William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kate smokes :eek: surely not?!

I think her wedding dress was lovely but always remember the hips needed to have padding added in order for it to hold its shape properly. I hesitate to say she is too thin because l'm not an expert but l think her body size is quite disconcerting.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think she looked good in her wedding dress because of it either. The style of it - the way the lace and bodice were cut - made it look like tiny boobs just stuck on to a skeletal body.

Meghan really showed up the difference, even with them both pregnant and postpartum at different times. Kate looked drawn and ill once she "had got her figure back" whereas Meghan looked slim, ypunger and bouncing with health. Mind you, Meghan doesn't smoke as Kate is said to do (to keep her weight down?). Kate is really starting to look too thin, especially in her face, which is very ageing; the stripes of harsh makeup don't help.
Yes, some say that's why she had cone boobs, not that the dress was badly made, but because she'd lost too much weight and it looked that way. I don't know, since the sleeves were very tight of her wedding dress..

I agree, Meg's always looked better, Meg is keeping fit as well, but she hasn't ever gone overboard, not that I have noticed. She's an apple shape and Kate a triangle, but face wise you can see easily (body shape aside) who's at a healthy weight (also injections aside, they both do them, but very measured).

Kate smokes :eek: surely not?!

I think her wedding dress was lovely but always remember the hips needed to have padding added in order for it to hold its shape properly. I hesitate to say she is too thin because l'm not an expert but l think her body size is quite disconcerting.
Yes, she does (or used to?!). She has had cigs in her bag spotted and was said to have gone off to a corner where no one could photograph her during one of the flight layovers from a tour (it was a tour before G came along). Will also smoked, don't know about now. I think the Yorks used to as well. Pretty much all of them... Cigs, alcohol and likely some drugs during their teens and 20s, beyond that they either hide it better or quit.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Meg looked better than Kate?
Kate's shape looked rectangular? This is not true - Kate had a waste, but Meghan hadn't. Meghan has a rectangular shape.

Reactions: 3
One tattler wrote a couple of pages back and was very accurate: Meg has a full upper body and thin legs, which led to the "chicken legs" calling. She's a classic apple, if she were to gain weight (become overweight) she'd likely have a round belly and still thin legs. She doesn't have much of a waist, because of the fullness.

Kate's triangle shape is more exaggerated due to her weight loss, she has no waist or hips, but has broad shoulders. Gemma Goldsm tweeted during the wedding that K doesn't have "childbearing hips". I agree with @FrostyChops that some padding for a better shape would've made her wedding dress look better, that said I loved the whole skirt bit.
Her triangle shape can be best seen in the bikini pap pics from K's honeymoon, she was extremely thin.
Kate used to accessorizes a bit too much with belts to counter this. She had a whole belt phase.

Reactions: 2
I thought the comment was Kate is a triangle. Or pear 🍐
I don't know, but think that Meghan is an apple or a pear. Kate could be an hourglass or square, but she has a greater hip/waste ratio than Meghan.

One tattler wrote a couple of pages back and was very accurate: Meg has a full upper body and thin legs, which led to the "chicken legs" calling. She's a classic apple, if she were to gain weight (become overweight she'd likely have a round belly and still thin legs. She doesn't have much of a waist, because of the fullness.

Kate's triangle shape is more exaggerated due to her weight loss, she has no waist or hips, but has broad shoulders. Gemma Goldsm tweeted during the wedding that K doesn't have "childbearing hips". I agree with @FrostyChops that some padding for a better shape would've made her wedding dress look better, that said I loved the whole skirt bit.
Her triangle shape can be best seen in the bikini pap pics from K's honeymoon, she was extremely thin.
Ok, but she doesn't have broad shoulders. Her shoulders seem to be the same as her hips - I looked at the bikini photos from her honeymoon.

Meghan yes she is an apple l agree. I don't think Kate has broad shoulders either :unsure:

Just looked up the bikini photos and think she probably is a rectangle. There is very little difference between her waist and hips. She must have been working out a lot to get her stomach that muscular.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Her shoulders are far broader than her hips and she has a little bit of a waist, but not much

Kate's a classic inverted triangle

A pear has broad hips, a bum a is slim in the upper body, which doesn't fit Meg.
I read that Rihanna is a pear, as well as Jenn Lopez.
She looks tiny in those bikini pictures - and agree that it took effort to get her stomach like that. She definitely had broad shoulders as they're wider than her hips and its more prominent because she's so thin.

I don’t think she looked good in her wedding dress because of it either. The style of it - the way the lace and bodice were cut - made it look like tiny boobs just stuck on to a skeletal body.

Meghan really showed up the difference, even with them both pregnant and postpartum at different times. Kate looked drawn and ill once she "had got her figure back" whereas Meghan looked slim, ypunger and bouncing with health. Mind you, Meghan doesn't smoke as Kate is said to do (to keep her weight down?). Kate is really starting to look too thin, especially in her face, which is very ageing; the stripes of harsh makeup don't help.
I hated her wedding gown and the evening one was even worse. Tiny pointed boobs just ruined the look.
She has a killer figure and could have gotten away with a stunning column dress for the evening. It would have looked much more elegant and grown up than the frock she wore.
I loved the lace on her wedding gown, her tiara, jewellery etc but the boobs part just ruined the effect for me

Reactions: 7
Meghan yes she is an apple l agree. I don't think Kate has broad shoulders either :unsure:

Just looked up the bikini photos and think she probably is a rectangle. There is very little difference between her waist and hips. She must have been working out a lot to get her stomach that muscular.
Meghan is definitely an apple. Her weight is all around her middle and she took ages to lose the baby weight. I would say Kate was a rectangle but as others have said, she is very, very slim. I have never seen those pictures of her when she was younger. Its like Victoria Beckham. Neither of them are naturally slim if you look at pictures of them when they were younger.

Reactions: 4
I hated her wedding gown and the evening one was even worse. Tiny pointed boobs just ruined the look.
She has a killer figure and could have gotten away with a stunning column dress for the evening. It would have looked much more elegant and grown up than the frock she wore.
I loved the lace on her wedding gown, her tiara, jewellery etc but the boobs part just ruined the effect for me
Her evening dress looked like she was playing dress-up, the cardigan she wore ruined it for me - I agree something more modern like a column dress would've suited her perfectly - I hated Megan's main dress but her evening dress was stunning.

I suspect that while Kate has all the money in the world for clothes etc. she has no sense of personal style if people get me haha - Princess Diana was stylish, as is Princess Latizia from Spain but Kate just puts on whatever her dresser lays out for her.

I think the shrug Kate was wearing in the evening was fashionable in the wedding world at the time. I didn't hate the dress but it was a similar shape as in nipped in waist flared type skirt to the day dress. Something different would have been nice. Maybe she wanted it to spin whilst she was dancing.

On a second look at the bikini photos wow yes l can see how broad her shoulders are now it's been pointed out! It was hard to look beyond her was board stomach.

I think her style is old lady 👵 l feel mean but sometimes l think she wears things the Queen would wear. I don't get it. She's a young woman to be dressing the way she does. Those hats :eek:

Reactions: 6
I think the shrug Kate was wearing in the evening was fashionable in the wedding world at the time
I think it was. My brother got married in 2011 too, and my sil wore a shrug. They did get married in November though 😄. I agree re wedding dresses. I didnt really like Kate of Meghan's dresses, but Meghans evening gown was stunning on her. I cant remember Kate's evening gown.
Edit: I just googled it. Yes that's awful and those 3/4 sleeves are dreadful!

I think the shrug Kate was wearing in the evening was fashionable in the wedding world at the time. I didn't hate the dress but it was a similar shape as in nipped in waist flared type skirt to the day dress. Something different would have been nice. Maybe she wanted it to spin whilst she was dancing.

On a second look at the bikini photos wow yes l can see how broad her shoulders are now it's been pointed out! It was hard to look beyond her was board stomach.

I think her style is old lady 👵 l feel mean but sometimes l think she wears things the Queen would wear. I don't get it. She's a young woman to be dressing the way she does. Those hats :eek:
I think she doesnt really care about fashion so just listens to whoever the Palace has dressing her. I dont know who it is, or if she has someone other than The Queens dressers. But she does dress like an old lady. Her clothes suit Camilla, who is in her 70's but she should be wearing some modern British designers and getting them to dress her properly. The Queen was wearing Norman Hartnell in the 50's and had some lovely clothes, fashionable at the time. She did get more ' twinset' by the time she was Kate's age, but 40 was a lot older in those days than it is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Norman Hartnell was the designer of dreams. I guess maybe she doesn't care. I remember the day after the wedding people complaining about the dress she wore to the helicopter or whatever, the hem wasn't straight. I felt bad for her then. I can't understand why someone in her position isn't bothered about clothes...why go to all that effort to stay so slim then dress like your gran :unsure: l would be all over it if l were in her position.

Meghan wore some nice things but quite often they were too tight.

But then l think the Queen wears some really gaudy colours - l know she needs to be seen but jeez no one looks good in fluorescent green.

Reactions: 5
Norman Hartnell was the designer of dreams. I guess maybe she doesn't care. I remember the day after the wedding people complaining about the dress she wore to the helicopter or whatever, the hem wasn't straight. I felt bad for her then. I can't understand why someone in her position isn't bothered about clothes...why go to all that effort to stay so slim then dress like your gran :unsure: l would be all over it if l were in her position.

Meghan wore some nice things but quite often they were too tight.

But then l think the Queen wears some really gaudy colours - l know she needs to be seen but jeez no one looks good in fluorescent green.
She does actually, but at least it demonstrates she has a bit of pizzazz about her ( that and marrying BadBoy Phil and allegedly getting knocked up by her horse trainer 😉)
I do wonder if Kate has an inferiority complex about being a 'commoner'. Like she has to be the Perfect Princess- thin, demure, dressing like The Queen, speaking posher than The Queen etc etc. She has basically done her job and produced some heirs so she just needs to sit there really and not rock the boat for the rest of her life. The Blood Royals dont care as they are Blood Royals. The Interlopers are always liable to getting thrown over if they are surplus to requirements.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Not sure I’m comfortable with all this “skinny shaming” talk, would you all make the same comments if you deemed Kate to be overweight?!
It’s not kind and that comes from personal experience of being “too thin” at various parts of my life through no fault of my own.

As an aside, occasionally Kate wears slightly frumpy clothes but I personally love her coat dresses and hats and I’m the same age as her. She’s the future Queen Consort and dresses appropriately.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
One thing that's been rumoured since the engagement is that the Windsors (even Liz and Charles) found out about W&K's engagement only on the day of the press conference/interview, but that the Midds knew for much longer.

I don't know whether anyone ever came straight out and said so or if it was only ever hinted, but in any case that rumour has been now confirmed in the docu special for their 10th anniversary.

It was also revealed that Kate went shopping for an engagement dress the day before the press conference, which is madness to me to leave it that late when you've been engaged for 3 weeks already and knew what was coming. She then had to resort to a dress she already had, as she couldn't find anything (you can never find anything good under last minute stress!).

Another rumour was that the ring was Harry's and he flipped a lid when he saw it on K's finger, as W allegedly took it out of the vault without asking. Since the old rumour about the Windsors not knowing anything till the day of the press conference has been confirmed as true, the chances that the ring rumours are true are quite high.
They spun the story as W asking H for the ring and H agreeing, but I doubt that (now). (so now H (Meg) has D's gold Cartier and W (Kate) the ring, when originally they chose the other way round after she died)

Considering Liz has to approve engagements, it's odd that she didn't know anything, imagine not telling your grandparents (whose approval you need by law) and your dad till you broadcast it to the world.

One thing that's been rumoured since the engagement is that the Windsors (even Liz and Charles) found out about W&K's engagement only on the day of the press conference/interview, but that the Midds knew for much longer.

I don't know whether anyone ever came straight out and said so or if it was only ever hinted, but in any case that rumour has been now confirmed in the docu special for their 10th anniversary.

It was also revealed that Kate went shopping for an engagement dress the day before the press conference, which is madness to me to leave it that late when you've been engaged for 3 weeks already and knew what was coming. She then had to resort to a dress she already had, as she couldn't find anything (you can never find anything good under last minute stress!).

Another rumour was that the ring was Harry's and he flipped a lid when he saw it on K's finger, as W allegedly took it out of the vault without asking. Since the old rumour about the Windsors not knowing anything till the day of the press conference has been confirmed as true, the chances that the ring rumours are true are quite high.
They spun the story as W asking H for the ring and H agreeing, but I doubt that (now). (so now H (Meg) has D's gold Cartier and W (Kate) the ring, when originally they chose the other way round after she died)

Considering Liz has to approve engagements, it's odd that she didn't know anything, imagine not telling your grandparents (whose approval you need by law) and your dad till you broadcast it to the world.
I don't believe that TQ only learned about the engagement on the day of the press conference. Didn't the press conference take place in Buckingham Palace? There would have been some planning, the camera crew etc would have needed passes, etc. And William most likely didn't invite the press himself, the staff would have done so and they would have discussed this.

Reactions: 15

I am surprised... I thought Kate was welcomed in to the en famille.. It sounds as if she wasn't deemed suitable. Why all the cloak and dagger if everyone was happy with the match... Its like he felt that people would talk him out of it or there was too much interference. For William to do that, to take Harrys ring without asking shows how selfish and calculating he is. I was thinking what an absolute bleep...

I don't believe that TQ only learned about the engagement on the day of the press conference. Didn't the press conference take place in Buckingham Palace? There would have been some planning, the camera crew etc would have needed passes, etc. And William most likely didn't invite the press himself, the staff would have done so and they would have discussed this.
One thing I can say, I do believe it is possible that this could have happened. Yes, but this could have been arranged under another guise...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.