Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Today.
I’ve just had my second missed miscarriage in 3.5 months. 3rd overall. First one was last year and I was 18 weeks.
My management treatment has failed and was told the first appt to now go as an inpatient is Xmas eve or I have to wait until next week. Hardly anyone knows so I’m worried I’m going to start naturally miscarrying over the weekend or have to go in Xmas eve and miss it altogether.
I already feel like Xmas is ruined. Everywhere I look I’m surrounded by people having this lovely time with their families doing all these lovely Christmassy things.I’m so jealous and resentful of people having their children and my stupid body can’t do anything right.
I’ve got to go back to work tomorrow. And fear what will happen. I work with small children too.
My friend lost her dad a few months ago, she’s really poorly in the lead up to Xmas and she’s separated from her husband this year. She’s really struggling and I feel guilty I can’t be emotionally there more for her, but still resent her having Xmas with her two kids because despite her having difficulty with conception and carrying, she still got her babies. It makes me feel horrible and bitter. And I am. But I don’t know how else to feel.

It’s just all a bit much.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

tigerlilly_xx

Chatty Member
This morning, I’ve been feeling so down recently, I’ve got a personality disorder too so life is just hard all over.

My best friend lives near London, he woke up at 4.30am this morning, drove all the way to near Manchester to bring me McDonald’s breakfast, his mum recently passed away last weekend, she was into plants, he’s brought me 2 of her plants to keep also. Ima put my all into looking after them and I feel so blessed to have such an amazing friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Blockster

It's the second anniversary today of my lovely dad's death, it's a day not so much dwelling on his passing but the fact I haven't seen him for 2 years 💔.
Plus my husband has gone away today for the weekend with his mate surfing and I feel, probably very selfishly abit sorry for myself.

• Heart
  • Sad

WilmaHun

VIP Member
This morning. A friend lost a family member very suddenly earlier in the week. This morning my Mum phoned me to tell me my cousin has passed away very suddenly over night :( It's all such a shock

• Sad
  • Heart

Littleelf

VIP Member
Today and most days the past week or so. I find Christmas quite difficult, so full of memories that can be very painful. I feel incredibly lonely at this time of year. Keeping up the facade of everything being magical and wonderful for the kids is quite draining. I wish I could hide away until it is over.

• Heart

Melmoo

Chatty Member
I’m not surprised you’re at breaking point, I really hope you get some positive news.
Thank you xxx sometimes u wonder what u did in a previous life to deserve what feels like a life of constant sadness and grief. I'm usually positive and upbeat just feeling sorry for myself atm. I genuinely want to say to everyone on here who is sad I am so sorry and a massive virtual hug to all xxx

• Heart

lupanda

Last night, I got the call that my grandma likely doesn’t have long.

honestly, it was mostly relief. She’s OLD and she’s been paralyzed and bed bound for 20 years now, after a stroke. And she has cancer that somehow has only just started to kill her (we’ve known about it for about 10 years now but decided not to treat it). We all hate to think it but we all wish she hadn’t survived that first stroke.
I will miss her, because there are days when I see a glimmer of her old self, but she’s been ‘gone’ for a while. I want her to finally rest.

• Heart
  • Sad

mee43

VIP Member
This morning. Christmas is a difficult time. Lost my Dad a year ago and still miss him so much. Work getting me down - no one talks because we’re so very busy and short staffed and the atmosphere is horrible.
I feel like I’ve got so much to do at home before Christmas and so little time to do it in, plus lots of other little things are adding up to big things in my mind.
And then I’m having Christmas at mine but frankly I’d rather not have Christmas at all - I get so sad and stressed at this time of year…..This morning it all got on top of me. But I do find crying helps sometimes!

• Heart

Gidget00_

VIP Member
About an hour ago, my grandmother is 97 and was actually active enough until a few months ago but now she wants to stay in bed all day which of course is expected at her age but this morning when I went to my parents house ( she moved in with them when she became less active) she said ‘ I want this song played at my funeral’ and she held my hand and was singing it, I struggled not to cry in front of her because even though she is old and has had such a healthy and happy life the thought of her not being around is just unimaginable. She has always been the rock of my family and her doctor said recently her heart is weak, which is expected at her age. I just can’t imagine her not being around anymore , she’s so funny and positive, just being around her lifts my mood if I ever feel down 🙁

• Heart

Here for gossip

Chatty Member
I cry must days, I personally don't like Xmas I find this time of year extremely depressing, am a single mother and I do try for my 5 year old son but deep down I can't wait to see the back of it, Xmas was always with family who are no longer with use anymore so it hasn't been the same since 😢 I find Xmas so lonely

• Heart

mixusmaxus

This week. I’m quite ill and nobody knows what’s actually wrong with me. And to top it off this month multiple doctors, nurses and A&E have missed not one, but two infections and deficiencies despite me repeatedly asking them to check them. They were too busy telling me ‘I’m just stressed’. I’m on the right medication now and have gone private but it’s been extremely upsetting feeling so horrendously ill and having so called medical professionals telling you it’s in your head. I understand there’s a lot of compassion fatigue around at the moment but these were basic tests. I ended up telling NHS111 that I refused to go back to A&E because they didn’t even do basic tests despite me having ongoing and new high blood pressure and chest pains too and she was genuinely horrified. And that’s not including the other problems they missed! Women are dying all too often because their symptoms and knowledge of their own bodies aren’t respected. I’m considering filing a complaint when I feel better.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

BonBon27

VIP Member
Thursday night at a Michael Buble concert - he finished with Always on My Mind by Elvis. My mum loved Michael and Elvis, and the lyrics of the song make me think of her and how I wish I’d spent more time with her when she was alive. Don’t get me wrong, we were close, but I did prioritise my own life, friends and then my boyfriend/husband over her sometimes because that’s what you do, right? Take your parents for granted. Anyway I bawled!

• Heart

idk2

VIP Member
Today. I was reading Tom from The Wanted's interview about his terminal brain cancer. It hit close to home.

• Sad
  • Heart

Hope96

VIP Member
Today! I miss my ex and it's shit... it doesn't seem to be getting easier and it's been over a year since the break up. :cry::cry:

• Heart
  • Sad

mee43

VIP Member
This morning. I’m not alone but I do feel lonely lately. Then I cried some more because I’m actually utterly exhausted from caring and looking out for everyone, and I realised that, for all that, I rarely get a hug when I cry.

• Heart
  • Sad

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
This morning thinking that this time last year my dog was sat guarding the turkey cooking in the oven. He is sadly no longer with us and bloody hell it's a physical pain some days.
I know how you feel, our old Greyhound died in September & today he would have been in & out of the kitchen, looking for his share of the roast potatoes & chicken.
We miss him terribly
20220804_203339.jpg

• Heart
  • Sad