What's your cheap/guilty pleasure food?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hospital rice pudding, I was in hospital for 3 days after having my son and again at 3 weeks postpartum and I had rice pudding at every opportunity, so much so I can't wait to have another child so I can get me some delivered to my bed deliciousness 🤤

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ok never heard about it.
So it’s a spread.yeast extract.well, I learn something new everyday.what does it taste ?
It’s a British institution. In Australia they have Vegemite, which is similar.

Reactions: 1
It’s a British institution. In Australia they have Vegemite, which is similar.
Oh ok thank you I hesitated to compare this to vegemite.Because the prononciation is almost the same, let alone the look of the jar.

Reactions: 2
Marmite pasta - I think my Nona might roll in her grave if I ever even try it 😂 🇮🇹

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Marmite pasta - I think my Nona might roll in her grave if I ever even try it 😂 🇮🇹
Nah, it’s ok, Nigella got it from Anna del Conte’s memoir, ,
Risotto with Nettles. She likens the marmite to stock.

Supernoodles have been mentioned a lot rightly so 😋 I like to make a sandwich with supernoodles for the filling and sometimes I even add mayonnaise to the sandwich bread 🥰

Reactions: 7
I think I need to try Marmite pasta! [emoji23][emoji23]
One more, potato waffles with melted cheese on top and ketchup! [emoji1786][emoji1786]

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Supernoodles have been mentioned a lot rightly so 😋 I like to make a sandwich with supernoodles for the filling and sometimes I even add mayonnaise to the sandwich bread 🥰
Oh, you are not joking ! 😂

Reactions: 3
I think I need to try Marmite pasta! [emoji23][emoji23]
One more, potato waffles with melted cheese on top and ketchup! [emoji1786][emoji1786]
I do that but minus the ketchup. I like American mustard with potato things.

@Fatima, it's so tasty! You should definitely try! These are my fave. [emoji108]

@Mustard, will definitely try, thanks!

Which actually brings me to another all time fave of mine, grilled cheese or toastie, depending where you're from! My faves are cheddar with mustard and mayo with ham and cheddar. The whiter the bread, the better! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji1786][emoji1786]

@Fatima, it's so tasty! You should definitely try! These are my fave. [emoji108]

@Mustard, will definitely try, thanks!

Which actually brings me to another all time fave of mine, grilled cheese or toastie, depending where you're from! My faves are cheddar with mustard and mayo with ham and cheddar. The whiter the bread, the better! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji1786][emoji1786]
Oooh, I like cheese and onion with lots of pepper. I call it grilled cheese cuz that’s what they call it in the USA where I was born. Great with tomato soup.

OMG Meg yes for the toasties! 🤤🤤
With homemade sandwich bread into the panini press,delicious.
Our absolute favorite in the summer with some salad.
Favorite combination for me : raclette cheese and smoked turkey ham
smoked salmon with sliced goat cheese 🤤🤤

Oooh, I like cheese and onion with lots of pepper. I call it grilled cheese cuz that’s what they call it in the USA where I was born. Great with tomato soup.
Yes, cheese and onion is heavenly!!
When I'm feeling fancy, I do grilled cheese the French way (croque monsieur), with béchamel sauce and bake it in the oven. So so good!! [emoji1786][emoji1786][emoji1786] If I could pick my last meal on Earth, this would be it!! [emoji23][emoji23]

@Fatima, I love those combos as well!! This thread is fab for testing our willpower! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Yesss I do it in the oven too on winter (for richness lol) croque monsieur with a veggie soup.

Yesss I do it in the oven too on winter (for richness lol) croque monsieur with a veggie soup.
Yes!!
I recently discovered 1 minute mug cakes and it's been life-changing. [emoji85][emoji85] Sky is the limit!!

I do open faced cheese on toast like this too.
Butter some bread on one side, put in oven. I use a small toaster oven. Cook for five minutes or so, then spread with mustard and mayo and add cheese, ham if liked and cook for a further period until cheese is melted and bubbling. Need to be careful that edges don’t burn.

Reactions: 4
Yes!!
I recently discovered 1 minute mug cakes and it's been life-changing. [emoji85][emoji85] Sky is the limit!!
I was always hesitating in doing them (Gemma Staford from bigger bolder baking has great recipes) in the fear of being disappointed (from me, who cook very often and very various things, a cake needs an oven (lol) and his time in it to develop his flavors lol lol ).is it worth it?