Which news story has always stuck with you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking this. How can anyone stomach listening to the details and watching that video 😥 does anyone know why this trial is taking so long? I feel like it's been in the media for weeks and weeks now.
The prosecution had a lot of evidence and witnesses to go through and then you have that woman with "health issues". They've only really started with the defense or so it would seem with TH any way.

Reactions: 3
I guess one of the more obvious news stories that have stayed with me would be 9/11. Was about 10 at the time so can remember it on the news, where I was, being in school talking about it etc. although I didn’t really understand the enormity of it until years, even to this day the whole thing just blows my mind! Those poor souls in that died. There last moments must have been horrendous 😢

Also, Madeleine McCann. Where is that poor child? 💔

Reactions: 2
Same here I've seen the evidence released and am so angry at that man and that woman! We do have a thread for him if you want to come over? So upsetting what those monsters did I think I will always remember this case. 💔
What’s the thread for this please?

When I was doing my degree I had to read the report on baby P. I was “ok” until I read that even though he was in horrific pain due to his spine injury, he still managed to smile for the social worker. That got me. I couldn’t continue reading. They covered his face in chocolate to cover bruises too.
Then I had to read about Victoria Climbié. Nope I was done. Had to put it all in a drawer for weeks

• Sad
Reactions: 11
When I was doing my degree I had to read the report on baby P. I was “ok” until I read that even though he was in horrific pain due to his spine injury, he still managed to smile for the social worker. That got me. I couldn’t continue reading. They covered his face in chocolate to cover bruises too.
Then I had to read about Victoria Climbié. Nope I was done. Had to put it all in a drawer for weeks
I read Wednesdays child and it went in to alot more detail then I expected. How anyone can hurt something so tiny and precious blows my mind all babies that age should know is cuddles, giggling, songs and love it breaks my heart 💔💔💔

Reactions: 6
I've just read that child abuse story and can't stop crying. I will never comprehend the evil that men and women can do.

• Sad
Absolutely horrific the stories about poor Arthur.
I just can’t imagine how he must of felt 😣💔

just now reading about the 27 migrants who have died trying to cross the channel! How desperate must you be to want to put your life in danger to try and reach a safer place? It definitely makes you realise how privileged we are

Reactions: 9
Absolutely horrific the stories about poor Arthur.
I just can’t imagine how he must of felt 😣💔

just now reading about the 27 migrants who have died trying to cross the channel! How desperate must you be to want to put your life in danger to try and reach a safer place? It definitely makes you realise how privileged we are
I cried all night when I first read that story about Arthur. Being a granny and reading he was begging for his gran just broke me. Tbh reading about it on here again is making me cry again. I just can’t

• Sad
  • Heart
I don't know if it has been mentioned about the Arthur case, but does anyone else find it super weird they recorded him all the time like this? I heard they said it was so she coul show the dad how he was misbehaving, or whatever, but it seems to me they must have enjoyed watching the videos back. That poor, poor boy. Just absolutely tragic.

• Sad
Honestly, I just can't read about child abuse. I mean, now I'm a parent, that sort of stuff just hits differently. I used to be pretty unaffected by it (that sounds awful I know) but now I picture that sort of thing happening to my own child and can't fathom how anyone could do it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The murder of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman ☹
i don’t know if it was because one of my children was the same age but I’ve never forgotten them ❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The murder of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman ☹
i don’t know if it was because one of my children was the same age but I’ve never forgotten them ❤
I was in Soham recently and it still has a sadness about the air.

• Sad
I remember being stopped in the airport when i was about 5 on the way to greece as they thought i was madeleine mccann. i'm a year older to the month and the date is just switched round so they saw my dark blonde hair and passport and got suspiscious. i'd never been abroad before and think they were just being cautious but i remember asking who the men where and was reminded of it last time we went away! (also not got coloboma!)

• Wow
Reactions: 10

This was so disturbing and so sad, don't know who to feel more sorry for, awful for everybody involved. Just wonder how she kept what she was going through hidden from her parents.

Not for the faint hearted.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I think I speak for many others when I say how the case of poor little Arthur will stay with many for a long time. I tried to avoid the details but sometimes couldn’t. The details and the tragedy just got worse and worse. That poor little boy. RIEP Arthur 💙💙💙💙💙💙

• Heart
Reactions: 15
In the lead up to Christmas, I always think about the lady who was stabbed to death whilst at work on the shop floor in Aldi in Skipton. It was a few days before Christmas and she had a young daughter

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
In the lead up to Christmas, I always think about the lady who was stabbed to death whilst at work on the shop floor in Aldi in Skipton. It was a few days before Christmas and she had a young daughter
You've just reminded me of the incident in Glasgow where the bin lorry lost control and went into the crowds of Christmas shoppers. I'm almost sure there was a mother and daughter both killed.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Oh yes I remember that one too and I think you were right about the mum and daughter. It is an awful thing at any time of the year but even more so just before Christmas 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Gosh I remember this. I listened to a crime podcast not long ago anc it reminded me of it. Wasn’t it her mums ex boyfriend who did it? As he thought she turned her mum against him or something. Absolutely horrific

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.