What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really pleased England are in the final but I've had to deactivate my Twitter account this morning because evert single post was some variation of 'It's coming home' and it is pretty bloody tiresome.

Still hope they win but I'm all too happy to disengage from the hysteria. I'm actually in Scotland for a work event on Sunday evening so imagine it'll be pretty low-key if England win!

Reactions: 2
1) My mother who is never content with me
2) Internet is hilariously slow today so I can’t even log on my Tattle account to moan and complain here 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Retail workers, personal services, grocery stores, food service places, education have been open for weeks and some of them throughout this pandemic where the staff has been totally unvaccinated with many still unvaccinated. Some of those staff deal with hundreds of random shoppers per day, classrooms full of students, doing facials where clients have no masks.
The risk to you at your desk is minute.
Perhaps your company will give in and allow you stay home untill your fully vaccinated but they dont have too.
I understand that and my post was in no way shape or form discrediting essential workers. It wasn't targeted at them at all. I appreciate your input, but I find your post to be an attack when mine wasn't meant to be this way at all. I'm comparing this to what other "office" based companies are currently doing with their "return to office" plans. I'm comparing like by like. You're comparing apples and oranges. I'm simply talking about the hypocrisy of bringing people with less than 1 year experience with the company etc.., not about the return to office itself. It will happen at some stage.

They don't have to wait until I'm fully vaccinated, but with 3K people roaming in the same office, you better hope a good portion is vaccinated. In the US, it is compulsory to be vaccinated before returning to office. Obviously, Europe has different regulations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Still no washing machine. The sight of the washing basket is giving me anxiety 🤣 can't wait for tomorrow for my new one to be delivered

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Instagram and their crappy ad’d.

My main page is just ad after ad, i rarely see posts by people i follow and now they have ad’s in the middle of reels.

its annoying as I use instagram to stay in touch with family and friends, esp those abroad so I don’t want to get rid of it but I use it less often now

Still no washing machine. The sight of the washing basket is giving me anxiety 🤣 can't wait for tomorrow for my new one to be delivered
You have my sympathy. My washing basket after one day knocks me sick. I hope you got a decent kg and have a extra large tumble dryer ready 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My lazy arse husband who tbf most of the time is amazing. But we moved house last week and putting curtains up 'isn't on his priority list'
Well my body clock which is rudely awaken at 4.20am every morning disagrees.

I'm tired man

• Sad
  • Heart
Accidentally missed a video meeting with one of my kids’ new teachers for next year. Literally remembered just as the appointment ended and it was time for my other kids appointment. Not a big deal really it’s literally just to say hi and bring up any concerns, lasts less than 5 minutes usually but it’s set my anxiety off a bit and now I think the new teacher thinks we’re terrible. Bloody England getting to the final has distracted me a lot today🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve cooked beef stew and dumplings for tea. Dished some up for me and the little one. The other half had a chicken pie in replacement of the stew (he is fussy as anything).

Little one said he “liked the dumplings a little bit” but not the stew. I think he actually does like it, seeing as before he’d said he didn’t, his first reason for not eating it was “I don’t want to be horrible to cows” 🙄😂

He’s decided not to eat any more, fine. OH pipes up, “shall I go and get him a pizza from the shop?”

Oh yeah mate, that’s the right idea. It’s really annoying having a fussy git for a partner sometimes because he doesn’t understand how annoying it is! It’s also difficult telling the kids they have to eat something, when their dad doesn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Whatever happened in the days before Covid ….when peop0kehad cold sand hay fever
My daughter has had LF tests since last Friday because she had a cold and was sneezing and nauseous she tested EVERY SINGLE DAY. She even took the LF negative tests into school on Monday
They sent her home yesterday because she was coughing
They are ‘unsatisfied’ with the LF test results and I had to drive her to a PCR testing site
So why are schools recommending the twice weekly LF tests if they are unsatisfactory?
Ffs… now she’s sneaking out when me and her father are at work

Myself. Had a normal eating day, no snacking as I didn't feel like it but just a moment ago I munched on a bunch of crackers even though I neither really wanted to eat them nor was I hungry. Absolutely no reason at all apart from my mouth wanting to be busy. I could have had a cup of tea or just water. And now I feel crappy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
“It’s coming home”. I can’t wait for it to all be over and everyone go back to hating each other 😈

• Haha
That I didn’t move my bed sooner (TL;DR I have very noisy neighbours and my bed was against a wall the house shares with them). I’ve had the best nights sleep in months due to not hearing them and annoyed I didn’t move my bed sooner!

• Heart
I live in a smallish town north of a huge town which has felt like a secret for so long ... until now. Today it was announced that 90 new townhouses are being built on an area currently occupied by lovely old houses with full sections, plus approval has just been granted for a huge motorway to run right through the centre of the town. I know things have to change, but sometimes it feels it's not for the better.

• Sad
I have this friend who gets really grumpy if she doesn't get her own way, she's a bit of a spoilt princess! She's currently being moody and blunt with me because I said I didn't want to go and queue outside Next at 6am tomorrow for the sale on my day off :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I live in a smallish town north of a huge town which has felt like a secret for so long ... until now. Today it was announced that 90 new townhouses are being built on an area currently occupied by lovely old houses with full sections, plus approval has just been granted for a huge motorway to run right through the centre of the town. I know things have to change, but sometimes it feels it's not for the better.
I live in a small village and we are being attacked from all angles.. As soon as you object to one plan they put in another until they wear you out. The idea is to join up every village and town.

I lived in London and see the same thing happen there. Watch how listed buildings suddenly catch fire, or a new worker accidentally knocks down a building/tree. nothing is ever done and these developers are sweeping the countryside with "affordable" housing that no one in the actual area can afford.

They also promise the village many many benefits such as extra parking, or parks and none ever actually happen. they don't even repair the damage they cause to the lanes, hedgerows and pavements. We dont have the infrastructure to cope with it but they don't care and just keep building, just bunging councillors some nice rewards for letting things go through.
its time these developers and counsellors were bought to justice but nothing is ever done no matter how hard you protest and go to meetings..
learnt that the hard way in London. now I just roll my eyes whenever the village sends round new letters telling us to do this and that to stop the destruction.. I do them still but I know it wont do a damn thing

Sorry, that turned into a rant
😳

• Sad
I have this friend who gets really grumpy if she doesn't get her own way, she's a bit of a spoilt princess! She's currently being moody and blunt with me because I said I didn't want to go and queue outside Next at 6am tomorrow for the sale on my day off :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Why would anyone put themselves through this?
--

Woke up with a horrible IBS flare up so can't imagine the rest of the day being fun. Think stress, anxiety, lack of sleep and sadness are contributing to this but I can't seem to resolve any of these triggers which is frustrating. 😪

• Heart
Epilepsy - 2nd Tonic Clonic (grand mal) in 2 weeks, Epilepsy nurse says I'm on highest dose of medication.

Lovely bruise on my face, all up my arms and legs where I fell off the bed 😅 looks like I've been beaten up so that's cute

• Sad
Reactions: 7
So my new washing machine has been delivered! But I'm absolutely shite at DIY/home/plumbing all that jazz so I have to wait till my fella gets home from work tonight. It's meant to be pissing down all weekend and it's costa del Watermelon here so would have been nice to hang out all my washing on the line 😂

Yes I should have chose the option to get it installed but that was a 3+ week wait. 🙄😩

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.