Which chains are on your fast food blacklist?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you completely given up on any for whatever reason? For me it would be....

KFC - Never seen a clean restaurant and the staff always look really depressed. The food has a weird greyness about it.

Frankie & Benny's - Used to be a greatest thing ever going out to this place when I was like 12 LOL. But a few years when I went the quality was awful, also the potions were tiny for the price. I'm sure it used to be nicer

Pizza Hut - Has been nose-diving in quality for the last 10 years. It's like they've given up.

Subway - Just feels like you're being ripped off. The sandwiches always look like they've taken a battering by the time they get to you

I might think of more but generally okay with the others.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Burger King, I only ever buy a meal from them at a service station, yes it's more expensive but at least you don't have to wait all that long for your meal. There are not very many branches, parking is a problem, the coffee is tit and they are wayyyy too slow for someone in my line of work who doesn't have the luxury of time.

Subway, only tried them once but the barrage of 20 questions and the time to get the sub is insane, no good to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Anywhere that has a poor selection of vegetarian/vegan options is at the top of my list. Places that think a portobello mushroom in a burger bun is an acceptable single vegetarian meal over a vegetable patty.

More specifically

TGI fridays
Just never looks appetising. Don’t get the hype.

Burger King
Again always looked unappetising. Also sold a plant based burger that wasn’t vegan which to me defeats the point.

Pizza Hut
My local dine in has closed (the separate take out is still operating) but it was incredibly expensive compared to our local family Italian. Quality was poor. The salad bar never looked good either all open like it was 🤮🤮🤮

Reactions: 10
Burger King, I only ever buy a meal from them at a service station, yes it's more expensive but at least you don't have to wait all that long for your meal. There are not very many branches, parking is a problem, the coffee is tit and they are wayyyy too slow for someone in my line of work who doesn't have the luxury of time.

Subway, only tried them once but the barrage of 20 questions and the time to get the sub is insane, no good to me.
Burger King seemed to have a bit better reputation now than they used to. I remember in the late 90's early 00's they seemed to be the ultimate black sheep of them all.

Reactions: 2
McDonald’s, still not over them changing that perfectly good veggie burger to that nasty ass goujon stuff they have now. But who knows, they were looking at adding more vegetarian meals so maybe I can be tempted to return 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I really don’t get Subway at all. I only recently had one for the first time - we live near a drive-thru and the pandemic options for a lunch ‘out’ were limited - but the ordering process is just exhausting, I felt like I was taking an exam! I don’t know what it is with Subway and MacDonalds but both seem to have a thing where neither really display their menus at the drive-thrus and you’re just expected to know what to order somehow. I never do and I usually end up with something I don’t really want just because it’s all I can see.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Totally agree with the original poster ref KFC - the food always looks rank and that advert when they pour curdled looking gravy over a manky looking burger it makes me wanna vom! 🤮

Reactions: 5
McDonald’s, still not over them changing that perfectly good veggie burger to that nasty ass goujon stuff they have now. But who knows, they were looking at adding more vegetarian meals so maybe I can be tempted to return 🥴
For arguably the most popular fast food chain in the world, their veggie options are so bad. Even KFC has an actual vegan chicken burger these days. And subway has like 3 veggie options. Who wants bloody vegetable fingers when we should be getting veggie chicken nuggets or a veggie beef burger🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Subway is definitely a rip off. The breads used to cost about 11p per ‘foot long’ when I worked there a decade ago. It’s an insane mark up even when you factor in baking and proving. I’m still partial to a meatball marinara occasionally though.

There’s one McDonald’s near me that I avoid as the food is always tit. Once it was so bad that I was actually motivated to fill in their online question are thing they put on the receipt for the first time ever. There’s another McDonald’s near me which is always fresh and reliable.

I don’t eat meat anymore, but KFC is just rank. I’ve heard so many awful rumours about their chicken and where it comes from and the appalling welfare. There was a rumour in our town Years ago that someone went to KFC and when they bit into the chicken the realised it was actually a battered dead rat. It’s probably just an urban myth but that turned my stomach and put me off. I also knew someone who’s son got salmonella from eating KFC on holiday.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Burger King has been absolute garbage since COVID started, why is their menu still reduced all of these months on? What is left just isn't that good or worth the price - it's also more expensive than the others.

Can't lie that I do love a McDonald's though - Chicken selects and whatever cheese side (currently mozzarella dippers with salsa) is on offer is always a good one.

Franke & Bennys - loved it as a teenager but went the other year and it was tasteless! Slow service too

Subway - never understood the hype

Costa/Starbucks - why do I need to pay for coffee when I can have it at home

Frankie and Benny’s for me too... years ago now, I went through a vegetarian phase. Ordered a pizza, I think it was ham and mushroom or something but asked for no ham as they didn’t have a veggie pizza except plain margarita. So, out it comes covered in ham. Reminded them I’d asked for it with out ham on so they took it away, and I watched them pick the ham off on the pass and bring it back to me 🤦🏻‍♀️Never been back

• Sick
  • Wow
Only fast food places I've ever seen rats is KFC so I could well believe the battered ratburger. I'm talking about the customer carpark rather than the restaurant but still, also there was a kfc in Belfast that went viral and closed a few years ago because of rats. Rats rats rats sorry.
On the subject of KFC non ratburgers, daily mail had a story a while ago, someone had bitten into a chicken burger and found a teeny tiny chicken brain. I still eat the stuff, very partial to a zinger tower meal but I inspect every bite, just in case.
Dominos is my least favourite place, 100% rotten but my family love it.

• Wow
  • Sick
KFC - can't stand the place, I just imagine it's grim, I don't even know why.. It's also very expensive for what it is.

Burger King - Will choose Mds over it every time...no breakfast menu = no thank you

Frankie and Bennies - Been a few times in shopping centres and it's been cold / service been shite / food been shite... Won't go again.

Bella Italia - don't even know if they're still a thing, our local one closed down and I can see why... Was plain and boring.

Domino's pizza - gave my ex the shits every time, I know lots of people say the same... I honestly wonder why it does that to so many people

Red hot buffet - yikes so many people, so much food just sat there after being fingered😳

Reactions: 5
Ooh also won’t go to prezzo after they served me cold, raw prawns and tried to tell me they were cooked

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12