Which chains are on your fast food blacklist?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I avoid meat for the most part as well and I enjoyed the quorn burger too! Not sure the chips are veggie though so I'd probably avoid them despite them being grim. I remember having one of the krushem milkshakes when I was younger and it was a wattery mess. A reflection of the quality of KFC in general I think but I must say, from what I've seen of American KFC online, it makes me question my choices to not eat meat🤤🤤 I think Five Guys have the nicest fast food chips. Expensive but worth it for a treat imo.
I didn't know the kfc fries weren't vegetarian :eek: good things I took a look at my ones and said noooooope and gave them to my friend lol

Also yes to five guys chips! Definitely the best and 100% vegetarian, yum. I also love their coke freestyle machines haha.

Reactions: 3
McDonald’s breakfasts. There’s nothing nice about them.
I’m partial to a double cheeseburger and fries from there though.
Burger King just reminds me of being hungover in airports coming home from hen do’s.
I refuse to get pizza from take away places as the mark up is just ridiculous.
Picking up on the Maccy d Breakfasts, I have tried many items on their breakfast menu, I do agree that some items are
not exactly very nice, however I do love the Flatbread and their muffins. I haven't been brave enough for the bacon roll
which seems overpriced to me. AT least they don't charge you extra for the coffee unlike their main meal deals.

Oh and Pizza, I get mine from the Supermarket, cheaper for a start.

Not a fan of chains to be honest but the only ones I like are ones with decent coffee and sandwiches like Pret and Nero, I only go there though if there’s no other option and prefer independent cafes. For fast food I used to love Wimpys as that had character.

Not a fan of chains to be honest but the only ones I like are ones with decent coffee and sandwiches like Pret and Nero, I only go there though if there’s no other option and prefer independent cafes. For fast food I used to love Wimpys as that had character.
It's a shame Wimpy's got pretty much killed off in the UK by all the much shitter chains

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Pizza Hut salad bar was a right treat growing up 🤣 I remember you could get free salad bowl refills and loads of pizza. They’ve changed the bases and it just isn’t the same.

Dominoes is plastic pizza IMO, they used to give slices away at the student Union at uni along with a load of discount vouchers. I do rate Papa Johns though but it is V pricey. I prefer getting my pizzas from M&S etc.

Reactions: 5
For fast food I used to love Wimpys as that had character.
Oh my, WImpy, Ah the memories of a well cooked meal, many wouldn't believe this but Wimpy are still
alive and kicking. I haven't been to Wimpy in many years, if I ever got the chance, I'd be in one!!

Reactions: 6
With Pizza Hut I noticed everything started to go downhill once they got rid of their free mints in like 2005. Definitely one of the worst business decisions of all time.

Reactions: 7
Picking up on the Maccy d Breakfasts, I have tried many items on their breakfast menu, I do agree that some items are
not exactly very nice, however I do love the Flatbread and their muffins. I haven't been brave enough for the bacon roll
which seems overpriced to me. AT least they don't charge you extra for the coffee unlike their main meal deals.

Oh and Pizza, I get mine from the Supermarket, cheaper for a start.
To be fair I do enjoy McDonald’s coffee, it’s very good and very reasonably priced!

Reactions: 2
Pizza Hut salad bar was a right treat growing up 🤣 I remember you could get free salad bowl refills and loads of pizza. They’ve changed the bases and it just isn’t the same.

Dominoes is plastic pizza IMO, they used to give slices away at the student Union at uni along with a load of discount vouchers. I do rate Papa Johns though but it is V pricey. I prefer getting my pizzas from M&S etc.
Oh no I much prefer dominos to papa johns! My bf disagrees, it causes many an argument about what to get for tea 😂 I find papa johns overly sweet? Like even the dough is sweet and don’t get me started on that abomination that is special garlic dip! 🤢 sorry dommies all the way 😅

Pret, Starbucks and Costa - all overpriced.

Zizzi's, went once and waited ages for food and it wasn't anything special.

To be fair I do enjoy McDonald’s coffee, it’s very good and very reasonably priced!
Agree, they do a nice Flat White, nearly as good as Pret!

Someone just mentioned Papa John's, never had a pizza from them and never will, they are blacklisted for the most insane reason.
Their delivery children on their bloody mopeds are the most dangerous riders on the roads, I've been cut up by those little pricks
so many times.

I don’t eat meat anymore, but KFC is just rank. I’ve heard so many awful rumours about their chicken and where it comes from and the appalling welfare. There was a rumour in our town Years ago that someone went to KFC and when they bit into the chicken the realised it was actually a battered dead rat. It’s probably just an urban myth but that turned my stomach and put me off. I also knew someone who’s son got salmonella from eating KFC on holiday.
i hate KFC and have always joking called it Kentucky Fried Rat as the chicken always looks so unappealing a strange greyish colour . i dont get the fascination with it

Oh no I much prefer dominos to papa johns! My bf disagrees, it causes many an argument about what to get for tea 😂 I find papa johns overly sweet? Like even the dough is sweet and don’t get me started on that abomination that is special garlic dip! 🤢 sorry dommies all the way 😅
Oh yeah, wtf is that garlic butter dip all about 😂

• Haha
KFC, I once caught gastroenteritis as a child and it knocked me out for two weeks, by ‘knocked me out’ I mean ‘lying in hospital on a drip, hallucinating and shitting myself’ 🥴 the doctor on call was puzzled and asked what had I eaten, KFC Mum told them, the doctor held his hands up and said say no more, I've worked there in the past please don’t trust their hygiene standards! I have had KFC since then admittedly but every time I’ve been ill with stomach issues so refuse to touch it now, don’t feel like I’m missing out on much tbh!

Oh my, WImpy, Ah the memories of a well cooked meal, many wouldn't believe this but Wimpy are still
alive and kicking. I haven't been to Wimpy in many years, if I ever got the chance, I'd be in one!!
We’ve got a local Wimpy 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 8
i hate KFC and have always joking called it Kentucky Fried Rat as the chicken always looks so unappealing a strange greyish colour . i dont get the fascination with it
There was a rumour of someone being serve a fried rat, this was in Surrey back in the 80's, it was KFC, I think that's where the joke started.

I have to admit I've never been to many of the Chains mentioned in this rather cool thread.
Mind you that's because I don't have a social life mainly. Reading the comments have been
quite interesting.