Which chains are on your fast food blacklist?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wagamama’s! We had a takeaway. My daughter is a vegetarian and ordered the vegetable gyozas. The rest of us had the duck ones. The lid with the sticker had veggie on it. She ate one and only after swallowing it and opening another one we realised it was the meat one. They had put the lids on the wrong bowls. Easy mistake to make you might say. We checked the other dishes and it had been done on the noodle dishes too. I spoke to the manager and he was apologetic saying the girl on takeaway was the best trainee he’d ever had etc. We did get a free meal but it was the fact my daughter had broken her long held principle through their sloppiness. Never again!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I used to love Subway and Nando's, but won't go there now. I think it's just a case of the food drastically going downhill, maybe sourcing from cheaper places and the quality has suffered. Apart from that I rarely use chain places as we have a lot of incredible independents locally covering loads of different cuisines. I am partial to a hangover McDonalds though.

Reactions: 2
KFC always looks so grim. Every restaurant I’ve set foot in has smelled of wee! The thought of eating a meal from there turns my stomach.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't eat meat anyway (apart from a little craving for a McD cheeseburger yesterday 🤣) but if I did, I'd never go to KFC! The one in my hometown is grim. Tables always filthy. Bins overflowing. Service ridiculously slow. The chicken always looks an odd colour too. :sick:

Reactions: 3
Weatherspoons as well. Had a curry there which tasted exactly like a supermarket ready meal.
A Spoons employee made a tiktok account which basically documented him working in the kitchens there and pretty much all of the food items there are ready meals. The curries, lasagnes definitely are. I'd much rather go somewhere a bit nicer for food like pizza express or an independent Italian and then Spoons for the cheap drinks rather than eat there:sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I used to go to F&B regularly with friends during Uni so about 2010 - 2013 and it was fine back then! In recent years I have noticed such a drop in quality. The one nearest to me closed down last year, it looks so depressing next to the Pizza Hut which I also avoid!

I can see there's a general consensus about Burger King and have to agree, would definitely only have BK if there was no other option.

Subway just gives me anxiety 😂

• Sad
Once I went to kfc and I was swirling my straw around my drink and I felt the straw bang something. I opened the cup and there was a piece of ripped off chicken in my Pepsi 😂 I went and complained and the guy was like 'do you want another boneless banquet?' I was like 'no ta if you're just dipping it in random peoples pepsis' 😅

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I have to chuckle to myself, reading this thread agreeing with you all and yet I still order chicken doner kebabs from a kebabby with a 2* hygiene rating 😂🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I have to chuckle to myself, reading this thread agreeing with you all and yet I still order chicken doner kebabs from a kebabby with a 2* hygiene rating 😂🙈
But doner kebabs are soooo Good 😍 I really don’t care about the hygiëne rating Haha.

I really like mcdonalds and burger king, the only bad burger King I experienced was one in Londen. the one in my city in the Netherlands ) is really good. But I prefer to go to the local snackbar. the chips and snacks are much better over there.😍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
W
But doner kebabs are soooo Good 😍 I really don’t care about the hygiëne rating Haha.

I really like mcdonalds and burger king, the only bad burger King I experienced was one in Londen. the one in my city in the Netherlands ) is really good. But I prefer to go to the local snackbar. the chips and snacks are much better over there.😍
I’ve never got Ill yet so I will continue eating my 2* chicken doner 😂

Agree with F&Bs, we’ve had awful service there and not much better food. Also had atrocious service at Bella Italia on more than one occasion and a completely frozen duck breast served to us, I’d never go again.

Ahh donner meat is just my “no go” area. The mere sight of it spinning makes me heave 😂

Love how everyone hates KFC and how they are all clearly filthy across the U.K.

All the F&B chat, in fairness the one near us is always really good. Lovely staff, fast service and nice food. We love a wee F&B breakfast in fairness.

Nandos for me- food isn’t bad but I hate the prices and the fact it’s mostly self service at table service price.

Wetherspoons- would rather sit with nothing than eat that misery.

Reactions: 1
KFC - can't stand the place, I just imagine it's grim, I don't even know why.. It's also very expensive for what it is.

Burger King - Will choose Mds over it every time...no breakfast menu = no thank you

Frankie and Bennies - Been a few times in shopping centres and it's been cold / service been shite / food been shite... Won't go again.

Bella Italia - don't even know if they're still a thing, our local one closed down and I can see why... Was plain and boring.

Domino's pizza - gave my ex the shits every time, I know lots of people say the same... I honestly wonder why it does that to so many people

Red hot buffet - yikes so many people, so much food just sat there after being fingered😳
I barely see Bella Italia's around now. I went a few times and just felt incredibly ripped off. Definitely one on the blacklist.

I get all the hate for KFC, but I tried their quorn burger a few months ago and it was so good :love: I've been vegetarian for over 13 years now, so maybe I just really liked the batter on the quorn lol (I was also pretty stoned, maybe that has something to do with it). The chips were vile though. Good thing there was a McD's drive-thru next door lol.

Subway is also disgusting, their vegetables are watery depressing looking shite. Whole place is overhyped and overpriced IMO.

I also flat out refuse to go to is Supermacs (an irish mcdonalds knock-off). It's naaaaasty. If you need to get food poisoning so you can get off work or whatever, go there. :sick:

Dominos - ridiculously overpriced and the cheese is always burnt 😒

Reactions: 3
I like KFC but I always take it away so I can ignore the cleanliness. Agree the restaurants are a bit :sick:

Hate Subway, Burger King is strictly emergencies only and usually just get fries.

Frankie and Bennies and Pizza Hut are dire, Frankie and Bennies have always been bad but Pizza Hut has gone downhill.

Controversial probably but don’t like Greggs. Got a pizza slice from there not too long ago and it was horrible. How can you mess up pizza?!

Reactions: 8
I don’t really like the savoury stuff from Greggs - the pizza, sausage rolls and pasties taste like all the ingredients are the absolute cheapest. The factory is in my home city and it used to be a regular school trip destination. The kids who went all vowed never to eat there again 😂 My other half loves a Greggs breakfast though and really rates the coffee!

I used to love a Pizza Hut pizza. It used to be a nice cinema date type place in the early 2000’s. Grand pans don’t taste the same anymore and the restaurants are really only somewhere you would go with kids now I think.

Used to love going to Pizza Hut for a buffet lunch on a Saturday with friends. All you could eat pizza for something like £5/6. Good times, pizza was really nice too. It’s definitely not as good as it used to be.

Reactions: 11
I get all the hate for KFC, but I tried their quorn burger a few months ago and it was so good :love: I've been vegetarian for over 13 years now, so maybe I just really liked the batter on the quorn lol (I was also pretty stoned, maybe that has something to do with it). The chips were vile though. Good thing there was a McD's drive-thru next door lol.

Subway is also disgusting, their vegetables are watery depressing looking shite. Whole place is overhyped and overpriced IMO.

I also flat out refuse to go to is Supermacs (an irish mcdonalds knock-off). It's naaaaasty. If you need to get food poisoning so you can get off work or whatever, go there. :sick:
I avoid meat for the most part as well and I enjoyed the quorn burger too! Not sure the chips are veggie though so I'd probably avoid them despite them being grim. I remember having one of the krushem milkshakes when I was younger and it was a wattery mess. A reflection of the quality of KFC in general I think but I must say, from what I've seen of American KFC online, it makes me question my choices to not eat meat🤤🤤 I think Five Guys have the nicest fast food chips. Expensive but worth it for a treat imo.

Reactions: 1