What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone who I think was about 50 years my senior would not stop staring at me for 15 minutes on a train. Weird.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The fact they bang on about taking regular LFTs etc, yet everytime I try to order some I get this message

1641305309162.png

Reactions: 5
The fact they bang on about taking regular LFTs etc, yet everytime I try to order some I get this message

View attachment 963690
I’ve literally just had the same thing, so then I had to answer all the questions again to get a collect code to pick some up from the chemist tonight. Watch me get there later to be told there are none available 😒

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I think the system is having a meltdown. I got an email yesterday morning saying thanks for ordering tests when I hadn’t 🥴

Reactions: 2
My 4 year old daughters behaviour today has been awful 😫 so many meltdowns. Back to school tomorrow and I cant wait to get her in those school gates 🤣 lack of routine in the school holidays does nothing for her behaviour at all. Add to that a newborn baby and its just a nightmare 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We have unisex toilets at work, I just wish my male colleagues would be a little bit more bloody considerate and put the seat down!!! Also if you wee on the seat CLEAN IT!!!!!!

• Sick
  • Heart
We have unisex toilets at work, I just wish my male colleagues would be a little bit more bloody considerate and put the seat down!!! Also if you wee on the seat CLEAN IT!!!!!!
Omg we have unisex toilets too and whenever I go in I’m forever finding the toilet seat up! I can’t get my head round it and often pee in the building toilets instead of the office ones cos at least those are female only 🤣

Reactions: 5
I’ve literally just had the same thing, so then I had to answer all the questions again to get a collect code to pick some up from the chemist tonight. Watch me get there later to be told there are none available 😒
Ring before you go, also check your local libraries, I have had no trouble picking up from libraries, chemist haven’t had any since before Christmas

Reactions: 1
My 4 year old daughters behaviour today has been awful 😫 so many meltdowns. Back to school tomorrow and I cant wait to get her in those school gates 🤣 lack of routine in the school holidays does nothing for her behaviour at all. Add to that a newborn baby and its just a nightmare 😅
Ahh , poor thing . Do you think she feels left out / jealous of the baby and is acting up for attention?
Getting back in a routine for school should do her good.

My cousin is due to have a baby any day now - she was actually due last week but hasn’t gone into labour yet. She had an appointment with her midwife today who is understandly pushing to get her induced but my cousin with all her medical training google based research has decided she doesn’t want to be induced, because it isn’t necessary and the baby will come when her body is ready.

She’s never been like this before but she’s become very challenging of medical advice since becoming pregnant and it’s getting on my last nerve. She’s also adamant on having a home birth even though the consultant advised against it because in her words “I asked him the reasons why I couldn’t have a home birth and it was only because he wants to cover his own back, this is what my body was made to do”.

I’m worried about her, worried about the baby, and so irritated that she’s putting both of them in danger 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My kids have broken me today . My middle has been so naughty all day and been upsetting the little one who seems to have been crying all day . Lo also put the clean washing in the dog's water. The big one came back from their first day back and shouted at them and upset them both .

• Sad
Reactions: 12
My cousin is due to have a baby any day now - she was actually due last week but hasn’t gone into labour yet. She had an appointment with her midwife today who is understandly pushing to get her induced but my cousin with all her medical training google based research has decided she doesn’t want to be induced, because it isn’t necessary and the baby will come when her body is ready.

She’s never been like this before but she’s become very challenging of medical advice since becoming pregnant and it’s getting on my last nerve. She’s also adamant on having a home birth even though the consultant advised against it because in her words “I asked him the reasons why I couldn’t have a home birth and it was only because he wants to cover his own back, this is what my body was made to do”.

I’m worried about her, worried about the baby, and so irritated that she’s putting both of them in danger 🙁
I didn’t want to be induced as Google had told me it would be a very hard long labour (and Google wasn’t wrong) i cried to the midwife and was like really is this necessary im due next week and that’s when the baby will come 😅Long story short the midwife was very stern with me and said ‘you are 39 weeks pregnant. You are already full term. If we don’t induce you, you are at risk of having a stillborn’ and I snapped out of it and said okay and I was induced. Maybe your cousin needs some very stern words from medicals to get her to be induced!

Reactions: 7
I left to get the kids early so I could drop some parcels into the post office beforehand. Its shut!! 😫 so now I'm parked close to the school 40 minutes early looking like one of those mothers that hasn't got anything better to do (I don't 🥴😅) than sit outside the school waiting for their precious darlings to finish.

• Haha
A friend has recently had a baby. She and I haven't shared a one on one, heart to heart conversation in maybe 3 years, if not longer. We used to be super close but it's one of those situations where the boyfriend/husband walks in and everything else walks out. If we weren't in the same group chat, we wouldn't know tit about eachother's lives - and I have made peace with that, it's fine. However if that's the case, I don't want to know the gruesome details of her breastfeeding mishaps, everything from latching problems to infected nipples. I just don't care. She only opens her mouth to complain or humble brag about how she's the only person who has a right to be tired. You can't expect people to be invested in your life if you can't even be arsed to ask them how they are doing once in several years! duck off.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
That I am at home crying my eyes out.

My 6 year old has struggled going back to school, she cries all morning, I have to force her into the car and the teacher has to drag her off of me kicking and screaming. She's told me it's because she misses me so much at school. This morning she told me a boy X was being mean to her in the playground. At the school gates there was a different teaching assistant there who didn't know my daughter. She said what's happened this morning for her to be like this, I said its an ongoing thing, her teachers know all about it. I said she told me X has been mean to her in the playground. I kid you not, this TA laughed, pulled this face 🤨, and said it can't be X. I'm not in your daughters class but I know X and it isn't him.
Daughter got dragged off me screaming mummy. I got back to the car crying. Called my husband in tears. He called school. Head teacher is going to call him back later.

She settles once she's in but my god it's heartbreaking to go through. I've tried being stricter, softer, calmer, stern. I just don't know what to do 🥺🥺🥺

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That I am at home crying my eyes out.

My 6 year old has struggled going back to school, she cries all morning, I have to force her into the car and the teacher has to drag her off of me kicking and screaming. She's told me it's because she misses me so much at school. This morning she told me a boy X was being mean to her in the playground. At the school gates there was a different teaching assistant there who didn't know my daughter. She said what's happened this morning for her to be like this, I said its an ongoing thing, her teachers know all about it. I said she told me X has been mean to her in the playground. I kid you not, this TA laughed, pulled this face 🤨, and said it can't be X. I'm not in your daughters class but I know X and it isn't him.
Daughter got dragged off me screaming mummy. I got back to the car crying. Called my husband in tears. He called school. Head teacher is going to call him back later.

She settles once she's in but my god it's heartbreaking to go through. I've tried being stricter, softer, calmer, stern. I just don't know what to do 🥺🥺🥺
That’s so sad 😞 some people should NOT work in schools. My daughter got hit in the face with a ball once and had a horrendous nose bleed. It happened on a playing field close to the fence with a public walkway where my daughters childminder was walking past. The childminder displayed concern and the dinner lady stood there and said “oh don’t worry about her, she plays to a crowd”. She was about 9.
I hope your daughter settled soon, have you looked at little tokens you can get online where if she holds it it’s like she’s holding your hand?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
That’s so sad 😞 some people should NOT work in schools. My daughter got hit in the face with a ball once and had a horrendous nose bleed. It happened on a playing field close to the fence with a public walkway where my daughters childminder was walking past. The childminder displayed concern and the dinner lady stood there and said “oh don’t worry about her, she plays to a crowd”. She was about 9.
I hope your daughter settled soon, have you looked at little tokens you can get online where if she holds it it’s like she’s holding your hand?
Honestly what makes these women work with children 😭.
I have just ordered a pocket hug from Etsy. Thank you 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.