Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Rude staff.
I had my dog booked into the groomers at 9 got there a bit early and said hi we have an appointment at 9 , looked me up and down and carried on doing what they were doing on their phone, which fair enough, I was early, so I waited . I said I'd called about 20 x that's week to see if we could re book this appointment but no-one ever answers the phone. She said oh yeah we don't usually bother answering it 🤔🤯. Finally came over, and said oh your appointment is at 10 30, I pulled out my card that they gave me last time and it clearly said 9. But no they weren't having it. I said well I'll have to re arrange as I can't make 10.30. She said well we'll be keeping your deposit. So I said even though my card says 9 and you never answer your phone? Her body language, her face, her attitude was so rude I just turned round and walked out. She shouted after me "Byyyyyyeeee. Have a good dayyyyyy. Take careeeeee". Honestly. I could have wrapped the dogs lead around her neck.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24

Rue Git Le Couer

Chatty Member
Feels a bit mediocre to say this is annoying me, but I’m feeling so sad at the state of the world right now. I like to watch the news daily to keep up to date but honestly it’s so depressing. The Sarah Everard case & Sabina Nessa case are just too upsetting to even try and comprehend. I can’t stop thinking about those poor girls. Then I see kids, yes KIDS, shouting racist abuse at football players, which is honestly sickening. They have clearly learned it from their parents which is the biggest problem in itself. I don’t want to share a world with people like this. Why does it sometimes feel like we have gone backwards in terms of racism in this country?
Not to mention fuel shortages, energy prices going up, covid still going around, Christmas not far away & all the spending that entails. Seriously, it’s so anxiety inducing! Is anyone else feeling a bit overwhelmed just now?

• Heart
Reactions: 23

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
When people comment on recipes something along the lines of...

I changed the chickpeas for minced beef and I changed the spices for these herbs and I cooked it on the hob instead of the oven and I had it with pearl barley instead of rice... 2 stars, wasn't impressed with this recipe."

• Haha
Reactions: 23

WilmaHun

VIP Member
When I tell my partner something is bothering me his favourite response is "don't worry about it". Problem solved. Cheers.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
My fiancé and I initially said we didn't want children. He doesn't get along with young children (not a rabid child-hater; he just doesn't feel he'd be able to take care of one all the time) and pregnancy/birth aren't for me. Now, however, we're discussing the possibility of adopting an older child. I made the mistake of mentioning this in the family and asking for advice and it's just been a barrage of "you can't do that, it's not YOURS, children are only put up for adoption if something is wrong with them, people will ask questions, at least if you MUST do it try and get a mixed-race child so they look like yours ..." Making me question if it's such a good idea, do we want to bring in a child that's going to get that thrown at them all their lives?

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Littleelf

VIP Member
That its my 30th birthday today and nobody has messaged me a happy birthday except for my mum 😔 feel very unloved today. Just goes to show what great friends I have doesn't it!!! Even my closest friends who ive know so for many years haven't bothered.

To top if off im spending all afternoon sat in hospital for a couple of appointments on my own 😒

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Got a hen do coming up. Been told by the person organising it that the bride is wearing white so now no one else is allowed to wear white. Literally the outfit I had picked out from my limited choice of clothing is mostly white. So now I’m going to have to find something else. Can’t afford to just buy a new outfit, I hate how I look, I feel I look horrible in most things I own so it took me a while to pick something in the first place. Now I’m going to have to do that whole process again. I fucking hate this bollocks. I hate weddings.

When I get married I won’t give a shit, people can wear what ever colours they like for the hen and the wedding.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

Littleelf

VIP Member
That my husband just reprimanded my 4 year old daughter for being a bit naughty by saying "I won't love you if you do that again"... her face was devastated and if feel sick that he actually said that to her. Its abusive and she should never hear that he parents won't love her she should know we love her unconditionally. I'm in tears im so upset and angry. He doesn't see anything wrong with it and is just laughing at me

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Being skint whilst the cost of everything goes up.

Having to drive myself to and from a party at the weekend instead of having a drink and getting a taxi like everyone else will be because of being skint. At least my food was paid for up front a few weeks ago.

Having social events to go to when you’re skint and not feeling like you can say “sorry I just can’t afford it” as people don’t believe it and think it’s an excuse.

Birthdays and Christmas coming up when you’re skint.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Bouncylion

My husband.

We've had a big chat this week about a) widening the kids food repertoire and getting them eating more than just chicken nuggets and b) using what's in our cupboards and not wasting food.

Tonight I made a pasta sauce with ingredients for the cupboard. Nothing fancy but nice I thought. I knew the kids would be 50/50 on eating it so only gave them a small amount and served other things they like on the sides. They actually looked like they were going to give it a go...

Until their Dad took two bites, loudly announced he didn't like it and pushed his plate away. That was it then, the kids did the same and just ate the bits they liked.

And then he got shitty with me for being upset about the way he'd acted over it. If he'd had pushed it round his plate for a bit, not eating it but encouraging the kids to try theirs it would have been better. Instead he did the exact thing that he's been moaning at the kids for doing.

He's been a bit shit in general recently.

• Sad
  • Wow

loobyscoobydoo

Just got in from a night out with my partner, I would quite like to get into the bathroom to take my make up off and brush my teeth but I can hear him doing his duolingo on the toilet 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad

Penguin86

VIP Member
The thing that annoys me about the panic buying of fuel is the selfish arseholes filling up petrol cans aswell as there vehicles. It's the toilet roll saga all over again.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
We haven't been getting on recently. The car was ordered quite a few months ago but delayed due to this chip shortage. He decided he doesn't know which direction this relationship is going in due to my behaviour 🙄 so he cancelled it. I'm used to not having anything nice so it doesn't surprise me he's done this. The car I have is on its last legs unfortunately so I won't be able to visit my Mum as she's 100 miles away. 👎🏻

I've told him I want one but obviously that means I'm the most ungrateful person ever and I'm taking his children away from him. 🙄

Living alone sounds bliss!

Yep, standard procedure. 🙄👎🏻
Again Bloody hell!! Where do you live? if it's anywhere near Hertfordshire you can use my car to go see your mum and when you go see her stay there and never come home again until he is gone or you have somewhere else to live.
I mean that from the bottom of my heart..
I have regretted many things in my life but never once regretted leaving my ex-husbands. Living in a toxic environment is not good for children or you.
I'm only just hearing more about how my kids felt and how things affected them mentally before we left and they are in their 40s now. You think kids won't remember, or they get over things easy.. yes in one way they do but not in all ways.

Wishing you al the luck and courage in the world to do what you want to do. its not selfish to want a better life but the world right now seems to be full of people telling others how selfish they are. it's to guilt-trip you. put your fingers in your ears and sing louadly ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 17

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I’m in WhatsApp jail 😅 avoiding someone but they’re the type to keep checking if I’m online so I just can’t go on 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
My daughter has been sent home from school because she has a cough which I know isn’t covid. She’s a child who unfortunately develops a cough at the slightest hint of a cold or if her allergies are triggered. I’ve booked her in for yet another Pcr test but I’m really bloody sick of this pandemic now. Sending kids home from school because they have a mild cough is fucking ridiculous.

If the school thinks I’m ‘home educating’ during this time off then they can think again. If my child isn’t well enough to stay in school then they’re not well enough to do school work at home either. I feel like sick days/snow days are long gone now schools know they can send the work home instead.