What's your cheap/guilty pleasure food?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone have what we called โ€˜egg chopped up in a cupโ€™? ๐Ÿ˜† basically soft boiled egg, butter and salt ๐Ÿ˜.
Oh and a banana sandwich (white bread) with loads of sugar on the top.
Takes me back to my childhood.

Reactions: 12
Did anyone have what we called โ€˜egg chopped up in a cupโ€™? ๐Ÿ˜† basically soft boiled egg, butter and salt ๐Ÿ˜.
Oh and a banana sandwich (white bread) with loads of sugar on the top.
Takes me back to my childhood.
I used to have the egg when I was little and I love banana sandwiches but without the sugar

Tuna sandwich on thick white bread with ready salted crips shoved in. My fave!

Reactions: 9
Well, it seems that crisps sandwiches are really a thing on here lol, my brothers might indeed have good taste and me not lol.(the idea of a sandwich with crips makes me nauseous, lol).

Reactions: 1
Well, it seems that crisps sandwiches are really a thing on here lol, my brothers might indeed have good taste and me not lol.(the idea of a sandwich with crips makes me nauseous, lol).
Can't beat a crisp sandwich!
Any Sheffielders on here? A delicacy up our way is ready salted crisp (or pickled onion monster munch!) With Henderson's relish shaken on ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Reactions: 6
Banana on very buttery toast with a bit of salt sprinkled on top ๐Ÿคค

Comfort food with zero nutritional value for me - super-noodles drowned in soya sauce, microwave bags of savoury rice drowned in soya sauce and the toppermost of the poppermost Birdseye Potato Waffles they're waffly versatile.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Always when ill; this was my mum's go to cure for all. With a mug of hot vimto or bovril

1. Chicken and mushroom pot noodle
  2. Fray bentos
  3. Tin of cold macaroni cheese (put it in a blender makes fantastic cheese sause for lasagna)
  4. Toast with salt (nothing else)
  5. cold toast with Cold cold salty butter
  6. hot toast with butter and peanut butter, melting so it runs down your chin
  7. Not on keto but bulletproof coffee - black coffee, nob of butter whizzed up in blender
  8. tinned meatballs
  9. Cup of mushy peas with loads of salt and vinegar and in november, bonfire night, the same but with black peas
  10. and as i am northern a pastie barm

my most disgusting habit, not guilty pleasure, thoroughly shameful and cant believe i am admitting to it.......after eating a flurry or mr whippy type frozen dessert, they tend to regurgitate one me and I dont spit, I swallow.....๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿคญ

i'll get me coat.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I don't consider Marmite pasta a guilty pleasure ๐Ÿ˜It's my favourite dish ever, I cook it like a boss and it came to me from Italy via gorgeous Nige.

๐Ÿ†

Reactions: 3
Can't beat a crisp sandwich!
Any Sheffielders on here? A delicacy up our way is ready salted crisp (or pickled onion monster munch!) With Henderson's relish shaken on ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Iโ€™m desperate to get some Henderson's Relish here in London. My mother is from Sheffield.

Iโ€™m desperate to get some Henderson's Relish here in London. My mother is from Sheffield.
They've started selling it in Lincolnshire where I now live so they're branching out a bit but I think you can order it online? I'd send you some but I'm moving abroad in a day so I'll be struggling myself ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

They've started selling it in Lincolnshire where I now live so they're branching out a bit but I think you can order it online? I'd send you some but I'm moving abroad in a day so I'll be struggling myself ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
Thanks! Will have another look online. Some of my relatives *emigrated* from outside Lincoln to Sheffield.

This is the exact combo I was going to reply on this thread with! I add salt and pepper for a bit of jazz
OMG you two are brilliant. Iโ€™ve never tried this stuff, but my toddler will love it (as long as he only eats vegetables the rest of that day ๐Ÿคช)

I have quit super noodles, but after reading this I'm craving a super noodle butty more than ever! I discovered Nissin Demae Ramen a while ago and the sesame and spicy ones are soo good! Has anyone else tried them?

Also you've got to love a good beans on toast, with loads of butter, cheese and pepper ๐Ÿคค

I feel like Iโ€™m missing out having never tried marmite & pasta ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Super noodles, chopped up spring onion, grated cheese and smothered in salad cream.

Reactions: 4
I was home alone this evening. I totally smashed potato waffles on toast :D No regrets!

• Haha
Reactions: 7