What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm annoyed by something that is completely none of my business, but anyway

A girl from school has posted on social media that she has a girlfriend and they went out for a date. She has a kid with her male partner and I get the impression he is the breadwinner in the family .
She is one of those people that always needs reassurance that people find her attractive, and don't think she'd be to pleased I'd the situation was reversed. I feel quite sorry for her fella .

I don't know why it's annoyed me so much .

Reactions: 4
I bought the teen an extra pair of black jeans for 6th form so they could wear them in rotation and always have a clean pair. They are all in the wash now. Teen is complaining they have to wear something they don't like , and I've had to take my jeans out to fit their's in the wash.

Reactions: 2
I bought the teen an extra pair of black jeans for 6th form so they could wear them in rotation and always have a clean pair. They are all in the wash now. Teen is complaining they have to wear something they don't like , and I've had to take my jeans out to fit their's in the wash.
my kids took the piss until I made them owners of their own washing and ironing. Never again after that did clean ironed washing just get shoved into the dirty pile because they could not be arsed to put it away, after I had washed iron and placed it neatly at the end of their beds and they thought it ok to let it fall on the floor and walk over it

No more "mum where is my........." not my problem

• Heart
Reactions: 7
my kids took the piss until I made them owners of their own washing and ironing. Never again after that did clean ironed washing just get shoved into the dirty pile because they could not be arsed to put it away, after I had washed iron and placed it neatly at the end of their beds and they thought it ok to let it fall on the floor and walk over it

I think I'll implement this, good life lessons there.

Reactions: 4

It's my husband that puts unworn clothes back in the washing basket cos he has left them on the floor. I just put them back on the clean pile, folded

My mum asked if she could come shopping with me today. I had to go here, there and everywhere.
So I went out of my way to pick her up. Spent alot but included shampoo which was £15 that will last me a month, makeup that was £15 etc. Went to 3 different shops as needed different stuff from different places. As I was paying in Aldi she said OMG you've spent X amount in total. Her X amount she said I spent was £70 more than I had actually spent. I said to her how did you work that out blah blah blah. Then I had to go out of my way to take her home.
She wanders off in the shops so I spend half my time searching for her and is overall just bloody annoying. She can take herself next time 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My mum asked if she could come shopping with me today. I had to go here, there and everywhere.
So I went out of my way to pick her up. Spent alot but included shampoo which was £15 that will last me a month, makeup that was £15 etc. Went to 3 different shops as needed different stuff from different places. As I was paying in Aldi she said OMG you've spent X amount in total. Her X amount she said I spent was £70 more than I had actually spent. I said to her how did you work that out blah blah blah. Then I had to go out of my way to take her home.
She wanders off in the shops so I spend half my time searching for her and is overall just bloody annoying. She can take herself next time 🙃
For this reason I prefer shopping on my own 🤣

• Haha
Me again 🙃.
We are having new windows fitted and the house is FREEZING!!!!!!! We have waited about 5 months for the windows because *covid* caused supply issues with the glass. But anyway they arrived. Some are too big. Some are too small. Bathroom ones aren't frosted how I wanted them. Husband is like it's fine, we'll make it work. How?! They are too small and too big ffs.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Me again 🙃.
We are having new windows fitted and the house is FREEZING!!!!!!! We have waited about 5 months for the windows because *covid* caused supply issues with the glass. But anyway they arrived. Some are too big. Some are too small. Bathroom ones aren't frosted how I wanted them. Husband is like it's fine, we'll make it work. How?! They are too small and too big ffs.
I hate it when something goes wrong, I react and my husband acts nonplussed.

I hope the situation is salvageable.

Reactions: 1
Pret A Manger - their new prices are obscene, today I discovered that my Egg and Cress sandwich is now 40pence more expensive!!

Earlier this week I noticed their croissants have gone up, French butter up 20p and the chocolate one up 25p.

I'm not just annoyed I'm really fucked off.

• Wow
Pret A Manger - their new prices are obscene, today I discovered that my Egg and Cress sandwich is now 40pence more expensive!!

Earlier this week I noticed their croissants have gone up, French butter up 20p and the chocolate one up 25p.

I'm not just annoyed I'm really fucked off.
Pret wound me up big time the other day. They opened a new one in a service station. Popped in, ordered a caramel macchiato. They presented me with it in an espresso cup. Remade it, no caramel, tepid in temperature, and the coffee tasted burnt. Third attempt, tasted weak and not much flavour, but I really couldn’t be bothered to argue with them so I drank half of it before binning it.

The barista who made it hadn’t made a caramel macchiato before. I’m sorry, if you’re a barista in a busy shop, you should know how to make coffee. It’s possibly down to poor training, but still. To not know what size it is, is ridiculous 😠

• Angry
I haven’t seen my family since October, none of them have seen son since then either. My Mum, who sees her other 4 grand children every week, texts me saying they are all planning to go to the cinema this Saturday if me and my son want to go. He’s not even 2 yet, there’s no chance he’s sitting through a film. Fair enough the other grandkids are a few years older and like to go the cinema, that’s fine. So I said we’d come and meet them for a bite to eat before or after the film, at least. So my Mum says they’ve chosen a cinema none of us live by (their all closer than me). I don’t drive, they all drive. It’s an hour and 49 mins on public transport away 🙃 they all drive! I can think of at least 4 cinemas closer to me than the cinema they’ve chosen. Could they not have chosen one a bit closer so they could see me and my son??? 1hr 49 mins there and back! When they all drive! Just so we could have something to eat. They put zero effort into seeing their nephew/grandson and it fucks me off

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I haven’t seen my family since October, none of them have seen son since then either. My Mum, who sees her other 4 grand children every week, texts me saying they are all planning to go to the cinema this Saturday if me and my son want to go. He’s not even 2 yet, there’s no chance he’s sitting through a film. Fair enough the other grandkids are a few years older and like to go the cinema, that’s fine. So I said we’d come and meet them for a bite to eat before or after the film, at least. So my Mum says they’ve chosen a cinema none of us live by (their all closer than me). I don’t drive, they all drive. It’s an hour and 49 mins on public transport away 🙃 they all drive! I can think of at least 4 cinemas closer to me than the cinema they’ve chosen. Could they not have chosen one a bit closer so they could see me and my son??? 1hr 49 mins there and back! When they all drive! Just so we could have something to eat. They put zero effort into seeing their nephew/grandson and it fucks me off
My husbands side of the family are like this, they all live in same village whereas we live 45 minutes away in a different village. My father in law was supposed to meet us two weeks ago at a cafe which had a small farm next to it so my son could see the animals after food. He cancelled on us and I log on to Facebook to see he is there with his other son and granddaughter who is only a couple of months younger than my son the very next day. They haven’t bothered to visit my son much and I always have to drive us to them (husband doesn’t drive). I totally sympathise with family especially when it seems they go out their way for some relatives, It’s very frustrating

• Sad
There's a nearby shop advertising for staff . They want an ' enthusiastic girl/boy' . The shifts are during the week so it's not aimed at 6th formers.
I find it patronising. What if a 60 year old wanted to apply?

I was going to comment on their Facebook post saying all this , but I didn't bother.

Reactions: 3
I feel like im gonna get blocked for saying this 😂

Antivaxxers

You do you boo but can you just leave me alone if i wear a mask thanks. Its literally a bit of paper, its not hurting you. I dont really care if i have a 5g chip in me. Can i buy an add on so i can open my door with it?
I dont understand how its gone from fighting for their rights - understandable if youre gonna lose your job or ability to do things. To attacking strangers who literally cba to listen to you! Aye im a sheep, baa whatever... can i just get passed please? Oh im gonna die... well its a bit late to give me this info 3 jabs in... errr bar SHOUTING IN MY FACE. what do you propose i do... oh stop being a sheep. Wow thanks for clearing THAT up 🙄 fml

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm really struggling with my uni assignment, it's worth a large percentage of my grade and it's stressing me out

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.