What’s annoying you right now? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That my husband just reprimanded my 4 year old daughter for being a bit naughty by saying "I won't love you if you do that again"... her face was devastated and if feel sick that he actually said that to her. Its abusive and she should never hear that he parents won't love her she should know we love her unconditionally. I'm in tears im so upset and angry. He doesn't see anything wrong with it and is just laughing at me

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
That my husband just reprimanded my 4 year old daughter for being a bit naughty by saying "I won't love you if you do that again"... her face was devastated and if feel sick that he actually said that to her. Its abusive and she should never hear that he parents won't love her she should know we love her unconditionally. I'm in tears im so upset and angry. He doesn't see anything wrong with it and is just laughing at me
That's so bloody sad, what an awful thing to say. it turns people into people pleasers. He is setting his daughter up to be abused.

Maybe people think I'm overreacting but love was withheld in my home and I spent my life trying to please people and anything went wrong I always blamed myself and felt bad for making them not love me.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's really sad. I hope it won't happen again. Unfortunately, this is the kind of sentence women later on hear from narcissists as grown ups. I'm not saying your husband is a narcissist, but this sentence rings differently between two adults.

One of my parents used to always tell me the same thing or harsher versions such as "I don't love you because of (insert something I didn't do right in their eyes)". These words have stuck with me ever since and triggered a lot of insecurities. I still have a lot of resentment from this. There are many ways to reprimand children. This is not one of them.

I hope your husband will come to his senses ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm late 20s and have a third!!! Wisdom tooth coming through, it had partially come through ages ago but seems like the rest of it is growing in now and it bloody well hurts.

I'm not even bloody wise after all this 😒😂
wisdom teeth are the worst. I’m mid twenties and still getting mine atm so I feel your pain! I have found salt water helps! Hope you feel better soon x

Move away from her. She is not adding anything to you life, she is taking things away like your self esteem.

We all have friends like these - frenemies. I have dropped loads of people since lockdowns started and have no intention of picking them up again.
I have. Ive been the same in lockdown. Thankfully because other ppl have noticed it, i no longer blame myself or think its my fault so thats helped me cut ties

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How those that won't/cant see the tit that is going on right now, will pick apart a tiny part of a post, a video header, or criticise the platform it's on rather than comment on the distressing content. Then act like they won some kind of argument.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That's the worst, the little digs, it just grinds you down doesn't it? Sounds like you have a good bunch of friends there!

Makes me wonder why people do things like that. Looking back I can see she has been a bit like this for a while, very sneaky!
Its really awful. For a long time i blamed myself. It must be me taking it wrong, no friend would hurt me like that, maybe i am bragging about the bottle of evian i just bought?

Honestly it was to the point where i couldnt say oh these socks, they are new... without feeling ill spending a couple of quid on my boujee lifestyle 🙄

Did his parents say this to him? Sometimes ppl continue behaviours their parents did with no thought or idea that it is wrong. I would suggest a softly softly approach of bringing this up to try find out where that thought process has come from. From my experience if its his parents its difficult to make them realise its wrong

Reactions: 2
Feeling absolutely rotten thought I had a cold, all classic symptoms- stuffy nose, aching, pressure in head but now have been sick several times throwing up bile 🤮

it’s flooring me

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Christ alive, that fact that he's laughing at you is equally as terrifying as what he said to her.
As a kid who grew up in a situation like this where love was withheld, explain to him that she is now likely going to be wondering what the borders and conditions are to daddy's love. What else will make him not love me? She could potentially grow up tiptoeing around him just in case she loses his love. And if it continues on her whole childhood she will likely get older and not love him and have minimal to no contact which is what I do with my family members now. I get you obviously don't want to undermine him but please tell your kid that what he said is not okay and that he shouldn't have said it. Kids don't know naughty behaviour. They have no awareness of what's naughty until we teach them. If her husband was saying things like that to her would he like that?

Reactions: 4
I want out of this university course. I've lost interest in it and I keep butting heads with the professor/tutor almost every tutorial. We all sometimes have bad days with colleagues but she's one of the few I've ever clashed with (everyone else seems to love working with her though :rolleyes:). I guess I just have low tolerance for people who come across controlling, this is a university not a primary school - stop micromanaging my work.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Myself. I am annoying myself. I'm going to get my eyebrows done but my lady has moved salons. I've never been there before, so I have no idea of the parking situation. I've Google mapped it, but it looks like a residential cul-de-sac. Omg why am I like this, I'm going to have to go half an hour early to make sure I can find somewhere to park. My heart is racing. This is not normal

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Myself. I am annoying myself. I'm going to get my eyebrows done but my lady has moved salons. I've never been there before, so I have no idea of the parking situation. I've Google mapped it, but it looks like a residential cul-de-sac. Omg why am I like this, I'm going to have to go half an hour early to make sure I can find somewhere to park. My heart is racing. This is not normal
Perhaps call the salon and ask?

I want out of this university course. I've lost interest in it and I keep butting heads with the professor/tutor almost every tutorial. We all sometimes have bad days with colleagues but she's one of the few I've ever clashed with (everyone else seems to love working with her though :rolleyes:). I guess I just have low tolerance for people who come across controlling, this is a university not a primary school - stop micromanaging my work.
Are you able to transfer to a different course? Perhaps ask student support x

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.