What’s annoying you right now? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The new iOS update. Why won’t it let me swipe messages from the Lock Screen anymore

I spent some time with 2 friends I haven't seen in a while, realised they are not my kind of people any more.

One friend has changed a bit, and can't cover up her sort of delighted glee when she hears things have gone wrong for others. Her face actually lights up when she hears some negativity (I suppose it's because she sees it as gossip rather than she is being nasty) but it's quite off-putting!

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I'm on annual leave this week and my bf is working, so he's getting up at 7 and getting ready in the bedroom with the lights on and making a bloody racket while I'm trying to sleep a bit longer.

When he's off work and I've got to be up and ready, I just take my stuff into the living room so I'm not disturbing him 🤷‍♀️

It really does make me wonder why I bother trying to be considerate of others sometimes because it feels like it's never bloody reciprocated.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
That my child is poorly so I can't send her to nursery and my manager is very unsympathetic and more bothered about the office, makes me feel really guilty for not having anyone else to look after her 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I spent some time with 2 friends I haven't seen in a while, realised they are not my kind of people any more.

One friend has changed a bit, and can't cover up her sort of delighted glee when she hears things have gone wrong for others. Her face actually lights up when she hears some negativity (I suppose it's because she sees it as gossip rather than she is being nasty) but it's quite off-putting!
Do we have the same friends? My friend is so toxic. She has made me feel like tit for years, little digs etc. It's to a point where if I get a new pair of shoes (not talking designer or anything) she will make a snide comment about them.
Worst thing about it is she knows how depressed I have been. She knows all of the challenges which have come up in my life. Ive not got a perfect insta-worthy life or anything!

Luckily in the last few months, other friends have come out and confronted her which made me feel relieved as they called her out on the same traits AND that means its not just directed to me!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I think this is happening a lot. I expect your friends haven't changed, but you have.

I did something very out of character this morning My daughter her friend and I have a group chat for sharing things, for the last mth It's only been me sharing and not getting any feedback, normally it doesn't bother me but today I deleted the chat. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Do we have the same friends? My friend is so toxic. She has made me feel like tit for years, little digs etc. It's to a point where if I get a new pair of shoes (not talking designer or anything) she will make a snide comment about them.
Worst thing about it is she knows how depressed I have been. She knows all of the challenges which have come up in my life. Ive not got a perfect insta-worthy life or anything!

Luckily in the last few months, other friends have come out and confronted her which made me feel relieved as they called her out on the same traits AND that means its not just directed to me!!
Move away from her. She is not adding anything to you life, she is taking things away like your self esteem.

We all have friends like these - frenemies. I have dropped loads of people since lockdowns started and have no intention of picking them up again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have what I believe is a parotid gland infection. I'm in agony. Doc could fit me in at 330pm which is amazing. My dog has an important vet app at 3pm on the other side of town - and I don't drive. Had to turn down the appointment because my dog has suffered enough lately. Not annoyed at the doc or dog...just the timing of this infection. Receptionist said to call 111 later if I can't wait for a possible app tomorrow. I hate having to use 111 as I feel like a drain on resources but I can't open my mouth properly 😫

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I have what I believe is a parotid gland infection. I'm in agony. Doc could fit me in at 330pm which is amazing. My dog has an important vet app at 3pm on the other side of town - and I don't drive. Had to turn down the appointment because my dog has suffered enough lately. Not annoyed at the doc or dog...just the timing of this infection. Receptionist said to call 111 later if I can't wait for a possible app tomorrow. I hate having to use 111 as I feel like a drain on resources but I can't open my mouth properly 😫
ah bless you. Anything painful in the mouth is the worst isn’t it. do you think it may be better to take the doctors appointment as you have to keep yourself well to be able to look after your dog. You know like the say on the planes sort your own breathing mask before you do your child’s……
good luck in any case. Xx

Reactions: 3
If it is hindering your ability to drink fluid and eat on top of the pain i would definitely get onto 111, you are not a drain on resources you are an unwell person in need of medical treatment. I hope you recover as soon as possible ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Swisspea aw thanks. I need to prioritise her really. She's got her 2nd treatment for a double ear infection and we need to come up with a plan to remove cancer from one of her mammaries. Poor lass has been through the mill and I'd feel rotten delaying things for her.

• Heart
  • Sad
The cat had maggots in her food bowl. I suspect husband or teenager have been dumping new food on the dregs instead of washing the bowl .

I'm on annual leave this week and my bf is working, so he's getting up at 7 and getting ready in the bedroom with the lights on and making a bloody racket while I'm trying to sleep a bit longer.

When he's off work and I've got to be up and ready, I just take my stuff into the living room so I'm not disturbing him 🤷‍♀️

It really does make me wonder why I bother trying to be considerate of others sometimes because it feels like it's never bloody reciprocated.
Why they can't sort their stuff the night before is beyond me

• Sick

That's the worst, the little digs, it just grinds you down doesn't it? Sounds like you have a good bunch of friends there!

Makes me wonder why people do things like that. Looking back I can see she has been a bit like this for a while, very sneaky!

That's the worst, the little digs, it just grinds you down doesn't it? Sounds like you have a good bunch of friends there!

Makes me wonder why people do things like that. Looking back I can see she has been a bit like this for a while, very sneaky!
I know someone like that. Unfortunately she is hard to avoid but she makes little barbed comments quietly, which others ignore. She is so thin-skinned herself though. I find that people are largely intimidated by her so everyone is careful to be flattering around her to keep her in a good mood. I have watched this for years. It is so infuriating as she rules the roost and never gets called out. People just want a quiet life.

Reactions: 1

Jealousy. Secure people don’t do it.

That I feel like such a failure, just feel like I’m failing at everything right now!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm sooo tired. I want to go to bed. Roll on 7.30, but by then I'll have woken up and won't be able to sleep anyway 😏

Reactions: 1
I'm late 20s and have a third!!! Wisdom tooth coming through, it had partially come through ages ago but seems like the rest of it is growing in now and it bloody well hurts.

I'm not even bloody wise after all this 😒😂

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.