Which chains are on your fast food blacklist?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s not supposed to be funny but this thread has made me howl. It’s so funny. The gherkins on the window, examination subways and the floating Pepsi chicken were particular highlights!
My fave back in the day for a little chill treat was salad bar & pizza at Pizza Hut, it was lovely! It’s horrible now and agree with the poster that it’s seems like they’ve given up.

Maccys used to be nice but that too has gone down hill in recent years. F&B gave out food poisoning like it was an extra side, been once - never again.

Kfc depends on which branch but yes can be grim. Their crunchy burgers and mayo are nice & there’s nothing else quite like it in this country - hopefully that’s not the rat flavourings! Saying that haven’t had it in ages and I can’t see myself rushing back. Didn’t miss chains during lockdown at all.

Reactions: 2
Used to go to Pizza Hut a lot as a teenager in the early 2000s! Obsessed with the ice cream factory it was the best.

Reactions: 5
I love dominos, lord knows I do, but I cannot justify £20 for a stuffed crust pepperoni pizza. I wish I knew how to make it exactly at home because it’s so nice...

Reactions: 8
I love dominos, lord knows I do, but I cannot justify £20 for a stuffed crust pepperoni pizza. I wish I knew how to make it exactly at home because it’s so nice...
If you ever wanted one in the day the price is slashed because of the lunchtime deal. You can get one for around £7

Oh my, WImpy, Ah the memories of a well cooked meal, many wouldn't believe this but Wimpy are still
alive and kicking. I haven't been to Wimpy in many years, if I ever got the chance, I'd be in one!!
my town and the one nearest both have a Wimpey still!
They're quite expensive but definitely million times tastier than many other burger places.
i will say i spent my childhood dreaming of being allowed to order a brown derby un there though..it looked so delicious on the menu..when i was old enough and had my own money i did ..sadly it didnt live up to my childhood expectations! 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Okay so.
I love Nandos (pls don’t shoot me down 🙈)
KFC I always regret it if I do eat it and tbh I don’t think I ever will be again now.
Maccy’s is alright now and then.
Burger King I would never chose to go to.
Again don’t shoot me down but I do like a Subway (I only ever have a veggie one).
Pizza Hut I have to agree it was so much better years back!
Frankie and bennys I agree again was so much better years back!
Greggs pizza used to be nice but they changed it in the past couple of years and now it’s horrid.
Oh and I love the Wimpy. The one nearest me is in Swanage which is still about an hour away so don’t get it often sadly.

Oh and I used to like KFC’s twister meals but I haven’t forgiven them for revamping them because they are horrible now. Another reason to avoid haha.

KFC - haven’t eaten it since I was a teen, couldn’t bring myself to. I don’t eat breaded chicken / chicken burgers from anywhere though. The smell makes me feel sick. My husband loves it but only ever gets it when I’m not with him.

Burger King - don’t like their chips, there’s always a better option. McDonald’s I only eat if I’m at a services/airport and there’s no other option OR hungover and their chips and a flat oasis cure me!

Frankie and Bennys - it’s always like a zoo, feral children everywhere, greasy and tasteless food when I last went years ago, popped in for a random breakfast more recently and was just not great.

Harvester - just think it’s all tasteless frozen rubbish not much better than a Wetherspoon, there’s always people’s again unruly kids let loose to spray their germs over the salad bar, makes me feel ill.

Miller and Carter - I used to eat steak and never thought the quality was great here, service has always been lacking and on the couple of occasions an issue was addressed management had an attitude. Find their sides a bit greasy and tasteless. Overpriced for the quality.

Toby Carvery - I don’t enjoy queuing for my food like I’m back at school for a really average roast dinner. The restaurants themselves are always a bit old and tatty as well.

Las Iguanas - I’m not sure if it’s something they cook with, an oil or something, but every time I’ve eaten there I’ve had an upset tummy.

La Tasca - not sure it’s even still open but always thought it was so far off of any kind of authentic flavour, watery prawns and sauces, just the kind of meal that leaves you feeling unsatisfied.

Those of you’ve who’ve caught food poisoning from fast food places. Did you report it to Environmental Health? They have a duty to investigate these places if someone is ill after eating there. I know someone who caught salmonella from a sandwich they bought at a garage on a motorway and there was a big investigation into how it happened.

I've only ever had Papa John's once and it was alright, Dominoes is nice but it's over rated. Pizza Hut just seems like a kids restaurant and I'll never forgive them for taking the cous cous away from their salad bar. I'd rather any of them 3 than a take away pizza though 😅

Those of you’ve who’ve caught food poisoning from fast food places. Did you report it to Environmental Health? They have a duty to investigate these places if someone is ill after eating there. I know someone who caught salmonella from a sandwich they bought at a garage on a motorway and there was a big investigation into how it happened.
I’ve always wondered how they do this. If there’s no sandwich left, and you’ve eaten three meals a day, how can they point it to be the sandwich?

I got terrible food poisoning from cooked prawns from a supermarket before. I was so poorly. My first and only ride in the back of an ambulance - that poorly. 🤮

• Sad
I’ve always wondered how they do this. If there’s no sandwich left, and you’ve eaten three meals a day, how can they point it to be the sandwich?

I got terrible food poisoning from cooked prawns from a supermarket before. I was so poorly. My first and only ride in the back of an ambulance - that poorly. 🤮
What happened in this case was that the person I know was very ill and hospitalised. The doctors diagnosed salmonella and informed the local Environmental Health, which is standard I believe? They then investigated and asked all the places they’d eaten from in the previous fourteen days as salmonella can take that long to show itself. By process of elimination they traced it back to a sandwich bought from a road side garage. I think there were issues with refrigeration.

Reactions: 1
Agree about Toby Carvery. My friend loves it so I’ve been there a few times with her. Not to toot my own horn but my roast dinners are the dog’s bollocks so I resent paying £10 for a stale Yorkshire pudding, paper thin slices of meat and hard potatoes.

I love the taste of Burger King but it doesn’t agree with my IBS at all. Once had it at a train station, then boarded an hour long train journey that didn’t have any toilets. That was fun 😬

KFC - haven’t eaten it since I was a teen, couldn’t bring myself to. I don’t eat breaded chicken / chicken burgers from anywhere though. The smell makes me feel sick. My husband loves it but only ever gets it when I’m not with him.

Burger King - don’t like their chips, there’s always a better option. McDonald’s I only eat if I’m at a services/airport and there’s no other option OR hungover and their chips and a flat oasis cure me!

Frankie and Bennys - it’s always like a zoo, feral children everywhere, greasy and tasteless food when I last went years ago, popped in for a random breakfast more recently and was just not great.

Harvester - just think it’s all tasteless frozen rubbish not much better than a Wetherspoon, there’s always people’s again unruly kids let loose to spray their germs over the salad bar, makes me feel ill.

Miller and Carter - I used to eat steak and never thought the quality was great here, service has always been lacking and on the couple of occasions an issue was addressed management had an attitude. Find their sides a bit greasy and tasteless. Overpriced for the quality.

Toby Carvery - I don’t enjoy queuing for my food like I’m back at school for a really average roast dinner. The restaurants themselves are always a bit old and tatty as well.

Las Iguanas - I’m not sure if it’s something they cook with, an oil or something, but every time I’ve eaten there I’ve had an upset tummy.

La Tasca - not sure it’s even still open but always thought it was so far off of any kind of authentic flavour, watery prawns and sauces, just the kind of meal that leaves you feeling unsatisfied.
Miller and Carter is the most overpriced rubbish. I can cook better steak at home and I’m no Gordon Ramsay. First time I went I thought it must’ve just been that one so I tried a different location and it was just as bad.
I now go to an independent steakhouse, it’s about 20 miles from me but definitely worth the drive or taxi fare

Five Guys, alright its delicious but why is it so expensive. I won't blacklist but it needs a special mention.

Five Guys, alright its delicious but why is it so expensive. I won't blacklist but it needs a special mention.
Five Guys is incredible but you need to take out a loan to pay for it! I do love how you get a hefty amount of fries in the bag 😂 no wonder with how much it costs

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Agree about Toby Carvery. My friend loves it so I’ve been there a few times with her. Not to toot my own horn but my roast dinners are the dog’s bollocks so I resent paying £10 for a stale Yorkshire pudding, paper thin slices of meat and hard potatoes.

I love the taste of Burger King but it doesn’t agree with my IBS at all. Once had it at a train station, then boarded an hour long train journey that didn’t have any toilets. That was fun 😬
Toby carvery. We once went to one near us and they had run out of stuff. It was six o’clock. They only had vegetarian gravy supposedly. A few looking dried up carrots in the bottom and of a bowl over cooked cauliflower cheese. The roast potatoes left were all the hard ones. Surely the point of a buffet is you keep it topped up and when one thing starts running low you start cooking some more? It annoys me when places say they’ve run out of stuff. Like half the menu. Don’t you have an electronic ordering system in these chain restaurant groups that when you’re running low it gets reordered. Isn’t someone in charge of that? If not send someone to the local supermarket 🤷‍♀️

Five Guys is delicious! The milkshakes 😋 Deffo one of the good chains I think.

I don’t rate Wagamama that much. Been a few times and my stir fry’s I do at home are nicer.

Five Guys is incredible but you need to take out a loan to pay for it! I do love how you get a hefty amount of fries in the bag 😂 no wonder with how much it costs
Frigging right you do. 2 x burgers, shakes and fries = £30. Crazy but delicious and free peanuts.

Reactions: 1