What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My family just generally being pretty rubbish and me feeling feelings of hurt and resentment towards them all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
People who blatantly refuse to put a mask on. I’m on the train and some girl on the other side of the aisle is maskless. It’s not like she removed it when she got on the train, she literally has no mask. The train clearly states masks are mandatory.

I don’t know if it’s a NI thing because I’ve seen plenty of maskless people in the shops today, including the floor workers though the majority had coverings on. The rules are different in ROI, so I’m a bit weirded out.

Also, people who put their feet on train seats. Rude.

Reactions: 4
I was looking forward to running errands and resting today, until the lightbulb in my bathroom went off last night.
I can't reach it because I'm too tiny and I don't have a ladder. Now, I need to figure out how to change it and it's a huge hassle, especially right before the holidays. Smh.

This is the third light bulb that went off in the apartment in the last 2 months. Strange.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I was looking forward to running errands and resting today, until the lightbulb in my bathroom went off last night.
I can't reach it because I'm too tiny and I don't have a ladder. Now, I need to figure out how to change it and it's a huge hassle, especially right before the holidays. Smh.

This is the third light bulb that went off in the apartment in the last 2 months. Strange.
Go and buy a ladder today. Problem solved!!

Reactions: 1
LOL. Thanks for the advice, it's not like I didn't think of it, but I don't have a car and ladders are upwards of €60. I can't carry a ladder on the bus.
Get the bus to the shop and a taxi back? Most ladders fold down small enough to go in the boot of a car or on the back seats

I have to work today and tomorrow. It is dead, everyone else in our industry is wrapped up for Christmas. I am bored and have so much tit to do. I really wish I had saved some annual leave!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Went to register our newborn baby today and the registrar was the rudest angriest woman i have ever come across in my life. Me and hubby both said after we felt like we were sat in the headteachers office being told off, it was unbelievable! I think she needs to think about a change in career because she clearly isn't very happy in hers 🤣

It was one of those situations where it was so outrageous that I couldn't even be mad about it to complain we just found it funny.

She also treated us like lepers despite negative lateral flow tests which made me laugh even more, she practically jumped away from me when I held the door open for her

Reactions: 7
Went to register our newborn baby today and the registrar was the rudest angriest woman i have ever come across in my life. Me and hubby both said after we felt like we were sat in the headteachers office being told off, it was unbelievable! I think she needs to think about a change in career because she clearly isn't very happy in hers 🤣

It was one of those situations where it was so outrageous that I couldn't even be mad about it to complain we just found it funny.

She also treated us like lepers despite negative lateral flow tests which made me laugh even more, she practically jumped away from me when I held the door open for her
Congratulations on your baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Can you ask a neighbor for a borrow of a ladder or maybe if they're tall enough to change the bulb? I know it's hard to ask for help, but it's also hard if you can't afford to go out and buy a ladder.

Reactions: 2
I’ve done absolutely everything for Christmas. Bought all the presents for both sides of our families, planned every day and when we’re seeing everyone, booked a table for lunch, preordered the yearly takeaway in advance, packed both our suitcases to go back to our home city. Wrapped all the presents. Bought and written all the cards. Bought the tree, decorated it myself. On top of working, cooking dinner every single night, doing all the housework, etc. He hasn’t lifted a finger. My boyfriend only had to wrap my presents and he cooked dinner on Monday for the first time in nearly eight weeks.

I’ve got him some fairly expensive gifts this year. I’ve accidentally seen the receipts from what he’s got me as he’s left them on the dining table (needed to double check they weren’t mine and needing to be put away in case of incorrect sized things etc)… The amount he’s spent on me is just about his stocking fillers 😔 I feel like taking all of his back.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I’ve done absolutely everything for Christmas. Bought all the presents for both sides of our families, planned every day and when we’re seeing everyone, booked a table for lunch, preordered the yearly takeaway in advance, packed both our suitcases to go back to our home city. Wrapped all the presents. Bought and written all the cards. Bought the tree, decorated it myself. On top of working, cooking dinner every single night, doing all the housework, etc. He hasn’t lifted a finger. My boyfriend only had to wrap my presents and he cooked dinner on Monday for the first time in nearly eight weeks.

I’ve got him some fairly expensive gifts this year. I’ve accidentally seen the receipts from what he’s got me as he’s left them on the dining table (needed to double check they weren’t mine and needing to be put away in case of incorrect sized things etc)… The amount he’s spent on me is just about his stocking fillers 😔 I feel like taking all of his back.
Why have you done it all??

Why have you bought the presents for his family etc?

I could have written this myself. I’ve done EVERYTHING. Even down to wrapping 2 presents which he’s bought for me which I knew about! I hope you manage to relax a bit over the Christmas holidays, I intend to speak to my partner about helping out a bit more as it’s not fair we take all the burden - maybe you could do the same? X

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Can you ask a neighbor for a borrow of a ladder or maybe if they're tall enough to change the bulb? I know it's hard to ask for help, but it's also hard if you can't afford to go out and buy a ladder.
I can go and buy a ladder, but €60 just to change a lightbulb this one time is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. I won't need it for anything else.

I don't really want any of the neighbors in my house since I don't know any of these people, so I'd rather go and buy this ladder or rent it. The main issue the is the fact that I don't have a car to transport it. I might need to get an Uber, so €100 + the lightbulb, might as well get an electrician in. I can always re-sell the ladder or even return it, no biggie.

I can go and buy a ladder, but €60 just to change a lightbulb this one time is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. I won't need it for anything else.

I don't really want any of the neighbors in my house since I don't know any of these people, so I'd rather go and buy this ladder or rent it. The main issue the is the fact that I don't have a car to transport it. I might need to get an Uber, so €100 + the lightbulb, might as well get an electrician in. I can always re-sell the ladder or even return it, no biggie.
These any good?
Amazon product

These any good?
Amazon product

Thank you!

The ceiling is really high, so these might be a bit too short, unfortunately. That said, I'm probably better off ordering it online instead of going through the hassle of going to the store etc.

I'm also miniature myself (I'm 5'2) ha. I'm not one to wish I were married or at least paired up, but in this particular instance, I wish I were! This is my new non-negotiable criteria for my future partner - he needs to be 5'8 and above, so he can change the light bulbs for free haha.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.