in Law died before I met my husband so our daughter has never met him. At Christmas my husband takes a wreath to his grave. He’s taken our daughter since she could toddle to say merry Christmas to her grandad in heaven. It may sound morbid but it’s a little tradition they have. Our daughter is 8 now (she’s a few months older than George). It’s a small way of remembering him and he was still her grandparent. Not sure I’d share on social media but I do get the want to make a connection.
Has the perfume thing been talked out elsewhere as its the first time I've heard it and if it's a popular perfume it's probably coincidence. While it's a bullshit she didn't know who he was this whole "She was obsessed with diana / the royals" thing is reaching.

Reactions: 6
Has the perfume thing been talked out elsewhere as its the first time I've heard it and if it's a popular perfume it's probably coincidence. While it's a bullshit she didn't know who he was this whole "She was obsessed with diana / the royals" thing is reaching.
Its the first I've heard of it too. It sounds like something made up by the same conspiracy theorists that doctored that photo.

Reactions: 6
I think the perfume thing comes from an interview she did in 2016 where she was asked about her favourites. One of the three was Wild Bluebell by Jo Malone and Diana often wore Penhaligon's Bluebell - I suspect it got twisted into something it wasn't.

Reactions: 8
It’s a gossip site so not sure I can deal up cold hard facts. The perfume was bluebell (not something I’m familiar with). Unsure if I heard here or elsewhere.

Most of what we say on here is here say and commentary?
I find it disappointing that any nasty comments about Kate do not require substantiating yet the tiniest smear on Megan is shot down as conspiracy theory.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s a gossip site so not sure I can deal up cold hard facts. The perfume was bluebell (not something I’m familiar with). Unsure if I heard here or elsewhere.

Most of what we say on here is here say and commentary?
I find it disappointing that any nasty comments about Kate do not require substantiating yet the tiniest smear on Megan is shot down as conspiracy theory.
I agree that alot of what we say is commentary but some of the stuff said about Megan is ridiculous - There are enough ligitamate things to criticise her about other than a popular perfume and a doctored picture is all.

Reactions: 8
I agree that alot of what we say is commentary but some of the stuff said about Megan is ridiculous - There are enough ligitamate things to criticise her about other than a popular perfume and a doctored picture is all.
I don’t disagree though tbh I don’t know why you choose to call me a “hater”?!!! I don’t buy into the fake pregnancies etc etc but there’s a ton about MM that is questionable without having to reach for any extreme theory.

I think some of that interview was true but in a lot of places it was either “her truth” or even “her truth” deliberately spun in a certain way & possibly untruths or certainly things that are questionable as to their accuracy.

If I have this right they wanted to step back from being senior royals, they wanted to draft the Ts&Cs of what that would look like including them being given the opportunity to make money. The Royal family said no & they walked. So what was the point of the interview?

The racism thing was awful “if that’s the assumption you’re making I think it’s a fairly safe one”, is that a fairly safe conversation to base an allegation of racism on? It’s a serious allegation after all.

Reactions: 9
The mothers day cards to Diana really should have been kept private if it actually happens.
They are children who can't consent to things like this being shown to the worlds population.
My children don't do cards and pictures to my father who has been dead for 32 years. I would consider it extremely odd.
They know my father died when I was young and that he's their grandpa in heaven but that's as far as it goes.
I certainly wouldn't have them painting fathers day pictures and cards and writing messages about how they miss him.
How can you miss someone you've never met or shared experiences with?
They will hear about him as they get older of course but its odd to be focusing on the dead when the kids have never met him.

I feel it was a contrived stunt.
There's no reason why William couldn't have honoured his mother in his instagram. Maybe he could have done a montage of photos of Diana him and Harry. Given a message of solidarity and shown the shared history he and his brother have.

Reactions: 19
I don’t disagree though tbh I don’t know why you choose to call me a “hater”?!!! I don’t buy into the fake pregnancies etc etc but there’s a ton about MM that is questionable without having to reach for any extreme theory.

I think some of that interview was true but in a lot of places it was either “her truth” or even “her truth” deliberately spun in a certain way & possibly untruths or certainly things that are questionable as to their accuracy.

If I have this right they wanted to step back from being senior royals, they wanted to draft the Ts&Cs of what that would look like including them being given the opportunity to make money. The Royal family said no & they walked. So what was the point of the interview?

The racism thing was awful “if that’s the assumption you’re making I think it’s a fairly safe one”, is that a fairly safe conversation to base an allegation of racism on? It’s a serious allegation after all.
When did I call you a hater? And yeah all of the above you just said are reasonable things to criticise her about but the perfume and the fake photo are reachingand there's another thread in here you can join if you want to judge her for made up stuff

Reactions: 4
I do think Meghan is casting herself into a Diana type role.
Even the video of Diana and Charles on tour in Oz being shown as a comparison to Harry and Meghans oz tour rang a bell immediately.

I dont believe for a second that she knew nothing of Harry and the BRF. They are known the world over and the only folk who know nothing of them are those tribes in the amazon that have no contact with the outside world.

I see Pippa had her baby yesterday. I wonder if Kate wishes she had Pippas life. Nice 17 million quid house, rich husband, no scrutiny on what she spends, she can come and go as she pleases.
Seems to me that Pippa hit the Jackpot and Kate has ended up in a gilded cage for the rest of her life.

Reactions: 17
I think gatekeeping how people grieve and judging how others keep their parents memory alive is more weird. Grieving is a personal process for anyone.

I’m a Kate and Will stan so I’m probably in the wrong place hahaha

Reactions: 18
Even the video of Diana and Charles on tour in Oz being shown as a comparison to Harry and Meghans oz tour rang a bell immediately.

I dont believe for a second that she knew nothing of Harry and the BRF. They are known the world over and the only folk who know nothing of them are those tribes in the amazon that have no contact with the outside world.

I see Pippa had her baby yesterday. I wonder if Kate wishes she had Pippas life. Nice 17 million quid house, rich husband, no scrutiny on what she spends, she can come and go as she pleases.
Seems to me that Pippa hit the Jackpot and Kate has ended up in a gilded cage for the rest of her life.
Kate chose a glittering prison and I think she is making the best of it . There must be times when she wishes she was like Pippa but she went to the very top and she will stay there.

Reactions: 14

Give me Pippa’s life any day!!! €17m house nice! Nanny I assume so she can pop out for coffee, lunch, shops etc. Yes please 😉

As opposed to 17m nursing home, school etc visits wearing LK Bennett & feeling the pressure to stay thin, contribute, rear perfect children including the hier, no thanks! Plus William is rumoured to be a grump!

Reactions: 10
I would also prefer Pippa's life for the ability to travel and visit restaurants and theatres etc.

I sometimes phantasise about being rich and carefree. How nice would that be? a yummy mummy

Reactions: 7
I would also prefer Pippa's life for the ability to travel and visit restaurants and theatres etc.

I sometimes phantasise about being rich and carefree. How nice would that be? a yummy mummy
It would be very nice indeed. If it’s any consultation I’m friends with one or two & they are bored & feel lacking something.

Reactions: 3
Kate chose a glittering prison and I think she is making the best of it . There must be times when she wishes she was like Pippa but she went to the very top and she will stay there.
Yes I think she will cling to that marriage if it goes wrong.
I do think she and William are very well suited. They do seem to love each other when we get to see them letting their hair down a bit.

I think it must be an awful life and any privilege in it is countered by the rigidity of the life.
I see someone says she can go shopping etc but she can't.
When would you ever see photos of her dandering down Oxford Street or round Chelsea?
Very occasionally you see a photo of her at the supermarket or coming out of a store but they are very rare.
Nowadays with everyone having a camera in their pocket, she would be snapped and it would be online within seconds.
Lockdown and the shops etc being closed, makes you realise how much you miss a browse, miss choosing Christmas presents etc
Shopping online becomes boring after a while.
I'm sure when you go from a normal free life into that kind of life, it takes years to get used to your freedom being taken away

I do think she and William are very well suited. They do seem to love each other when we get to see them letting their hair down a bit.

I think it must be an awful life and any privilege in it is countered by the rigidity of the life.
When would you ever see photos of her dandering down Oxford Street or round Chelsea?
Very occasionally you see a photo of her at the supermarket or coming out of a store but they are very rare.
Nowadays with everyone having a camera in their pocket, she would be snapped and it would be online within seconds.
Lockdown and the shops etc being closed, makes you realise how much you miss a browse, miss choosing Christmas presents etc
I'm sure when you go from a normal free life into that kind of life, it takes years to get used to your freedom being taken away
I agree and she can't make arrangement s to meet friends for lunch or tea. Of course she can have them visit her but it's not the same.She likes sport but she would not be able to join a gym or tennis club it would have to be in the home. I thin they do have something and she is trying her best to please,but I have a felimg that William can be grumpy and probably finds cheating liberating.

Reactions: 2

She cannot pop into TopShop at lunch time, but she can probably get a private shopping session at Selfridges, Harvey Nichols etc before or after normal opening hours.

And maybe her security officers ask people not to take or post pictures? I was under the impression she goes shopping on Ken High Street and in Norfolk, but I might be wrong

But yes, not being able to just have lunch, coffee, dinner with friends is a problem. I remember Harry saying that it is also not possible to go on dates, everything needs to be done at their residences.

Reactions: 2
The mothers day cards to Diana really should have been kept private if it actually happens.
They are children who can't consent to things like this being shown to the worlds population.
My children don't do cards and pictures to my father who has been dead for 32 years. I would consider it extremely odd.
They know my father died when I was young and that he's their grandpa in heaven but that's as far as it goes.
I certainly wouldn't have them painting fathers day pictures and cards and writing messages about how they miss him.
How can you miss someone you've never met or shared experiences with?
They will hear about him as they get older of course but its odd to be focusing on the dead when the kids have never met him.

I feel it was a contrived stunt.
There's no reason why William couldn't have honoured his mother in his instagram. Maybe he could have done a montage of photos of Diana him and Harry. Given a message of solidarity and shown the shared history he and his brother have.
Seems like such an odd thing to do. ‘Let’s make a card for dead granny’
My mum never sat we down to make one for my dad. I take one to his grave now but that’s off my own back because I’m thinking about him.

Reactions: 5
Pippa surely has a very nice cushy life, but Kate is the one that will be in the history books

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.