What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
saaaame and when i ask him 'are you expecting a medal?' he says i don't appreciate what he did. how ironic 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So its all men then? 😂 mine is the same. Never lifts a finger but when he does he wants a fanfare!
Other day i asked him to move something while I was out so when i got back i could get straight on with the washing...
Came back, washer was on. Bloody hell! Hes taken it upon himself to open the wash basket and determine washing needs doing? Yea amazing BUT the reason I said I was going to do the washing was because I wanted to put what I had on (gym gear) straight in the wash with the rest of the darks load. Now the darks load was washing away and I had 2 things that would have to wait until next week 🙄 complete hindrance!

Im currently annoyed at how tired I am, and how early it is so I cant really have an early night

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My friend wants to go on a weekend away for her birthday - £300 per person! Who has that kind of money spare to spend on a weekend away - definitely not me. I replied this morning saying I couldn’t afford it and now she’s gone off in a huff because I “never want to do anything” and “don’t prioritise our friendship” and “always have an excuse for everything” 😟

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
My friend wants to go on a weekend away for her birthday - £300 per person! Who has that kind of money spare to spend on a weekend away - definitely not me. I replied this morning saying I couldn’t afford it and now she’s gone off in a huff because I “never want to do anything” and “don’t prioritise our friendship” and “always have an excuse for everything” 😟
Ditch that friend quick time! Making you feel bad because you can't afford something is not it! £300 is ridiculous and if she can't see that then maybe SHE'S the one with the problem..

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ditch that friend quick time! Making you feel bad because you can't afford something is not it! £300 is ridiculous and if she can't see that then maybe SHE'S the one with the problem..
It really gets me down because this happens a few times a year and I don’t think she understands that she’s in a much better financial situation than I am - I’m literally sitting here freezing because it’s too expensive to have the heating on all day and she thinks I’ve got hundreds of pounds at my disposal? I love her but it’s so hard being friends with her sometimes because her expectations (both financially and time related) are so high

• Sad
Reactions: 13
It really gets me down because this happens a few times a year and I don’t think she understands that she’s in a much better financial situation than I am - I’m literally sitting here freezing because it’s too expensive to have the heating on all day and she thinks I’ve got hundreds of pounds at my disposal? I love her but it’s so hard being friends with her sometimes because her expectations (both financially and time related) are so high
I have friends like that, they constantly pick where to go for food etc, dead posh/expensive restaurants and days out when they know me and my boyfriend aren’t as well off as them. We’d be happy meeting up once a month with a cheap pub lunch and a trip to somewhere cheap for the kids but they want a posh Italian restaurant with the bill nearing 100 quid every week. In the end we’ve just had to put our foot down and say no! Friends that don’t respect your financial situation and don’t understand that not everyone is in the same boat as them are just not friends worth having 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah I totally get you.. Some people (not all) but some who are better off with money seem to think the rest of the word is too.. Unfortunately life isn't like that! She's lucky she can afford to do these things but she needs to understand that if you are saying you can't afford it, it's not you just making up excuses.. it's you being honest with her! Honestly if I had £300 in my account right now to do anything with I would go and do a massive food shop, sod a weekend away! 😂 I wonder if your friend has any money to spare lol. January is such a hard month!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I absolutely hate this mentality. Even if you have the money, why should you spend YOUR hard earned money on something for them?

I had a friend like this with other friends in the group who didnt have the sense they were born with and would blindly cough up any amount of money for whatever scheme she had planned this week.
I am by no means rich, but out of that group of friends I am the most financially stable shall we say and I would get so much grief because I would flat out refuse to spend my money and use my holidays for things I had no interest doing.
Just do what you want to do. You shouldn't have to make excuses with real friends. I'm sure you would feel very differently if it was a group planned and decided event rather than just give me 300 quid lol

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Someone at work who knows my dad passed away two weeks ago (he even sent me his condolences) keeps sending me emails starting with:

"Trust hope all is well"
"Trust you had a great weekend"

I just lost my dad - how do you think my weekend went? How about you refrain from using these greetings out of respect?

• Sad
Reactions: 13
The sun was in my eyes and was reflecting on the wet road and it was so bright. It's given me a headache. I hate driving in winter sunshine, however beautiful a day it is .

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Tell her to duck off. Nobody needs friends like that. I use friend in the loosest term.

Reactions: 11
Friends who expect you to be there for them all the time, yet as soon as you need help from them they're nowhere to be seen. I wasn't even asking much, just if she wanted to meet for dinner one day as I could do with a good chat.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Work has been busy, I'm knackered and fed up. My boyfriend rolled out of bed at 1pm, done two hours of work then sat on the sofa. I finally asked him to help me tidy our bombshell of a kitchen (because I hadn't cleaned up for 2 days) at half 9 and he looked at me as if I had just asked him to bloody fill Noah's ark, done half the job, then asked me 'is there anything else you want me to do?'.

Yeah hun, I want you to bleeping pull your weight and tidy up the flat without being promoted by your live-in god damn maid. We've had countless discussions about how ignorant it is that he doesn't do anything and yet nothing has changed.

What grown adult wakes up at 1pm anyway? I can count on one hand the amount of times we have went to bed at the same time or ate breakfast together at breakfast time in the past 4 months. And I'm bleeping fed up of it.

Rant over 🥴

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
A first world problem but I hate how they got rid of the shuffle button when you listen to albums on Spotify. I don’t want to listen to it in the same order every time.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A first world problem but I hate how they got rid of the shuffle button when you listen to albums on Spotify. I don’t want to listen to it in the same order every time.
Hack for that: it takes a bit of extra time but copy the album to a playlist of your own. You can do whatever you want with that one without Spotify's restrictions.

As for what's annoying me right now: I am burned out and would like to take some time off but my employer gives us 12 days per year, which I partly used last year for a family health emergency and then took a week off earlier this month so I'm burned out and burned through my time off. Smart me.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Not sure if I have a different version of spotify (although it is up to date) but once you start playing any song from an album you can toggle the shuffle on. You just can't start it on shuffle play.

Reactions: 1
The simpsons... sorry... its just too loud. My husband always has the TV blasting and this is just one of many things that i feel only exists to hurt my ears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.