What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stomach pain and acid reflux. Lack of sleep! List could go on.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My Xmas night out has been cancelled last minute because of covid. Sounds silly but I was so looking forward to getting glammed up but instead will be spending my night in PJs with a cuppa tea no doubt

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Nah duck that. Tell them no the next time a meeting is booked in past your normal business hours - that’s not on. I hope you can book the additional hours worked as TOIL??
LOL no, which is why it drives me insane. All overtime is unpaid. No TOIL, nothing.

On days where I can anticipate to be stuck in a late call, I log in later in the morning (9.30 instead of 9). I used to be a good soldier and log in on time, but given these people have no boundaries, I need to work around this madness until I find a new job. That said, it doesn't work too well because people see me staying late, so they think it's OK to schedule calls at 6.30pm or even 7pm. Total madness.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
The fools having a party next door / downstairs! I can't tell where this commotion is coming from.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The fools having a party next door / downstairs! I can't tell where this commotion is coming from.
It’s an Xmas party… unwritten rule says we have to deal. My otherwise quiet neighbors throw one every year.

My brain keeps throwing hardballs at me tonight

Reactions: 1
It’s an Xmas party… unwritten rule says we have to deal. My otherwise quiet neighbors throw one every year.

My brain keeps throwing hardballs at me tonight
Yeah, I guessed as much. I'm a bit surprised because we have gathering a cap of 4 households per local restrictions. Luckily, they stopped around 10pm.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Hopefully they stuck to it. I don’t know how many people my neighbors actually have over. It’s just the music is loud. I think they must have been in college in the 90’s based on their playlists. That’s right. I can make out all the words and even sing along at times. 😩

• Haha
That the latest iPhone update has changed too many things and made my phone go a bit weird 😩
Anyone else?

Being wide awake since 4 on a Saturday
I can never lie in, ever.
I’m totally a morning person which means I’m basically no good after 10pm

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Stupid allergy (itchy bumps on my hands) came back, I don't know what triggers it and even if I knew, doctors don't have a solution apart from writing me another antihistamine and telling me to buck up and not to stress about things. Thanks, I'll do that.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Stupid allergy (itchy bumps on my hands) came back, I don't know what triggers it and even if I knew, doctors don't have a solution apart from writing me another antihistamine and telling me to buck up and not to stress about things. Thanks, I'll do that.
My husband had something similar from certain hand sanitizers in shops. So now just uses his own and washes his hands in only dove. I hope you get to figure out what is causing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was at a friends earlier, I’m diary free and took my own alternative milk round to save them getting any. Pretty sure her partner put cows milk in my second coffee by mistake as my stomach has been in agony all afternoon.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
The committee I’m on has a new addition and she is having a go at everyone. I worked on a project with someone and I let him do the presentation. New information was added to the handout, as he mentioned there would be in his presentation, and the newest member accused him directly of changing facts. She also didn’t listen well in the presentation because otherwise she wouldn’t have made other misleading assertions in her e-mail. This is her second time attacking somebody in one week!!

On Friday, a company reached out to me to discuss an job opportunity over the phone. We agreed we'd speak on the phone tomorrow at 11am, then I realize today they sent me a videoconference invite for tomorrow at 9am.

I'm not in the mood to be on camera at 9am on a Monday which happens to be the first day of my week off. I'm not even interested in the job because it is overseas and I'm not planning on moving abroad. I don't like the fact we agreed on one thing and they flipped the script. Not good for a company who is trying to hire you. I want to cancel.

Reactions: 3
On Friday, a company reached out to me to discuss an job opportunity over the phone. We agreed we'd speak on the phone tomorrow at 11am, then I realize today they sent me a videoconference invite for tomorrow at 9am.

I'm not in the mood to be on camera at 9am on a Monday which happens to be the first day of my week off. I'm not even interested in the job because it is overseas and I'm not planning on moving abroad. I don't like the fact we agreed on one thing and they flipped the script. Not good for a company who is trying to hire you. I want to cancel.
Just curious, how come you accepted the interview if you’re not interested in the job? The mistake sounds like an accident btw. Shouldn’t take more than an e-mail to tell them you’re not available at 9’.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.