What's your cheap/guilty pleasure food?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread has made me soooo hungry!!

Strawberry angel delight and crumbled digestives
Cheese slices 😍
Cornflake pie so cheap to make and the best thing ever with custard
And crisp butties but has to be salt and vinegar crisp 😭😍🀀
Love a crisp sandwich. I like cheese and onion too.

Reactions: 3
Corned beef in a tin mixed with mashed potatoes. My mother used to call it corned beef hash but it would literally just be smooth mash/corned beef and less of a hash lol.

Oh and served with Heinz beans.

I used to have those burgers and gravy in a tin and would refer to it as "cat food". lol.

Reactions: 5
I did love cheese and onion but since I was pregnant I can not stand them [emoji1787][emoji1787] really want a crisp butty now [emoji24]
And I want one of each mentioned on here! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Reactions: 2
Fondant fancies, they taste better than any cake I've had in a Michelin restaurant and were on offer for 85p a packet recently, and I resisted the urge to comfort eat a box or two after a difficult day.

Pickled onion monster munch, they taste like they're stripping your body of something but it's nostalgic.

Party rings, they look far better than they taste and if you drop the packet every single one will break but still.
Not a fan of the themed/seasonal Fondant fancies...the lemon ones or the frosted fancies or Halloween ones. Why mess with perfection?! My sister would try to convince me the yellow,pink and brown ones all tasted the same...fond memories of childhood.

Reactions: 7
Not a fan of the themed/seasonal Fondant fancies...the lemon ones or the frosted fancies or Halloween ones. Why mess with perfection?! My sister would try to convince me the yellow,pink and brown ones all tasted the same...fond memories of childhood.
Loads are convinced they taste the same, when they really dont. Anyone can taste the difference in a blind test.

That reminds me of the fairy cakes that were lemon, strawberry and vanilla. They were 99p 15 years ago and now are 1.15, not bad. They were a tad boring but I loved them during college days 😁
114697011_0_640x640.jpg

Reactions: 9
This was my ultimate pregnancy craving - on waffles not bread with plastic burger cheese grilled on top.

Also, one for the cheap noodle fans - ko lee chicken noodles, 50p a pack are utterly delicious
I was the biggest supernoodle fan but since discovering ko lee noodles they have been cast aside. The ones in a pot are delicious as well and a bit like a cheap version of chicken noodle soup.

Rustlers burgers
Asda smart price mince pie (savoury, not the Xmas ones)
An all day breakfast in a tin on toast with cheese. All disgusting processed crap but all delicious!!

Reactions: 1
Heinz tomato soup with rice in it since I was a little girl.
A pregnancy craving that stuck with me was a bowl of croutons covered in blue cheese salad dressing πŸ™ˆ the epitome of health I know!

Anyone remember Tex mex super noodles, they were the best ones, BRIGHT yellow like they would stain your worktop if there was a spillage, used to mix smoked sausage through them too, do u get them in england? Also the pink french fancy is by far the best one!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg this thread πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
You guys remind me my little brothers with your crisp sandwiches (who would made these on holidays in Algeria).I never understood why they love it, well now I do.lol.

As for me, my absolute favorite thing I would make (sorry can’t go back to supermarket’s crap) when hungry is vanilla pudding.delicious.I would eat an entire pan πŸ˜‚.

Reactions: 5
When I was a teen pretty much everyone in the school would buy an iced bun with their lunch (every day! :rolleyes:) - cheap and crappy but somehow tasted sooooo good, especially considering that it was essentially just a bit of fluffy bread with sugar on!

Occasionally I'll pick them up in the supermarket now - a pack of 6 iced fingers for a quid - and I'm instantly transported to that stinky, old, school canteen. Magic!

Reactions: 8
Tin of baked beans, add some vinegar, butter and hot sauce, heat, add grated cheese, have on buttered toast, Can spread marmite on toast sometimes.

Also, grilled tomatoes, or heat tinned toms if none fresh, on buttered toast (granary preferably) spread with either Daddies sauce or marmite.

Fried egg, with melted cheese on top, in a sandwich or roll.

Tinned rice pudding, heated, with a blob of red jam on top, (cherry, raspberry or strawberry)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sooo many πŸ˜‚

Pasta with cheese butter and salt...

Bachelors cheese n broccoli pasta

Crisp and marmite sandwiches

Smash 😍

Reactions: 8
Sooo many [emoji23]

Pasta with cheese butter and salt...

Bachelors cheese n broccoli pasta

Crisp and marmite sandwiches