Which chains are on your fast food blacklist?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay I need to go to Five Guys. I’ve never had one
Prepare to be impressed. Dont buy the large fries unless you're going to share them with a family of 5. Get a little burger. Take as many nuts as you want. Shakes are a meal on their own. The cajun fries are amaze with a mayo dip.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I need to try five guys too. Would a regular fries be enough for two people? And are the burgers massive? I don't have a huge appetite but husband does.

Reactions: 3
Completely forgot but since someone mentioned them, Five Guys is another one on my blacklist. Average burgers and fries which aren’t that good at insane prices.

Reactions: 1
Another one that I haven't seen mentioned is Chiquitos. Their prices are extortionate for average food. We have a far superior local Mexican which is half the price and double the quality.

Reactions: 4
McDonald’s because of their crappy offerings for veggies! The old veggie deluxe was so good, and the McVegan burger you can get in other countries is unreal! Why do the leave us with crappy goujons over here! The wrap is nice but we want a seven burger 😬

Couldn't get on board with 5 Guys. Yeah it's pretty nice but no justification for the price. Plus a lot of pubs/bars have upped their game with burgers so there's always a cheaper and better option.

Not to say I don't like fast food burgers though. I like McDonald's and BK but rarely go now. So when I do it's like a nostalgia taste if you get me

I used to love a KFC, still like the food but the restaurants are always dirty with food debris all over the floor and there's ALWAYS something missing if I've gone through the drive-through. I saw that our local one was delivering but when I looked at the reviews it was near 99% "they forgot the gravy" which is an outrage!

I quite like a Burger King, I actually had a whopper meal yesterday but it was over £7!

McDonald's is probably my usual choice just for ease and especially if I'm out with husband and kids as I can order on the app and don't have to through the pain of "can I have a cheeseburger happy meal without onions, a wrap without mayo" etc. Big fan of their coffee too. Bacon rolls are dire though and they've stopped the sausage and egg bagels in their reduced menu, hash browns are the best!

Can't get the hype for Nandos. It's fine but I'm paying restaurant prices yet have to queue to order and fill up my own drinks? Don't find their portions that generous either.

I used to be a fan of a Toby Carvery but went to one somewhere when we were doing a long journey and it was dirty and the food was really sub standard plus they were really stingy with the meat and it really put me off.

Brewer's Fayre I won't go near either now. Went for lunch at a local one and it was dire. Was back and forth to the till about half a dozen times as loads of stuff wasn't available so had to keeping asking people to change what they wanted. They then brought half the meals while the rest of us were still waiting. Management couldn't give a tit. It wasn't even busy. Also had a crap carvery a few years before that, my dad said he could have made shoes from the beef as it was so tough! Thankfully my kids are a bit beyond the soft play stage which was the main motivation for going there.

Papa John's was rank the only time I tried them. The dip thing made me feel ill from the smell.

Dominos need to bring back half and half! It's so annoying.

Won't touch Pizza Express. Have had some awful meals there, it's mostly been service related than the actual food but it just totally ruins it.

I need to try five guys too. Would a regular fries be enough for two people? And are the burgers massive? I don't have a huge appetite but husband does.
The other half and I tried Five Guys recently and it was ok, very expensive but not bad. I would say the regular fries are enough for two - we had takeaway and they suggest warming them in the oven to crisp them up, and when we tipped them out they filled a baking tray. They were reeeeeaaaaaallly salty though, and I love salt. The burgers had a good flavour but they weren’t really that huge. I had a single, other half had a double and we weren’t overwhelmed. The only thing I didn’t love was that because weren’t eating them straight away, the toppings made them a bit cold. I didn’t try the milkshake as I’m not a friend of dairy, but they did look good.

The five guys fries make me feel poorly (I still eat them like) but I think it’s because they are cooked in peanut oil and I’m sensitive to peanuts.

Has anyone tried GBK? It shut down in my city but I used to think they were good. Went to Byron Burger once, didn’t see the fuss. Shake shack I visited once in Covent Garden and wow, that was nice.

Want a burger now. 😂

Sorry, I know its not a rave thread. But Wahlburgers Covent garden, excellent, was so sad to hear it closed. Sure we'll blacklist them for closing.
I don't know why five guys is so dear or how they get away with it but let's blacklist!
Frankie and bennys used to be our weekend treat but they changed a lot of the favourites like wings, sad, I used to get hammered on their cocktails.
Detest yo sushi have yet to have a good feed. The last time I was there whatever I was served hadn't been properly defrosted.

Subway is just slop in a roll

Hate Burger King, always think the restaurants (even calling it a restaurant sounds wrong 😂) are filthy. Husband loves it i wont go near it anymore.

Five Guys and Tgi Friday are an absolute rip off

like a Costa/Starbucks/Cafe Nero coffee but wouldn’t touch the food

I used to LOVE Frankie and Benny’s but in recent years it has gone downhill.

I don’t really eat out much because allergies (Five Guys is a no Go for me). I tend to stick to individual pub restaurants but all my favourite local ones have disappeared in the past couple of years. So at the moment I really only can rely on local Zizzis and that’s pretty much a “mehhh” place.

I remember having one of those giant cookies in Frankie and Bennys and it was burned to a crisp. It even tasted burned!

The five guys fries make me feel poorly (I still eat them like) but I think it’s because they are cooked in peanut oil and I’m sensitive to peanuts.

Has anyone tried GBK? It shut down in my city but I used to think they were good. Went to Byron Burger once, didn’t see the fuss. Shake shack I visited once in Covent Garden and wow, that was nice.

Want a burger now. 😂
I had an unrelated panic attack in GBK once in London and I can’t even think about the place without feeling nauseous now 😂😂 same with sweet potato fries 🤢 just no

Agree with you all about KFC I thought it was just the KFC near me that had rat problems. Just googled and it’s everywhere, don’t think I’ll be eating there again 😭🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I haven't had a KFC in yonks, perfect fried chicken is the only place for me now and it's local.

Hate Burger King, always think the restaurants (even calling it a restaurant sounds wrong 😂) are filthy. Husband loves it i wont go near it anymore.

Actually liked cafe nero sandwiches and starbucks food - overpriced though

KFC - had it once, too much dough needed to get through to what I'm not sure is chicken

Macdonalds - Always think their burgers taste and smell weird, like peanuts or soy or something. (much prefer Burger King or Domino's)

I haven’t had any fast food since last March and I don’t miss it. I relied on drive thru way too much. But who knows what will happen as life gets busier again.

cant believe i forgot to put KFC on my list- the chicken is like wet sponge 🤢