Which news story has always stuck with you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have read about this before as he was originally Irish, from Abbeyfeale in Limerick. Such a strange case.
It's one I'd love to know the answer too. Yes, he was Irish originally. My SIL is from Co Kerry, Abbeyfeale is on the Limerick/Kerry border. She said Moriarty is a common name in Kerry.

Reactions: 1
It's one I'd love to know the answer too. Yes, he was Irish originally. My SIL is from Co Kerry, Abbeyfeale is on the Limerick/Kerry border. She said Moriarty is a common name in Kerry.
Ya it is. I am from Kerry myself. There are plenty of Moriartys where I am. Maybe there’s some relations still there. Hopefully there will be some answers to it.

Reactions: 1
Ya it is. I am from Kerry myself. There are plenty of Moriartys where I am. Maybe there’s some relations still there. Hopefully there will be some answers to it.
They managed to trace a cousin of his through DNA, but nobody remembers him from around the town. His cousin thinks that he may have been brought up elsewhere. I remember watching a documentary featuring Larrimah (every before any of that happened) and Paddy was interviewed in the documentary. He said he came over from Ireland when he was 16, but didn't really mention anything about growing up in Ireland. I hope the poor man wasn't in an industrial school or anything like that up until then 😔

If I find that documentary, I'll post it.

Reactions: 3
The newsreader in America (Alison Parker if I remember correctly) who was shot live on air while in the middle of a news piece.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Leah Betts and the photo they released. I echo the earlier poster in that it completely deterred me from using drugs. Awful story and her parents were devasted.

And Hillsborough. A couple of relatives were there and I remember my parents pacing the house. No mobile phones so it was a waiting game. Thankfully they were in another stand, but it breaks my heart to think of all of those families who didn't get the "I'm okay" call.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
The newsreader in America (Alison Parker if I remember correctly) who was shot live on air while in the middle of a news piece.
This seemed so downplayed afterwards. Just seen Alison was only 24 and Adam Ward was 27. So very young with everything in front of them.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Yes I was about to mention this! And the picture of the gun pointing at the camera that the tabloids all printed the next day 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Yes I was about to mention this! And the picture of the gun pointing at the camera that the tabloids all printed the next day 😔
Yep! The video recorded by the actual shooter (turned out to be a disgruntled ex-employee of the news station) did the rounds afterwards too. Her cameraman lost his life too. The lady she was interviewing was shot but survived.

• Sad
I recently watched a documentary on the murder of Rachel Callaly in Dublin in 2004. That was such a huge case in Ireland and is still spoken about. I’ll never forget Joe O Reilly being interviewed on the Late Late Show along with her mother. The arrogance of him. I remember when he was found guilty the whole country was delighted. A complete psychopath who should never be released.

I remember this. I watched the clip so many times and was certain it was faked. So sad to find out it was actually true. Devastating, in fact.

Reactions: 2
Another family destroyed over night after 4 children were killed in a house fire in London 😢

It reminded me of the below story, whilst we don’t know what happened last night I only pray that it wasn’t anything like this. Those poor children did not deserve to go this way and as a Mum myself, I can’t even begin to put myself in her position after waking and hearing her children didnt make it.

I hope the scum who did this suffer everyday 😡 People don’t take kindly to kid killers inside (thankfully)

• Sad
This has really upset me today. It’s now 5 children 😢The picture of the 2 police officers and the video where you can hear the e newsreader off camera saying “oh my god” when the live update is given by the Police and he said the 4 children had died. Tipped me over the edge.
I can't stop crying now. Those poor little angels

• Sad
Another family destroyed over night after 4 children were killed in a house fire in London 😢

It reminded me of the below story, whilst we don’t know what happened last night I only pray that it wasn’t anything like this. Those poor children did not deserve to go this way and as a Mum myself, I can’t even begin to put myself in her position after waking and hearing her children didnt make it.

I hope the scum who did this suffer everyday 😡 People don’t take kindly to kid killers inside (thankfully)
Absolutely tragic

• Sad
Reports are suggesting the children were home alone …. If that’s true there will be criminal charges.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
This happened when I was at a nearby school, a
Teacher said he tried to get into ours first (not sure if that’s true).

I live a few miles from this school and vividly remember it happening. I was in year 7 at the time and I remember being terrified for weeks afterwards that the same would happen again. It didn't prompt my school to increase security though, in fact you could freely walk in and out of the school building long after I left.

• Wow
  • Sad
I live a few miles from this school and vividly remember it happening. I was in year 7 at the time and I remember being terrified for weeks afterwards that the same would happen again. It didn't prompt my school to increase security though, in fact you could freely walk in and out of the school building long after I left.
This is so awful, I don't remember this case happening, but when I saw the title I had assumed it was in the US (so many of their cities have the same names etc) I just cannot imagine how parents there send their children to school when there seem to be shootings so often. Someone I know lives in the US and has young children at school there and they have active shooter drills in the same way we have fire drills, just terrifying

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.