Which chains are on your fast food blacklist?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last time I went to Burger King there wasn’t even anyone cooking food, just a few fries and nuggets left on the side 🤮 This was before Covid... Hell hole.

At least McDonald’s is clean and fresh.

Reactions: 5
McDonald's - awful. No.

KFC - that chicken coating is like eating wet sandpaper 🤢

Subway - like others, by the time I've answered all the 'do you want' I'm not even hungry any more!

Chinese - any. If this offends anyone I'm so sorry but since seeing pictures I shouldn't have looked at about animals in those wet markets my brain associates the two and I can't eat it. I now cook my own at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
McDonald’s breakfasts. There’s nothing nice about them.
I’m partial to a double cheeseburger and fries from there though.
Burger King just reminds me of being hungover in airports coming home from hen do’s.
I refuse to get pizza from take away places as the mark up is just ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Nandos. So underwhelming. Burger King is a bit rubbish too and so expensive.

Reactions: 3
Pizza Express. Don't understand why everyone raves about it. Not that nice and rather expensive.

TGI Fridays, not nice, cold food

Burger King :sick: I’ve only had it once at Thorpe Park but it was just blergh and the thought of it just makes me feel sick

All the chains listed about in my hometown seem to be perfectly fine, a lot of them have had a refurb though so that's probably why...
I remember the McDonalds used to have gherkins stuck to the window 😂

There can't be a worse McDonald's than the one in Amsterdam though with the pigeons inside!

• Haha
I don’t mind a nandos but like someone mentioned above about kfc chicken, I always think Nando’s chicken has a funny aftertaste and I always feel disappointed in myself that I’ve had Nando’s when I could have made a nicer one at home 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I used to love a Frankie and Benny’s too. The menu was decent and it all looked quite nice. But a few years ago we visited. The menus had changed and looked like something from a greasy spoon and loads of options removed.

KFC - I don’t eat meat but even when I did I didn’t get the hype. The gravy is fit though. I don’t know if it is just the KFC by me but when I go for my partner they always have ran out of something or the card machine isn’t working. There is always a problem.

Reactions: 1
Subway - very concerned about their food hygiene standards

KFC - so so greasy and I worry about rats

Burger King - tastes awful and I prefer McDonald's

Since people mentioned Frankie & Benny's, I remember some changes made to the menu around 2013 which were dire. I think they were eventually dropped but I remember them not using a plate any more for burgers (I think it was a plank of wood) and using a paper bag for chips. They probably thought it was quirky but it just came off as cheap.

Loved it when I was a child but fairly lukewarm on it now. Not awful but can see why it is hated.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Since people mentioned Frankie & Benny's, I remember some changes made to the menu around 2013 which were dire. I think they were eventually dropped but I remember them not using a plate any more for burgers (I think it was a plank of wood) and using a paper bag for chips. They probably thought it was quirky but it just came off as cheap.

Loved it when I was a child but fairly lukewarm on it now. Not awful but can see why it is hated.
Remember Harvester switching to metal trays for a while? Thank god they stopped that.

Agree with everyone about Frankie & Benny’s. Only been 3 times and never had a nice meal. The last time we went our server was so rude. They were obviously in a bad mood and took it out on the customers.

I don’t like Subway either. The food is average and overpriced.

Weatherspoons as well. Had a curry there which tasted exactly like a supermarket ready meal.

Agree about Frankie and bennies. Only been a couple of times in my life but I remember the restaurants being quite dark and food was average at best. I’m amazed they haven’t closed down yet to be honest as no one seems to enjoy going there.

F and B's is shockingly bad.

Dominos - I'm not even sure why, I used to like it. But now even the idea of it turns me.

Only fast food places I've ever seen rats is KFC so I could well believe the battered ratburger. I'm talking about the customer carpark rather than the restaurant but still, also there was a kfc in Belfast that went viral and closed a few years ago because of rats. Rats rats rats sorry.
On the subject of KFC non ratburgers, daily mail had a story a while ago, someone had bitten into a chicken burger and found a teeny tiny chicken brain. I still eat the stuff, very partial to a zinger tower meal but I inspect every bite, just in case.
Dominos is my least favourite place, 100% rotten but my family love it.
I take it you also remember the Caffe Nero with the rats on the counter too! I have a friend works in construction and has done a number of projects in Belfast city centre and says its crawling with rats down all the alleyways businesses back onto.

• Haha
I haven’t been in Subway for years even though it’s regularly an option. Overpriced for something not very special. I can make much much better sandwiches at my house for a fraction of the price very quickly and with very little effort. I do love their cookies though. KFC is also regularly an option but I ever pick it. Again, haven’t had that in years as I prefer other places. And I’m no fast food snob - I adore McDonalds!

F and B's is shockingly bad.

Dominos - I'm not even sure why, I used to like it. But now even the idea of it turns me.

I take it you also remember the Caffe Nero with the rats on the counter too! I have a friend works in construction and has done a number of projects in Belfast city centre and says its crawling with rats down all the alleyways businesses back onto.
Hadn't heard the Nero one, thats disappointing as its my favourite of all the coffee chains. Belfast has a huge problem with pigeons too, they're a total menace and I've seen videos of the gulls eating rats. The city centre has got very run down over recent years 😟

Yosushi - not particularly high quality but the price sure is high! I'd rate the sushi about as high as the Tesco factory stuff. I'd rather eat somewhere more expensive but far higher quality.

Itsu - pretends to be all healthy but lots of the food is junk. They must use loads of msg or something as I've had terrible headaches from some of the stuff.

I don’t eat meat anymore, but KFC is just rank. I’ve heard so many awful rumours about their chicken and where it comes from and the appalling welfare. There was a rumour in our town Years ago that someone went to KFC and when they bit into the chicken the realised it was actually a battered dead rat. It’s probably just an urban myth but that turned my stomach and put me off. I also knew someone who’s son got salmonella from eating KFC on holiday.
I won't touch KFC. My family eat it but it's far too greasy for me. Did a 'fakeaway' KFC type chicken a couple of weeks ago. Easy and thumbs up all round.

Reactions: 4