Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BethanyGilbert

VIP Member
RE: Amy Lynn Bradley did a marine or something say he was in the Caribbean and a prostitute say she was Amy and he didn’t go to the police? That makes me feel physically sick.

Reactions: 11

littlepup

VIP Member
the story of a woman in her 30s leaving her house with her boxer dog inside and didn't go back for months. The body of the dog was found only because the neighbours reported a smell. The dog would of died over two painful weeks!! it had been so starving all the mop buckets and bowls had been upturned where the dog had been desperately trying to get food and water.

Still knocks me sick to this day!!! Will never forget it!

I think the woman might of been a solicitor too !!
I remember this. There was loads of dog food in the house too, she just stopped going back to feed it.
People like that who can neglect or hurt an animal for nothing, I believe, are dangerous.

• Sad

Belulah

VIP Member
Ciaran Morris, 2 week old premature baby who died after his pram was struck by a car .
Such a tragic and upsetting story.
That poor baby- and his poor parents. I read the story yesterday and thought about them so much.

• Sad

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
In more recent times Grace Millane who was on a trip of a lifetime visiting New Zealand when she was brutally murdered by her tinder date 💔

• Sad

Pinkglitter123

I've just seen on the news about a 9yr old who was hit by lightning this evening whilst playing football. Its just so so awful and really feel for his poor family. The chances of it happening. I have a 9yr old myself and its really affected me 😞

• Sad

Hairraiser

VIP Member
There was a lady who was in Spain I think? She was shopping one day & someone just came along and cut her head off. She was British I believe?
this will always stick with me as I often wonder how scary it must of been for the poor lady. And also those who witnessed it, absolutely awful 🥺😓

edit: found an article

just realised she was from Norwich, where I am from

• Wow
  • Sad

petitspois

VIP Member
There was a story in the paper a while back that has haunted me ever since. It is so awful.

A doctor decided to surprise her lover with a visit. So she scaled a ladder to the roof, removed the chimney cap and slid down the flue of the property in California.

The lover obviously did not know about this (or maybe just ignored it - as he described the relationship as "on and off") and her decomposing body was found days later wedged inside the chimney of his home!

She was believed to have been stuck in the chimney for three days.

Can you imagine the sheer horror of that situation? To go down there as a bit of a lark and then find you are completely stuck and alone!

I am claustrophobic so this scenario is utterly unbearable to even think about.
Can you remember the poor boy who was about 7 who was out playing on his own and wandered into a building site - found days later trapped in a pipe after sliding in.

• Sad

LittleMy

VIP Member
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the murder of Angelika Kluk has always stuck with me. She was murdered and hidden under a church floor in Glasgow. Her killer was the handyman there. He went on the run, and after finding out his real identity, Peter Tobin, he was found in a hospital in England.

Eventually he was also found to have kidnapped and killed Dinah McNicol and Vicky Hamilton. They had been kidnapped and murdered separately, and buried in his back garden. He moved about so much that I don't think anyone believes he doesn't have more victims. I believe he also has convictions for sexual assaults on young women.
There have also been suspicions that Tobin could be Bible John, the unidentified serial killer who preyed on women at the Barrowlands Ballroom in Glasgow between 1968-1969.

The brutal murder of Sarah Payne ... her family didn’t live too far from me, every time I see her little face it brings it all back, the huge search for her and the manhunt for the killer ❤❤❤

• Sad

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Any murder news stories really, especially the gruesome ones where the victim has their body dismembered or is killed in a way where it makes you think 'why?'
I mean what makes someone kill someone, let alone in a gruesome way. It makes my blood boil when I hear that a person suffered. I feel like murderers deserve a life in prison of hard labour, every day, just punish them without the death penalty. That is what I feel prison should be. Hard labour for the hardest of criminals. No laying around in a cell.

Also Claudia Lawrence. My daughter was going to the same university where she worked. Worried myself sick. Poor woman hope her family get answers.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Meh

Chatty Member
Dunblane - I was 8 years old and in a school within 10 miles of Dunblane. I remember my
Mum and aunties being really upset and watching the news. Years later my mother ended up working with 2 people who lost kids in Dunblane (different jobs but we live locally) so heartbreaking 😢

Any attempt to make guns more accessible in U.K. should (in my view) be resisted.

The other story that horrified me was the murder of mother and son Tracey and Piers Wilkinson in Stourbridge. Their family had taken in a homeless lad and helped him. He went back on drugs and they had to cut ties. He waited in their shed overnight, waiting for the dad to walk the dog early morning. He then snuck in and stabbed the mother and son to death in their bedrooms. Dad arrived home to find them dead and he tried to murder him as well. They released the CCTV of him creeping out the shed and it is chilling. Absolutely horrific snd I feel so heart sorry for the husband and their daughter. Barbaric. He had his sentence increased to 35 years.

Forgive the link to the Mirror but the CCTV of him crawling about in the dark during the night hiding is here. Absolute psychopath.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
The little girls missing in Soham Holly and Jessica... Everyone desperately hoping they were ok😭 we had just moved to NY for a year and everytime we rang home we were hoping for good news...

From my student days, 1991 I was over in UK from Ireland staying with an uncle in St Albans for a holiday and were allowed out for the evening with his neighbours teens, cinema,takeaway etc - a bomb went off in the city centre, .... All over news thought mom would be so worried... Nope , not a word😂. So I rang her the following day (fuming😠) smart mouthed of course- "I'm alive" ....
The scottish wee woman was having none of it "I'd have heard if you weren't" 😂😂😂 absolutely no f*cks given!

• Haha

quinzel

VIP Member
The newsreader in America (Alison Parker if I remember correctly) who was shot live on air while in the middle of a news piece.

• Wow

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Another story which horrified me was the Nutty Putty cave story in which a cave diver John Jones got stuck, and the cave became his tomb.

• Sad
  • Sick

crazycar123

The case that has always stayed with me was the murder of Karen Buckley in Glasgow. Poor girl just on an innocent night out with her friends to have her life taken in such a brutal way 😔 she would have been so excited to move to Glasgow only for it that prick Pacteau to end it. I think it resonated with a lot of Irish people at the time as so many are abroad etc. She reminded me of myself and my friends. I often think of her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Niamhm

Chatty Member
Bit random but when I was pregnant 3 years ago I read a news story about a whale who's baby had died and it carried it for miles distraught. I cried for hours

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10