What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just curious, how come you accepted the interview if you’re not interested in the job? The mistake sounds like an accident btw. Shouldn’t take more than an e-mail to tell them you’re not available at 9’.
There are two reasons:
  • Two weeks ago, I had applied for a job at this company in my current location and their HR reached out to me for another location, so I thought I'd talk to them nonetheless because you never know. There's no harm. It's not that I'm not interested in the job itself, it's I'm not interested in the job in this particular location.
  • I agreed is because I'm planning on properly looking for a new job at the new year and I thought this would allow me to practice my interview skills again.

Reactions: 2
Nope - not nosy!

It's in Luxembourg. The money certainly probably much better than over here, but living there is not easy. Luxembourg isn't the most exciting country either and I literally don't know a soul there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh wow!! That sounds like a rare opportunity. Apparently the standard of living is high and they speak French!

Reactions: 2
My Morrisons order didn't give me my frozen and chilled stuff. I did question if there was more but he said there wasn't. I wish my phone was handy so I could have gone through the order on there . I think the driver was new. He was really late too

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I'm feeling so tired, but have restless legs, so no sleeps for me for a while

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My partner and kids have came down with a nasty cold and I've been hit by a vomiting bug. Just our luck we're all ill at the same time and just before Christmas

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My dog/the vets. My dog is a notoriously fussy eater. Always has been. My dad used to feed her from the table, which kept her weight up, but ever since I moved out with the dog, I’ve been trying to train her out of it (not easy, she’s very old and sometimes I wonder if it’s even worth doing). She lost 1kg at her weigh (small dog) so I asked the vet for advice. Obviously they recommended expensive dog food over me just cooking her something alongside our dinner, and does she eat it?! Does she duck. And I’m annoyed because it was expensive but I knew it wouldn’t work and I let the vet talk me into it. I have so much dog food for senior dogs, and no one to give it to, and no solutions for my own dog. It’s not like she doesn’t eat at all, she will eat my food, treats, the cats food, any scrape left behind when we go for a walk. But will she eat her own food?! Nope.

• Sad
My dog/the vets. My dog is a notoriously fussy eater. Always has been. My dad used to feed her from the table, which kept her weight up, but ever since I moved out with the dog, I’ve been trying to train her out of it (not easy, she’s very old and sometimes I wonder if it’s even worth doing). She lost 1kg at her weigh (small dog) so I asked the vet for advice. Obviously they recommended expensive dog food over me just cooking her something alongside our dinner, and does she eat it?! Does she duck. And I’m annoyed because it was expensive but I knew it wouldn’t work and I let the vet talk me into it. I have so much dog food for senior dogs, and no one to give it to, and no solutions for my own dog. It’s not like she doesn’t eat at all, she will eat my food, treats, the cats food, any scrape left behind when we go for a walk. But will she eat her own food?! Nope.
Trick her, mix some of your food into a bowl of her food and tell her to not touch it as you go out.

To be honest though for an old dog, just cook extra, years ago there were no pet foods and they were fed scraps from the table, give her a meaty raw bone once a week and she is good to go.

give the food you have to a foodbank or rescue unless you can trick her into eating it

Reactions: 3
I was talked in to pointy nails for Xmas and now I can't peel the backs off any of the gift bows 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I never ever buy any brands that vets stock, they’re always just working for commission, nothing to do with whether it’s the best food or not. Personally I highly recommend Eden Pet Foods - I’ve used it for a dog previously and feed it to my cats now. It’s not cheap but it’s high quality.

Reactions: 4
I’m on the train & the screens above the seat displayed my name per reservation. Then the guy in front of me saw my name & asked me if I am Muslim. It’s 9am, I don’t know you, none of your business. He appears to be Turkish (from what he said), do maybe he was curious, but super rude.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I treated myself to a nice pair of Christmas pyjamas but they've got a sparkly thread through them and it itches/scratches my skin like mad. This'll teach me to remove the tags before trying stuff on 😒

• Sad
  • Haha
I’m on the train & the screens above the seat displayed my name per reservation. Then the guy in front of me saw my name & asked me if I am Muslim. It’s 9am, I don’t know you, none of your business. He appears to be Turkish (from what he said), do maybe he was curious, but super rude.
When strangers do this to I ask them some questions back, they quickly stop.

A coworker I considered a work friend (slightly less close than a friend-friend but still, a friend) has been talking about me behind my back, stirring tit because I get to work from home and she doesn't (we do different jobs, mine can be done remotely 100%, hers can't).

I just don't get why some people need to try and drag down everyone else with them. Or why some people just can't seem to mind their own business.

Before this job, I never used to do work friends, I kept everyone at a distance, and I now see that's the right approach.

Reactions: 8
Period pains. I just want to curl up and die. But everyone wants something. Leave me alone 😩😅

• Sad
I've had some kids stuff listed on ebay for a whole , and someone bought something so I had to go to the post office and it was heaving .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.