What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a prawn curry from M&S last week and loved it. I bought a prawn curry from tesco for tea tonight and it was awful 😫 watery tasteless, full of massive half tomatoes. Why did I think a tesco curry would live up to M&S 😫🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The pain I need to alleviate with my TENS machine is worsened by me positioning myself to put the pads on. My husband is in bed ill so I'll have to suffer for a bit.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I have spent the last couple of hours moving bricks, rubble, wood etc from the back garden into the skip on the drive. I've sent my husband pictures of the nice tidy area, a picture of my red sweating face, sweating my tits off and a 3/4 full skip and the wankstain hasn't even opened my messages. How dare he be too busy at work to give me the praise I deserve 🙄🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Little rant..

One of my oldest friends from childhood was invited to my brothers wedding but my friend is saying I have to leave with him after the ‘I do’ ceremony because he doesn’t see any reason for me to stay and wants to come back to my house to watch tv!! Apparently it would be ridiculous for me to stay all day and into the evening!?

Umm.. Is he for real!? I’m not leaving a wedding at 2pm never mind my own brothers. I’m a bridesmaid and I want to enjoy their day with my family, there’s going to be people there that I haven’t seen since before Covid. He’s really given me the rage over this.. there’s been lots of things said over the past couple of years to make me question our friendship but this has tipped me over the edge and I’m done.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I have such a bad cold, I keep testing negative on LF, my head feels like it going to erupt.. My ears are blocked so I can't hear a bloody word when people talk to me 😂 it's the 3rd day of feeling like this now with no sign of it passing! bleurgh:sick:

A colleague is on the phone with a tradesman and he's speaking with a fake accent that's getting on my nerves.

We're not British but the equivalent would be that we both have an r.p. accent, and this guy suddenly goes Cockney whenever he gets a call from said person. It's such a tit imitation too, I don't know who he thinks he's kidding. Ugh. Why are you pretending, they know you' don't actually sound like that??

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had sickness and temperature for whole week (not covid), combined with periods + virtual classes of three kids. And my now that husband is suffering, he practically decided to act like a whiney baby.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My friend does a sort of house clearance business she gives tons of stuff away every week and helps furnish flats etc for those starting out or coming from DV, refugees etc, they rent a huge lock-up that cost an absolute fortune so she does try to sell things to pay that.. without fail on every post she makes on FB selling something people will say if this doesn't sell can I have it, at the moment she is trying to sell a job lot of incontinence stuff and three people are saying so and so would love these. hospice/care home etc ..

I just want to post "then bleeping buy them and donate them yourself"

Reactions: 9
My friend does a sort of house clearance business she gives tons of stuff away every week and helps furnish flats etc for those starting out or coming from DV, refugees etc, they rent a huge lock-up that cost an absolute fortune so she does try to sell things to pay that.. without fail on every post she makes on FB selling something people will say if this doesn't sell can I have it, at the moment she is trying to sell a job lot of incontinence stuff and three people are saying so and so would love these. hospice/care home etc ..

I hate people that beg for freebies, especially when they could afford to pay for it.

Your friend is amazing, please let her know that. I know people who have used these kinds of services, and without people like her, people like my friends would have been in a dreadful situation. X

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Taking the piss aren’t they? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I hate people that beg for freebies, especially when they could afford to pay for it.

Your friend is amazing, please let her know that. I know people who have used these kinds of services, and without people like her, people like my friends would have been in a dreadful situation. X
She is amazing! She has helped me so much and it's how we met, she is now my best friend although she is the same age as my children.
I will tell her though, even though I tell her all the time

Reactions: 1
Little rant..

One of my oldest friends from childhood was invited to my brothers wedding but my friend is saying I have to leave with him after the ‘I do’ ceremony because he doesn’t see any reason for me to stay and wants to come back to my house to watch tv!! Apparently it would be ridiculous for me to stay all day and into the evening!?

Umm.. Is he for real!? I’m not leaving a wedding at 2pm never mind my own brothers. I’m a bridesmaid and I want to enjoy their day with my family, there’s going to be people there that I haven’t seen since before Covid. He’s really given me the rage over this.. there’s been lots of things said over the past couple of years to make me question our friendship but this has tipped me over the edge and I’m done.
He doesn’t have to be there, whereas you do. Tell him this, if he doesn’t like what you have to say, suggest he stays at home and watches his own telly.

My friend wants to go on a weekend away for her birthday - £300 per person! Who has that kind of money spare to spend on a weekend away - definitely not me. I replied this morning saying I couldn’t afford it and now she’s gone off in a huff because I “never want to do anything” and “don’t prioritise our friendship” and “always have an excuse for everything” 😟
Oh she sounds a spoilt brat. Has she had any other birthday offers/suggestions then, from other friends? If not, let it lie. She will soon come crawling back when she realises she has got nobody else to spend her birthday with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’ve been up half the night with what I think is an ear infection, it’s so painful ☹

• Sad
someone eating with their mouth open, lip smacking and picking food out their teeth while I’m trying to eat my lunch. Basic table manners cost nothing.

I work in a care home, and you are not supposed to become too involved with the residents. However I find myself deeply annoyed at the actions of the family, of a lady who recently came to the home.
She first came to the home, for a week long respite care, quite a few months ago. Then a few weeks later, she came back for another week long stint. The family said they were going on holiday, but failed to mention to the lady, that her stay would be permanent.
Don't get me wrong, they are very attentive towards her, they have made her room very cosy. But they are showing signs of being control freaks.
She has a wardrobe full of clothes, that are neatly hung in groups - for example all the trousers are hung together, with her name sewn on each item. Today I was putting an item of her clothing away, and saw a note attatched to some of her clothes. It requests that one particular set of clothes, are to be worn on her birthday!
On the surface they seem like a close family, but they still dumped their relative in a care home!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Currently watching Peaky Blinders, midway through season two. Someone has just told me a huge spoiler 😡😡😡

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.